Software update version 1.50 for SPV available NOW

Guest ContactBot

Guest drblow
So your entirely happy with 1.3X then, and won't be bothering with any more updates

I am!!

My SPV has been working great for the last few months (apart from gprs obviously!! :twisted: ) & the comments made about the new update make it sound like a new skin not an OS update! I have a pefectly good skin in Reload - can access everything I need from the homescreen with 1 click (I mean - what is this obsession with 1 click?! Do people really have that much of a problem with 2 clicks??!! Lazy ass ba**tards!!)

It seems ridiculous to me - this update sounds as if they are trying to market the phone to new customers (sounds as if Orange marketing think the phone needs to be dumbed down for muppets), not satisfy the requirements of established users. Anyone who has had an SPV for a while surely would find the update completely useless - unless it includes proper sms & gprs counters, a noticable increase in speed & battery life, and an end to the gprs problems.

Am I wrong!!!!!!??????? :wink:

....and maybe expect a few more homescreen plugins :)

dreams dreams....

but I get your point mono, we were in a rush for previous updates (before UK1 release) but that is due to important fixes / speedups and general responsiveness that original ROM lacked BIG TIME! I am happy enough now not to bother with all that testing and reinstalling but I had my share of all that...

Still awaiting new ROM.

PS: D'u reckon SP2003 is gonna be 2.0?

Guest morpheus2702

I think that the one-touch idea also stems from Microsoft. Take XP - when you first use it, it's a case of 'what do you want to do... look at a document, access the internet, make toast?' rather than the 'start>programs' routine that computer users have been used to previously.

Great for the newbie but a pain in the backside for the experienced user.

Guest DamianJauregui

Okay, have now upgraded to 1.50, also saw the Tanager on the Orange website, alongside the reference to the 'previous SPV' links.

My baby's been thrown away by Orange already. :)

Guest DamianJauregui

That's nothing, it's been 31 - 36 degrees for the last couple of weeks, although I was in Russia for the last 10 days.

Another thing, I'm from Wales. This means that I'm wealthy AND understand the benefits of sheep. :)

Guest deano_uk

I just updated my UK SPV to the 1.5 swiss update and it works like a charm. The speed boost on GPRS is so noticeable since I use it as a net connection with my laptop. And it seems to have put an end to the infamous gprs "dying" problems where you have to reboot your phone/restart the radio to get it work again.

Well worth doing imho. Just don't do what I did the first time which was to modify the DeviceData.txt file to read ORG_CH and try flashing it the "official" way, i.e. automatic bootloader initialisation. That killed my phone the first time lol :) Nearly s*** a brick ;)

Peace out

Dean

Guest deano_uk

Nope, it was english (UK). Still is. I didn't do a hard reset afterwards though. My data connection settings were all ok too.. and the MMS client settings.

Guest martin

I've got THE update on my phone at the moment and I have to say that GPRS does seem to work so much better (video streaming is still not 100% but its very close). The whole phone just feels so much more responsive :)

It would be interesting to know if the new software will fix the GPRS problems that so many people are experiencing. Those one dial wonders.

Guest deano_uk

Well, GPRS is running fast as f**k on mine now. BUT, I have had a one-dial tonight while using it. I phoned up orange and complained.. then i slipped out "i've tried it on t-mobile and it does the same". And they were all time "but the phone only works on orange sir" and i'm like "er.. it was a friends SPV which he had on t-mobile somehow". That was a laugh :)

Guest morpheus2702

Uh-oh, better check the forum's rules cos that sounds a bit narrow minded and nationalistic ...

I've checked, doesn't say anything - let's start throwing onions at Calais now :wink:

Sacre bleau merde en tete

Guest morpheus2702

Nothing but love here, nothing but love...

Sat here wearing my beret, black and white striped jumper, onions around my neck, big moustache, eating amphibians smelling of garlic and going 'ohhh-ehhh-ohhh-ehhh-ohhh'

Guest DamianJauregui

Morpheus, the menu language seems to switch from Int. English [i think it was] to US English when I updated the OS. Everything else works fine, it didn't even wipe over my Voicemail, GPRS, MMS and SMS settings [i don't use an Orange SIM].

Very good speed improvements on both the main menus and the GPRS, although I have noticed that it can sometimes, not always, take over 10 minutes [11.15 mins, I timed it this morning] for the back light to go out.

Damian.

Guest martin
Martin has THE update!!!  

Any news when the great unwashed can get it?

@peasants

I haven't heard of a release date but i'm sure it can't be too long now.

From what I've read about the Swiss version, its exactly the same. There's nothing new in software applications and it has the same issue with the SMS counter BUT its has such noticable improvemence in performance. Oh and its English too :)

It's worth it just for the GPRS performance. I played a 5 minute Benny Hill streaming video this morning and it buffered only once for about a couple of seconds. This was unthinkable before the update.

DamianJauregui

The backlight on my phone goes out as normal.

Guest Blakey

Is it possible they aren't going to release 1.50 UK until the SPV E100 ships? I *assume* that will come with the latest ROM....?

Thought for food...

Blakey

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.