SPVMan goes V1.0 - 19th July 2003 - Final version

Guest muff

I doubt they've lost the code as they keep releasing it on new formats - on the Vodaphone that Beckham advertises now

it's a shame that they've not shared it though :)

I'll tinker a little more, and see where it gets us, but in general I'm fairly happy with the current version, so if all else fails I can stick with that

thanks for the quote though - I have actually read the article before, a while ago, but didn't come across it again when doing searches at the weekend so had forgotten about it

Guest fumaras

sorry muff but i found a problem in v0.09a

if highscore is higher than 100000 ( :) ;) ) then highscore is blocked at 100000.

The score restart to zero and count normally.

For exemple i see:

1P................................highscore

normally i should see 1P 106840 and highscore 106840

(the saved highscore is 100000)

PS:

I see 1 galaxian, 2 bells and 3 sort of white key with small ball blue at top of the white key.

what is this sort of "fruit" ?

sorry muff but i found a problem in v0.09a

if highscore is higher than 100000 ( ;)  :)  ) then highscore is blocked at 100000.

oh, my god! congratulations!

you've reached the capping limit on the score - something I didn't think would happen

[though I should have realised the warning signs the other day when you said you'd got 74000 or so, and were still going]

I'm going to have to increase the limit just for you :(

I'll work out how many characters I can fit on the screen (and split that into 2 so that there is room for a score and hiscore) and set that as the new limit

that'll give you a new challenge :D

I see 1 galaxian, 2 bells and 3 sort of white key with small ball blue at top of the white key.

what is this sort of "fruit" ?

it is indeed a key - don't blame me though, that's what Namco did

is it still playing ok at these high levels? I hope so

I'm off to increase the limits, there will be a new version available tomorrow

muff

Guest fumaras

ok thank you muff, else all seems ok now and i hope you can make a pause function for the game later...

(the key is ok, it was just to now exactlly what is this form because i wasn't sure it's a key... thanks)

re:pause function

I suppose when your getting 100,000 points you probably deserve to pause it for a second :)

will look at adding it into the version for tomorrow

muff

Guest adrianfox

muff

I was playing arcade version and I noticed a few little things that should be easy to tweakif you have the mind to:

- The arcade version is a little faster around 20-25% to move pacman from one side of maze to the other on Level 1

- when you go onto second level, it should pause a second or so with "Ready!" giving you chance to press a key so it sets off in a different direction

- The ghosts in the arcade move up and down in their pen

Guest fumaras

ok thank you for all muff.

yes adrianfox and i add that the great difference i saw (because it's very more hard if...) is when you catch a blue ghost, the ghost reapper in is base and leave immediatly.

Guest fumaras

probably :) but your game is very interresting like it is ;) and my request is just to make the game a little more harder because if ghost leave his base immediatly*, it's more difficult to catch the point near the base.

Actually, it's enough easilly to catch a flashing point, catch some ghost and take the point around the base during ghost wait in their base :wink: .

(* in this way, i'm not sure it's necessery to change the highscore :wink: , very hard or impossible (?) to go to 100000)

Guest benjymous

Any chance of a sound on/off option, to save having to turn down the phone volume when I'm playing in the office?

(Great game, btw :lol:)

Guest benjymous
Adrian, that's a great quote, were'd you find it????

I'd love to include the actual algorithms they used (although as I said above mine is actually not a bad estimate)

so all details on this are welcome

I think one of them always goes a random direction, and the other always turns left (or right?) when he bumps into a wall.

Can't be certain tho, but playing with the original should help you work it out

Guest Gorskar

Very minor bug I've noticed: If you eat a fruit just after eating a ghost then the ghost's score appears for a second where the ghost was eaten.

Very minor bug I've noticed: If you eat a fruit just after eating a ghost then the ghost's score appears for a second where the ghost was eaten.

not sure how thats wrong???

Guest Gorskar

because it has already showed the score for eating the ghost, and then disappeared. You then eat the fruit. The score for eating the ghost REappears a 2nd time for a second (at the point where the ghost was eaten). Surely this is not meant to happen??

I really need some feedback on the new ghost behaviour

I've had a report from Dade that it's not as good as before, and I tend to agree, but will hold changing back (if I can - as lots of code has changed around the behaviour code that may have affected it) until I get some feedback...

at least for a few hours anyway :lol:

muff

Guest Flash

Muff,

Don't know if it's me or not, but playing the new version (V0.10a), ALL the ghosts seem a damn sight smarter! They've now worked out how to trap you in a corner! They appear to be working in a group, as opposed to having individual characteristics ;-)

Of course it could just be me being crap ;-)

Flash

Guest jaknife2000

Hi ya Muff,

I appear to have gained my installing then running issue again with version 0.10a

Install the app, check my ram (Task Manager), over 5mb free.

Run the app, and bang, pops back to my home page.

Reboot the phone, and it all works.

Strange.

VERY pleased the pause is in there now tho. :-)

jaknife2000:

I have no idea what is causing this, all I can say is that it does happen on these phones from time to time (they dont appear to manage their memory very well)

I really doubt that it is SPVman, as I install it to my phone far more times than anyone else out there, as you guys only see the public releases, and I do loads of test versions between public versions

also, if it was a problem specific to SPVman, I think more people would have mentioned it

sorry, but I think it's just one of those things

muff