Registry Tweaks

Guest midnight

Guest graphic-solutions

Hi there

Is the a tweak to the registry of the C500 that will alter the length of time the keypad backlight stays on i.e. longer than the present 5 seconds ??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SCIZZORS

--->>to midnight

coudnt PM you so heres a post

hi midnight

need some additional info on skinnig of some system screens

specifically, the Main Start screen screen when you goto start

i need to skin that correctly for roman kellers's cool blue theme to work right..

see the middle pic in this thread

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...der=asc&start=0

cant find what key to mod, do i need to make a new string somewhere?

thx scizzors

• 4 weeks later...

still looking for this...can anyone help me find this path?

thanks!!!

In 2003, the folder is StorageApplication DataProfiles. You might have to open your profiles and make a change to them to get them saved into that folder. I read somethng to that affect earlier in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bu_kandar83

i have a small question ??

how can i receive a bluetooth in my SD card dirctly NOT in my phone storage ??

How can i do it in registry Tweaks ????

Thanks alot

Hi there 

Is the a tweak to the registry of the C500 that will alter the length of time the keypad backlight stays on  i.e. longer than the present 5 seconds ??

In the Powermanagement settings page (start-> settings -> Power Management) there is the option to change the backlight time out , however there is another way with a cool program called RJV RegTweaks UI (version for SP2002 and SP2003), which tweaks the registry however via a user interface making for a more friendly experience for those not wanting to actually use the registry editor.

Also, in TweaksUI there are other cool features that all you to change activesync name, an alarm (change looping), Bluetooth name, Fast Texters (great as it shortens the time between cursor advances if you are not using t9), looping ringtone, operator name, media player skin as well as start up / down sounds and screens etc

rgds

jim

In the Powermanagement settings page (start-> settings -> Power Management) there is the option to change the backlight time out , however there is another way with a cool program called RJV RegTweaks UI (version for SP2002 and SP2003), which http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>Tweaks the registry however via a user interface making for a more friendly experience for those not wanting to actually use the registry editor.

Also, in TweaksUI there are other cool features that all you to change activesync name, an alarm (change looping), Bluetooth name, Fast Texters (great as it shortens the time between cursor advances if you are not using t9), looping ringtone, operator name, media player skin as well as start up / down sounds and screens etc

rgds

jim

yes, it is indeed a great application.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've a smarphone sagem mys-7 and i've problem with a sound

when i take a photo there's a sound \Windows\MrsTakePhoto.wav

I tried to delete it > :evil:

I tried to replace it by another wav > :evil:

I tried to http://www.modaco.com/search.php>Search the reg with phm reg .. but can't find it, & the http://www.modaco.com/search.php>Search freeze my SP :evil:

I tried Regedit.net, good soft but no http://www.modaco.com/search.php>Search > :evil:

I browse the entire Registry ( I hope not ) & can't find the data.

Help! :) :?:

Guest Morninglight

I've got 2 small http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>Tweaks:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\shell Folders

Change

"Cache"="\Storage\Temporary Internet Files"

To:

"Cache"="\Storage Card\Temporary Internet Files"

Internet Explorer will dump the Temporary Internet files on your MMC/SD/mini SD :)

Next one:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Splash Screen]

"CarrierShutdownTimeout" 1500

I've lowered it to 50 (Milli seconds I think) I don't see the orange splash screen anymore, and it's shutting down much faster 8)

Guest mobilitystar
ok, yeh, maybe i should have explained that a little better.

you need the registry editor 'PHM Registry Editor', download it, run it from your pc, follow the onscreen instructions and it will install it onto your phone automatically. The actual program should then be accessable from the programs menu. once you run it the instructions should start to make sense (i hope) :wink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Midnight,

PHM Registry Editor is a great utility. I was using it on my ATT Wireless MPX220, for some reason it kept going back to the start menu after certain amount of time. Do you know if there is a fix that will not kick you out of the PHM Reg Editor?

Thank you.

Guest Disco Stu
...for some reason it kept going back to the start menu after certain amount of time.  Do you know if there is a fix that will not kick you out of the PHM Reg Editor?

Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just checking...Settings, Homescreen, Timeout ?

Guest mobilitystar
Just checking...Settings, Homescreen, Timeout ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is set at 'after 10 minutes', besides I don't think this has anything to do with the problem I was experiencing. The timeout here is set so the http://www.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>http://www.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen will be refreshed (to display new task or calendar event).

What happened to me is that I am in the registry editing mode then all of a suddent it exits out of the app and went back to the start menu automatically.

Is this one of the bugs with MPX 220?

Edited by mobilitystar

Guest mobilitystar
It is set at 'after 10 minutes', besides I don't think this has anything to do with the problem I was experiencing.  The timeout here is set so the home screen will be refreshed (to display new task or calendar event).

What happened to me is that I am in the registry editing mode then all of a suddent it exits out of the app and went back to the start menu automatically.

Is this one of the bugs with MPX 220?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found a really good software for registry editing:

http://www.metropical.com

It allows you to edit registry from your PC, it is really cool!

• 1 month later...
Guest boylollipop

Does anyone know if theres a reg edit for the C500 to allow you to choose custom ringtones for contacts other than the default ones?

or if theres a simpler way to do that?

Thanks

Edited by boylollipop

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zaiclopz

how do i get my spv c500 (qtek 8010) decertified??

second.. when i'm makeing a call, when i push the call button a beep sounds exactly into my ear from the phones speaker, even if the phone is on silent profile.

help me tweak my phone please :D

• 1 month later...
Guest qwero

Hi,

I hope the thread is not finished.

Can anybody advice me how to change font size (homescreen, various apps-calculator,...etc), not menu(which is easy)???

Idiot guide or links is appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Griff_FFOC

Can anyone confirm whether the system start sound survives a re-boot. I'd expect so otherwise there'd be no point of it.

Also, my current reg setting is "carrier_boot.mid", which I even seem to find on the phone. Probably why I don't hear anything. As the tweak says use Wav file, do oth mid and wav files work?

Ta

Griff

• 1 month later...
Guest MrAlexSir

Is there any app or tweaks I could run to improve the speed of the phone?

I find that it runs rather sluggishly at times, yet at others its not too bad.

Yrs

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pearlous
i have a small question ??

how can i receive a bluetooth in my SD card dirctly NOT in my phone storage ??

How can i do it in registry Tweaks ????

Thanks alot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get PHM Registry Editor and drill down to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Obex\Services\{f9ec7bc4-953c-11d2-984e-525400dc9e09}

Change the value of BaseDir to \Storage Card

This worked on my Cingular MPx220.

As always, it's not my fault if you mess up your phone.... but enjoy! Although the bluetooth speed is pretty slow...

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@pearlous

Can you please tell us the nature of 'BaseDir'? Is it a key? A string value? What is the default value of 'BaseDir' on your phone?

On my C500 it says:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Obex\Services\{f9ec7bc4-953c-11d2-984e-525400dc9e09}\Storage Card

Im sorry for the series of questions. :)

Guest pearlous
@pearlous

Can you please tell us the nature of 'BaseDir'? Is it a key? A string value? What is the default value of 'BaseDir' on your phone?

On my C500 it says:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Obex\Services\{f9ec7bc4-953c-11d2-984e-525400dc9e09}\Storage Card

Im sorry for the series of questions.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can read here for more information on Microsoft's Object Exchange Protocol:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....ectExchange.asp

BaseDir in this case is the location that is shared via FTP to other devices. It is a string value and the default on my Cingular MPx220 with Windows Mobile 2003 SE was \Storage\My Documents which meant that I could only transfer things to my phone memory then copy them to the card. When I click on {f9ec7bc4-953c-11d2-984e-525400dc9e09} I get a blank screen in PHM Registry Editor, so I click on Values, go down to BaseDir and click on it. I then chaned the "Value data:" to \Storage Card

And now when I click on Smartphone FTP from my bluetooth enabled laptop, I get the Storage Card instead of the phone memory's My Documents. Your C500 may have come configured for your Storage Card to be shared via BT FTP. Did that answer your questions?

Regards

-Johnny

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Thanks for your reply Johnny.

By default, the C500 does not come with a 'BaseDir' string under {f9ec7bc4-953c-11d2-984e-525400dc9e09}.

So I compiled a CAB and have this registry structure after installation and reboot.

post-12251-1120668321_thumb.jpg

The complete registry path would now appear as:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Obex\Services\{f9ec7bc4-953c-11d2-984e-525400dc9e09}\BaseDir

'BaseDir' being a string value with a value data = \Storage Card (see photo attachment)

I had a fellow moderator (thanks James! ) test the CAB file for me on his C500 as I only have 1 BT-enabled device with me right now and it seems not working on the Typhoon.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gorcorps

I have a mpx 200 and I've been trying out your system startup sound tweak. For some reason, I can't get it to work and was wondering if I was missing a step. I'm using wm2003.

I installed PHM registry editor and placed 2 .wavs called Newt.wav and wound.wav in the /Storage/ directory on the phone.

Then I started up PHM and went to the sound/systemstart area and in the "sound" string I put "/Storage/Newt.wav" Then I rebooted my phone after hitting "done"

It's still the default boot up sound, so I know I'm missing something somewhere. Can anybody tell me what?