Software update version 1.50 for SPV available NOW

Guest ContactBot

the connection settings have changed for my Dutch SPV. No problem on GPRS connections, but it isnt fun to dial ino England instead of Holland :lol:

Guest puffa_j

hey! if i install this update on my smart amazing phone here in the philippines, will it be good or not? what will happen to my phone? im curious

dmmh, i think you are getting confused, this isnt the english update, its the swiss update. :lol:

edited, see next post, doublepost sorry

dmmh, i think you are getting confused, this isnt the english update, its the swiss update. :lol:

I know man. But first of all all my menu's are English now, not Swiss, and isnt +44 England?

All dialup settings changed to +44 for country code. Seems as English to me as it can get :D

Guest midnight
update went fine btw, from Dutch 1.37 to English 1.50. Half the menus are in Dutch, the other half in English though lol. But its way more responsive, so Im cool with it.

only commenting on your previous post :lol:

only commenting on your previous post :lol:

I can see the confusion now :D

anyways, I somehow got into my head it was English, with all the English stuff happening to me phone :smirk:

Guest evilminky

so its safe to upgrade the english software to this new swedish software with no problems for someone who cant understand swedish. worth waiting for the english version did anything change when they changed other the other upgrade into the english version?

The SMS counter (that has been in the danish ROM in the last few months) is usefull, but only when doing the typing-number-on-homescreen-and-selecting-sms thing, not when selecting 'sms', 'new sms' and 'add to'.

Guest djthorp

Well i did a very brief update to this before reinstalling the 1.35 rom.

It's looking good (I love the default graphic on the swiss homescreen). MY SPV zipped along quite nicely when i did have the new update on.

Few probs which I'm suspecting is because I installed a foreign rom more than anyting

1. Orange update and backup dont work

2. The update changes my links on my homescreen to swiss pages.

Suspect Paul might not have the problems with backup and update because he hard reset. Not doing that though cos i cant cope with foreign. Hopefully the proper UK version will be about soon cos its looking really really good performance wise

Dave

Guest Paul [MVP]

Orange Update and Backup worked, after a hard reset everything was still in english (albeit US English).

I use RELOAD homescreen anyway, so the links aren't an issue for me :lol:

P

Guest MoRFLeZ
I wish I knew :?  I cant see anything new other than an SMS counter that only works if you know the persons number off by heart :roll:  and a slightly quicker boot time.

Maybe Paul knows some more :?:

Well I don't know if this works for UK phones, but when I write a text I add the contact from my contactlist (which will remove the sms counter) then I write "0" (or any number) in the "Cc:" field .. delete it again - and I have an SMS Counter with the right contact - without remembering their number by heart!

Granted it's not the easiest counter to work .. but it sorta works...

Guest Simon Desser

One strange thing I've noticed with version 1.50.

I have 2 phones, both with identical IPSM's. After updating the ROM to 1.50 on one phone, All-Location's GPRS counter now loads automatically "in the background" (as you'd expect), but on the phone with version 1.37 still on it, I have to manually start the program for it to monitor traffic.

Any one know why that would be :?:

Guest Simon Desser
(Why is everyone so desperate to update?)

So your entirely happy with 1.3X then, and won't be bothering with any more updates :?:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I'm happy with my SPV now, yes. I know a new UK update is imminent.

However, I'm patient enough to wait for Orange to release it though, without posting all the problems i've had with ROM's designed for a different countries mobile infrastructure and language... ;p

Guest Simon Desser

I wouldn't be foolish enough to post any problems to do with locality and language, after installing a "foreign" ROM :shock:

My last post was saying that All-Location's GPRS counter worked the way it should, after update v1.50 :).

Surely, SOME of the changes that appear in this version are indicative of what can be expected in the UK version :?:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I wasn't aiming my inital comment at you, more at the general posts along the lines of "shall i do it, will it go wrong, is it better", and so on. Repeat posts by people that will have an update for their own country soon enough.

My comment was, why are people so desperate for an update, to the extent they will risk killing their phone with a non-standard ROM image, for the sake of waiting a few weeks.

People seem to be anticipating a lot more than they are likely to get in SP2002 updates. To be honest, i wouldn't expect more than a working SMS counter and a few speed-up tweaks (and hopefully the WMP buffering bug) this side of SP2003. Sorry to dash any hopes some people may be having over the infamous updates :)

Guest Simon Desser
I wasn't aiming my inital comment at you,
Fair enough :)

People seem to be anticipating a lot more than they are likely to get in SP2002 updates.  To be honest, i wouldn't expect more than a working SMS counter and a few speed-up tweaks (and hopefully the WMP buffering bug)

Totally agree ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.