MoDaCo Summer Event 2003 - 30th August 2003 - Full Details!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Simon Desser
"]Will, myself and a friend are now booked in the 'Birmingham City Centre' Holiday Inn, at £39.60 per night, booked at http://www.holidayinn.co.uk/  

It's safe to say there will be much drinking and merriment around there later, so feel free to join us guys!

P

Paul, is it the City Centre Holiday Inn at Smallbrook, or the City Centre Holiday Inn Express on Lional Street?

Cheers

Simon

Guest Gorskar

The City Centre one at Smallbrook - Just be careful to check your confirmation details carefully - I booked a room for Saturday night at £39.60, which magically changed into Thursday night at £71.28 after I confirmed my details, and you are unable to change the booking on the website.

Fortunately a quick call to the hotel got it sorted out.

"]There won't be merchandise and accessories for sale i'm afraid.

Car stickers will be given away, as will other goodies, so you won't go home empty handed.

There'll be a raffle for charity, but i'll be sending out further details this evening...

P

cant wait for my car sticker! :wink:

Paul, even if no accessories actually for sale, any chance of someone bringing keyboard, car kit cases etc for us to look over, with a view to buying later. Most of us havnt actually seen them.

Tony

Guest Paul [MVP]

I'll probably have my keyboard, minisync, bluetooth headset, and pretty much every app available loaded on to my phone, so you should be able to see most things :)

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

My Compal is away being repaired atm, so I won't bring that, could bring my XDA, 3650 etc. etc., but how many gadgets do you REALLY need? ;-)

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

The following email is being sent to all event attendees.

If you would like to come and have not registered, spaces are still available... :-)

P

Hiya!

You are receiving this message because you are registered to attend the MoDaCo Event this Saturday.

Firstly, if you are no longer able to attend, please let us know!

I'm writing to confirm details of the event, and to give you a clue what is going to be happening :)

The venue for this event is Orange Studios, in Birmingham, full details about which can be found at www.orangestudio.co.uk.

The event runs on Saturday (30th August), from 14.00 to 18.00. Orange Studio is located at Cannon Street, Birmingham. B2 5EP. The venue is very close to New Street Station, so if you would like to travel by train, this is very convenient, else there are car parks in the area, although not at the venue itself.

A number of members are staying over in Birmingham on Saturday night, including myself, and we will be staying at the 'Birmingham City Centre Holiday Inn'. This can be booked for a bargain £39.60 per night at http://www.holidayinn.co.uk

I don't want to give too much away about what will be happening, but suffice to say, entry is free, there will be food and drink provided, there will be giveaways and there will be competitions. Don't worry though, there will be plenty of time to mingle with your fellow members too ;)

The brand new MoDaCo Car Stickers will be available at the event, together with a fantastic new benefit for Plus Members... but i'll keep you in suspense :D

As is traditional at MoDaCo Events, we will be raffling a handset for Charity - this time we have an Orange SPV E-100 up for grabs, kindly donated by Orange. Raffle tickets will be available at £10 per strip - with all proceeds going to St Catherine's Hospice - so bring some cash ;-)

Finally, for those of you who are not already MoDaCo Plus members but would like to join, you will be able to purchase MoDaCo Plus memberships at the event for £24 by coming and finding me... look for my name badge  ;-)

Look forward to seeing you all Saturday...

Paul

Guest dshaugney

Heya peepz,

I've been up there today to have a look. Pretty snazzy place up there I tell you that. As you come in head up to the top floor via the stairs. They're setting up chairs and a big screen (when I was there they were) so it looks like some sort of a presentation I think.

For those seeking to explore birmingham's nightlife I'll get a you map with a nice suggested route to take to visit the best places - for those from outta town. I will not be attending myself, but I wish you all the best of luck and plenty of fun.

Guest dshaugney

Don't know about a guide but I will suggest a few places you will find if you follow this map.

Firstly notice it starts from the Holiday Inn hotel and you can just barely see the Orange studio somewhere there on cannon street.

The first stop is the Mail Box, built in a beautiful water canal area Brindley Place. Go through the main shopping area and you will reach the restaurants and bars. Have a some grub and a nice pint. Beautiful place, beautiful scenery, great local talent (know-what-i-mean? he he). Once you're done you fill find a bridge leading over tha canal to a road heading to Broad Street (da main night life area). On Broad street you can visit any place that appeals to you. Personally I recommend Riza Bar, Revolution Vodka Bar and a MUST to finish off the night The Works (one of the largest nightclubs in UK) at the very top of broad street. I would avoid any clubs around the queen's way road...they are mostly gay bars...unless you're into that kinda thing - then i appologise.

Another recommendation is the Arcadian/China Town but that is the opposite way from broad street. Also near the Holiday Inn; as you come out of the doors go right and cross the lights. Continue in that direction till you see Hippodrome theatre on your right. The entrance to the Arcadian is opposite the Hippodrome, by the Green Room bar. Check it out, nice scenery and good local talent.

Guest nickcornaglia

Somebody better provide full details of the event as well as post-event color commentary in Off-Topic.

I would have loved to go, but I can't swim!

Keep us posted!

Guest atonks

For those people coming from outside Birmingham for the "Event", I'm sure you'll find us Brummies very friendly and hospitable. But you should do a bit of homework in preparation for your visit to our great and diverse city. I suggest you go to this site and take a few minutes to practice. It may be worth printing, so you can carry it with you as a sort of pocket translator :wink:

See you tomorrow. I'll be the one Yo cor understand.

Only found out about this site like 3 days ago from Orange CR, :) so too short notice for me!

Although im only like 2.5hours away could probably still make it?

How often are these events?

Guest Paul [MVP]

When I get round to organising them :-)

3 a year would probably be the target...

If you want to come, it's not too late, drop a mail as detailed in the first post...

P

Guest dogbomb

I'll be there at around 12:30. Then I will look for a pub to start drinking.

If anyone wants to find me, I'll be the one sitting alone with my drink in one hand, SPV in the other... playing games.

Oh. And I don't have red hair. Its black. And purple.

right.. i am propper drunk already.... so you lot are going to have to put up with me in a drunken hung over state...

hee hee! shamone!

Posted from my SmartPhone!