Mitac Mio 8380 coming to Europe

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Vector

Hmm, since i am not a big fan of flip phones, i am not keen on this phone :)

BUT, if there aren't any better phones out i would probably buy this one.....

Guest pat2000

From one chinese forum www.sogi.com.tw, someone called Mr. Luk(he said he is a engineer from Mitac) said that the upgrade for application unlock are still testing, it will be released soon. I check this forum frequently for any information about the application unlock. Any update I will post it ASAP!

Guest The PocketTV Team

Another good news: We just received an email from an engineer at Mitac who acknowleged that there is indeed a problem with the Mitac Mio 8380 (i.e. some properly signed applications fail to install on the Mio).

They said that Mitac contacted Microsoft about this problem and they are looking for a solution.

So basically they are fully aware of the issue and they are working on it.

Guest Terwin
From one chinese forum www.sogi.com.tw, someone called Mr. Luk(he said he is a engineer from Mitac) said that the upgrade for application unlock are still testing, it will be released soon. I check this forum frequently for any information about the application unlock. Any update I will post it ASAP!

Great news imho :) I look forward to seeing this released.

Guest Lifestream

The processor in mio 8380 is a pxa262 (That is a module that contains 2 intel strataflash chips and a PXA255 processor), so you can call it what you want... but pxa262 makes it smaller..

Guest The PocketTV Team
The processor in mio 8380 is a pxa262 (That is a module that contains 2 intel strataflash chips and a PXA255 processor), so you can call it what you want... but pxa262 makes it smaller..

According to an engineer from Mitac, the Mio 8380 uses the PXA255 processor.

The PXA262 will be used in future Mitac products.

Guest hellboundpeanut

hmm , that phone aint for me, eugh... ill just wait for a non flip smartphone which is as good / better than the Mitac. I had a T100 once... long ago .. *dreamy eyed* and never again for a flip .

HbP

Guest The PocketTV Team

More information about the Mio firmware bug that prevents some applications from installing:

It would seem that the problem is unrelated to signatures and certificates, since it also affects "unlocked" Mio devices.

This information was reported by someone using an *unlocked* Mio and also having trouble installing some applications (e.g. PocketTV Classic).

We will forward this information to Mitac engineers.

Guest Leonard@HK

Mitac Mio 8380 is now being sold at HK$3780 (US$485) in Hong Kong. This is really a cool device. I can check emails, get connected to the internet, read e-books, listen to MP3 songs, play midi files, take photos and take movies in one single device.

COOOOOL....

Leonard@HK

Mitac Smartphone 8380

Guest sabio_proeliat

The phone is really great!

I just got one from HK (I live in Sweden by the way)

But the charger isn't right so I need to take care of that problem!

Guest Leonard@HK
How do you get your photos taken with the Mitac to look so good

You may try to take scenaric pictures. Portrait pictures taken are usually not that good.

:)

Guest aiwapro

You may try to take scenaric pictures. Portrait pictures taken are usually not that good.

:)

How do take scenaric pictures? Do I just turn the phone sideways?

Guest victor_RUS

I suggest to rename this post:

Mio 8380 is dead, long live Mio 8390! As Mio 8380 will never come to Europe, will never be upgraded to Wndows 2003. Finally, Mitac stopped manufacturing Mio 8380.

Guest victornikela
I suggest to rename this post:

Mio 8380 is dead, long live Mio 8390! As Mio 8380 will never come to Europe, will never be upgraded to Wndows 2003. Finally, Mitac stopped manufacturing Mio 8380.

Victor

Are you sure the 8390 is even a Windows powered Smartphone? Some reports have suggested otherwise.

Does anyone know where I can buy a Mitac 8380 without the Chinese characters on it's keys?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.