Voice activated dialling trial

Guest jhew

I just ran the Voice Dialling application as was informed that an even newer version of the software was available, although i'm not quite sure just how new as i've not used it too much! Its the third version i've had though...

• 1 month later...

I've just been rung for 25 mins by the Orange Trials people and have some "unconfirmed information" for you all! Firstly the release date should be around the start of 2004, secondly, he believed it would be... FREE! We spoke for ages about other features that could be implemented like using it to write an email etc. Only time will tell but I was impressed by this trial :)

Guest leo-balou

Yep - they called me too and also (off the record) said it most likely would be free.

Makes sense really - using the service will still generate income from call charges.

Hope they manage to get other voice controlled services going e.g.TRaffic news - say to voice app: "M1 Junction 10" voice app reply - "Major delays Junction 11 please avoid"....loads of potential uses.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I had my call the other day, again they implied it woud be free or integrated into other subscription services. I've not really used it all that much (stopped driving, and have no need for it outside of the car really) since the last survey, but what i did use i was very impressed with.

Guest ***merlin***
Am I the only person who thinks voice dialling is useless (unless in a car).  You just look like a fool when yelling "Barry!" over and over into your phone whilst it phones Harry.

:) :( :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email from the Orange Trials Team, bad news i'm afraid :)

The VAD service will cease to operate on Friday 31st October  - this will also

include the withdrawal of the Voice Activated Dialling support line.  The

closure of the trial will mean that any contacts you created will no longer be

accessible. Therefore, please ensure that you make a note of any contacts you

wish to keep.

Shame, i look forward to its official release...

Ditto, just filling in the last questionnaire now, they better have another trial lined up, I want more SD Cards now I have a laptop with an SD Card drive.