Collection of Ring Tones

Guest Simon Desser

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can someone please help me to do the front bit of the song "twisted nerve" from bernard hermann as featured in the movie kill bill? i'd like the whole part of the whistling part, that would be nice. but not the racket at the back. please...... ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest eieioNY

I've tried to download several of Simon's "zipped" ringtone files, mostly from the first couple of pages of this thread, but i can't unzip them. there seems to be nothing in those zip files.

can someone help me? i'm a relative newbie to this and is trying to customize my new phone, an SP5 smartphone.

thanks in advance!

Guest eieioNY

i even have trouble getting some of the ringtones downloading to work... i tried around 5 of them, some of them were Simon's zip files, and they didn't work, they were empty or winzip can't open them. then i tried someone else's, very recent addition, around page 68 or 69, and that didn't work either, i think it was called Lyla.wav or something like that...what did i do wrong? after i downloaded it, it said that it had 0 bytes in the file!!

confused. any assistance would be most appreciated.

Guest Disco Stu

Are you sure it is not your firewall settings ?

Can you give us the post number (top right hand corner) rather than the page number of those you are having trouble with please

Guest eieioNY
Are you sure it is not your firewall settings ?

Can you give us the post number (top right hand corner) rather than the page number of those you are having trouble with please

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's Post 1005 and the wav file is called something like Lyla.wav

i first double clicked it and it downloads on my computer's desktop, then i point to it and double click it, it won't open in WinMediaPlayer, so i tried to open it in iTunes, it won't work either.

it seems like it has zero bytes in it. something is very wrong in what i'm doing...

maybe, Mr. DiscoStu, you can post any ringtone here that you KNOW works, then i'll download it as a test, and get right back to you. you know, in your next post right here. just a test. it's like downloading anything, right? the newly downloaded files shows up on my desktop, and i double click it to open it up, and it automatically uses one of the media players to play it right away.

wonder what's wrong.

many thanks for your prompt response. it's a brand new SP5 smartphone, my first smartphone, so while i'm excited, i'm also quite overwhelmed by the myriad of functionalities.

i haven't had the guts to download a theme yet. really want to, don't know how, and don't want to mess my new phone up...ugh!

Guest Disco Stu

If I single-click on lyla_wav it plays in Windows Media Player.

If I right-click and save it, I can transfer it to my phone.

There doesn't seem to be any point in me uploading something else when I can get these to work.

There must be something stopping those bytes getting through at your end !

Guest eieioNY
If I single-click on lyla_wav it plays in Windows Media Player.

If I right-click and save it, I can transfer it to my phone.

There doesn't seem to be any point in me uploading something else when I can get these to work.

There must be something stopping those bytes getting through at your end !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I single click and i get Windows Media Player to open up, and a small pop up windows says:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." when i click More Info, i get:

" C00D1199: Cannot play the file

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.

The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is not supported by the Player.

The file type is supported, but you are trying to play it in a way that is not supported by the Player. For example, you might have tried to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. Or you might have tried to open a .vob file by clicking Open on the File menu.

You are trying to play one part of a multipart file. Use a newsreader or other program to combine the files, and then try again.

Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000

Web Help "

It's odd because I can play other wav files. am i doing something inadvertently?

thx so much for trying.

Guest Disco Stu

It's very odd because I'm doing this on my mother's PC and not getting any problems.

Are you using Windows Media Player 10 ? You can get it free from the Microsoft site if not. The only other suggestion I can come up with is that another media player is associated with wav files.

Try going into WMP - Tools, Options, File Types and reassociate with wav.

I did think the 'zero bytes' clue was pointing towards a firewall issue though

Guest eieioNY
It's very odd because I'm doing this on my mother's PC and not getting any problems.

Are you using Windows Media Player 10 ? You can get it free from the Microsoft site if not. The only other suggestion I can come up with is that another media player is associated with wav files.

Try going into WMP - Tools, Options, File Types and reassociate with wav.

I did think the 'zero bytes' clue was pointing towards a firewall issue though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't have problems downloading wav files before though...

any ideas? i use norton internet security , like a good number of others...

mmm...very frustrating.

Guest eieioNY

so basically, ANY wav files from modaco doesn't download for me. what does happen is that it goes through the download process, places an icon on my desktop ( i asked it to put the file on my desktop), and when i right click on the icon to see "properties", i see that it says 0 bytes.

that should be a BIG clue but i'm not computer savvy sufficiently to know where that leads me to :)

anyone else?

please email me directly if you have an idea. i'm frustrated and any assistance would be most appreciated. none of the zip files or the wav files download properly from this site. wonder why?

is there another test that i can perform?

bummed out.

Guest awarner [MVP]
so basically, ANY wav files from modaco doesn't download for me.Ā  what does happen is that it goes through the download process, places an icon on my desktop ( i asked it to put the file on my desktop), and when i right click on the icon to see "properties", i see that it says 0 bytes.

that should be a BIG clue but i'm not computer savvy sufficiently to know where that leads me to :)

anyone else?

please email me directly if you have an idea.Ā  Ā  i'm frustrated and any assistance would be most appreciated.Ā  none of the zip files or the wav files download properly from this site.Ā  wonder why?

is there another test that i can perform?

bummed out.

The problem will be your firewall settings.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eieioNY

Simon, et al.

i'm a newbie at this and i read simon's "guide to making smartphone ringtones" and he suggested that we try Cool Edit 2000. i looked and it really isn't available anymore from places like downloads.com

may i ask what you folks out there suggest as a simple program that will allow me to make ring tones for my SP5? again, i'm not going to be a professional musician or anything like that, i'm only interested in making nice ringtones for my SP5.

many thanks in advance.

Try Audacity or dbPowerAMP - both from the same place I believeĀ  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blaze media pro is the best for me!

Made this one with it!