My Prefered Skin

Guest fde

Very good work Kleinweder!! Checked out ur site - nice! :)

(i just added that 1 mru icon and it totally rocks)

@minky: To use the screens install Longhorn Extra (not the skin, but the extra screens) then replace the files in Program FilesLonghorn Extra folder.. This is the easy solution. The hard one is to do it all in registry. See tweaks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vijay555

p_boy, why not just convert it yourself if it's not already done? Homescreens are not rocketscience!

kl1wdr - i love your skins, IMHO best around.

you've got a great sense of style mate...

V

Guest agent.m
Of course it works...! I am using it myself...?!?

it dont work on mine. the skins show up on homescreen 2 but not with the minimalistic xml

Guest agent.m

lets get this right. all you do is put the xml and the skins in the /home? i havent had any other problems with the other skins just this one :cry:

Guest AngelOfRage

Ive added your site to my favorites already, please, please, please could you do an english translation of your skins and also the website :?:

ive been looking for a site like yours for a long time, that has a decent selection of skins and backgrounds with a good layout.

well done! :)

Guest nickcornaglia

Man I love that minimal skin. I modified it a bit.

- Added All Day Events

- Moved Time and Date to the same line

- Added Missed Calls.

- Customized background to be english and added the neostream.com mascot (which by the way is the coolest looking website on this earth!)

Thanks kl1wdr!!!

neostream.gif

Guest vijay555

Posted this a while ago.

This is screenshot of older version, much improved now, but basically:

- made smaller MRU, so that i can have:

- MRU text in top left to show app name

- bigger clock

- new icons

- alarm plugin

- carrier [mocked up in this draft, i'm at work so can't take new screenshot], under clock, in light gray, for twin sims.

- [this draft also has lcd plugin for Analogue clock between her legs :) - removed now because of apparent battery drain and pointless, but fun!]

- all day events added on bottom line under Alarm. this overwrites the carrier text when displayed [is is invisible until needed], which scrolls completely off the bottom for neatness.

I think the original skins are lovely work, and kl1wdr has great style!

V

screenshot.jpg

Guest tormod

@encece

sweat!!

can't you put it out on the forum.. I would like to have it :wink:

Man I love that minimal skin. I modified it a bit.

- Added All Day Events

- Moved Time and Date to the same line

- Added Missed Calls.

- Customized background to be english and added the neostream.com mascot (which by the way is the coolest looking website on this earth!)

Thanks kl1wdr!!!

Guest vijay555

i must admit, i prefer the original or encece's more than mine, but i use my phone as a clock, so like a nice big digital clock - don't get why people want a 2mm clock to squint at (although look at my LCD-analogue clock!)

I also changed relevant info to red or blue to make it easier for your eyes to find missed calls, sms and schedule text.

Alarm plugin is essential, and invaluable when used with Xbar and my control panel xml hack (search for alarm.cpl.xml) which gives near 1 click access to alarm settings - richie's plugin is still buggy IMHO if you don't close the date/time panel properly.

I shifted everything around very slightly to allow for bigger fonts, again, updated screenshot shows it better.

However, i tend to use the skin only when i'm feeling show off or horny - day to day i've knocked up a VERY bare/clean skin, will try post s.shot.

I don't get the sense of multi screen homescreens - i like to glance at my phone and know the day,date, important info, current position of the bolivian armed manoeuvre's etc. Multi page screens look flash, but are surely counter productive in terms of getting at your info.

Roll on Xetra's temp plugin!

V

Also, all day appointment is useful, will try to post an updated screenshot later.

Guest vijay555

evilminky and anyone else who might be interested:

My skin is smooth and silky, come and feel!

Hope someone likes it, feedback extremely welcome...

Um, from memory:

-both have MRU with filenames

-missed calls, sms, voice messages,

-alarm plugin; you must install this first in the home directory

-next appointment

-all day events (not visible here, but neatly scroll off the bottom)

-VJ woman has a carrier label in there as well

-VJ woman uses colouring which catches the eye easily - green highlights, blue text for appointments and red for missed calls etc. very ergonomic i think.

V

VJWoman.zip

VJsimple.zip

SS-VJ_simple.jpg

SS-VJ_woman.jpg

Guest JoelRae

very smooth vijay ... busy homescreens (AI etc) are cool for a while but I reckon I'll soon revert to a simple, useful one like these :) I'm hopin to get time to design my own at some point ... so thanks for postin these, it all helps :wink:

Joel