SPV replaced by E-100 under Care Cover

Guest SeeJ

Guest neilfenstein

Thats cos every one is sending back their broken phones and they are getting refurbished.

My brother has just ordered an e100 do they come with cameras then o ris it just cos you guys have benn sent replacements?

Guest Rob.P

I decided to phone back and say that I can't do without my phone cause I'm a business user and it's really unacceptable for me to be without a phone for more than 5 minutes and what am I paying insurance for. A replacement will be with me tomorrow morning, but I think it will be a normal SPV. Not bothered to much at least I can get rid of the phone with the dust. (Thanks Morpheus :) )

Is the phone freezing on the sunset screen a recognised problem? Mine is stuck on it and apparently it has to go back to tech support :/

Guest Jasonkruys

amo mine was like that on monday. After a couple of days tech support will get back to orange and tell them to replace your phone. Mine is coming tomorrow. Bit peeved I had to wait two days. Got to the end of his on-screen prompts and he said, that's it, it doesnt tell me to do anything, I will have to forward it to tech support.

Like I said, mine is coming tomorrow. Unless you gave them another contact number they will ring your mobile to tell you. Think I am getting a normal spv as replacement :)

Guest Gorskar

I just gave it a try, and was told that I wouldn't get a replacement as dust under the screen was "cosmetic".

Oh well....

Not much point trying someone else if they are replacing with SPV originals again anyway.

Guest MARKUKCOUK

just got a replacement handset ordered and its an SPV.

great bloke who got my call, seemed to know what he was talking about (spv owner) and didnt try and take me through diag.'s/

he also said if i had called yesterday i would have got a SPV E100 :D:(:D but they are back in stock now. oh well, the phone had it anyway so i needed a new one.

also gave him the modaco address paul ;) seemed very interested in visiting too :)

Guest mcwarre

Mark,

Same here, getting a SPV as a replacement (4th one!). It sticks in Orange Splashscreen and I know how to make it happen again....

When are SPVs out of stock again??????????????

Guest Paul [MVP]

Less talk of fraud please!

SPV e100s are being shipped out in place of SPVs for a temporarily period due to stock issues...

On your head be it if you return a phone that isn't faulty, or has been sabotaged!

P

Guest MARKUKCOUK

hey hey paul :) no fraud here - my phone is f**ked! hehe

i would of liked a E100, but hey, im happy with a new SPV.

and ill get a E100 from winning one from modaco ;) maybe lol

sorry if you thought anything ive said was fraudulent.

Guest mcwarre

P,

Same here. My phone is k**ckered with a capital K. Tried to get an E-100 as this is now my 4th (or 5th) phone, all of which have had problems, not from my carlessness I hasten to add. OCS had a look at my account and said that they would have given me an E-100 if I had spent more with them!!!

Have to say Paul that I was only wondering if it's a fault inherent in the design or if it's just mcwarre's current handset that exhibits the fault. From his response above, I take it it's just his handset.

I'm a tad gutted at having missed out on the E100 replacements though as it would appear that the bit of the SPV that detects the write protection tab on an SD card has stopped working (on Tuesday night) :D Well, that's my diagnosis of it anyway :) But as O CS haven't seen this problem before they've had to refer if to the tech. support team - if only they operated a 2 hour response......

Oh well, I'll just be glad to get a reply from them and a new SPV that'll allow me to write new files to my SD card - these MP3 tracks are starting to get a bit tedious now ;))

Hax

Guest morpheus2702

HAH!!! So much for my E-100 arriving this evening

Gets to 10pm and no replacement - give CS a call - appears that the replacement had been cancelled and they hadn't let me know. And yes, because they have SPVs back in stock.

After I explained that they had wasted my entire evening, had neglected to inform me and were now trying to renage on an offer made this morning, replacing my dust-laden SPV with a E-100 was the least they could do.

E-100 supposedly out for delivery Sunday, but I'm not holding my breath. :roll:

Guest mcwarre
Blimey - do they actually deliver on Sundays?

Hax

Yeah,

To be fair they seem to have the best care (most flexible) of any of the networks. From various posts here thay also seem to be extremely better than reseller specific insurance. Try searching for carphone warehouse insurance.

And all for £60 per year! Still cheaper than a new sim-free SPV by far.

Guest morpheus2702

Well apparently so - it was a choice of Saturday night, 6-10pm or Sunday 9-1pm.

I wasn't going to f*** my Saturday night up too!

Agreed - O care does seem to offer a service far better than any of the competition, bu it must cost them a fortune to get a courier to deliver on a Sunday - unless they have their own....

Hax

They deliver 365 days a year! I know one of the couriers and he loves delivering on new years day cos he gets like £50 per delivery/pickup.

[EDIT] And well said Paul![/EDIT]

Guest Rob.P

Gorskar,

I phoned up with same problem, I've had it since last replacement about 1-2 months ago. What with all this talk thought I'd give it a shot, in the end didn't care what version of the SPV they were gonna deliver, just wanted a replacement. They said to phone a service centre, I said that's no good as they want the phone for a few days and I can't be without my phone, so a new SPV was sent out tne next day with mush to my delight, no dust.

Guest shooms

1stly as a relative newbie to this forum & also the coolsmartphone.com site can I say a BIG thanks & a hooooge big up to the admin/site owners for the time & info/software that is being shared :o :P :(

Secondly - like a dickhead I trod on me fone at the w/e :lol: now got screen bleed over more than half of the surface - gutted. I did have a call in with Orange already because ever since I had my SPV (3 months) I had probs with not getting access to power management to change backlight settings.... (in the end they said it was a feature of the new rom s/w as power management was restricted to save battery life - wtf ? anyone else confirm this or how to get round this ?).... however - didnt mention my screen issue & signed up for covercare for a fiver a month.... I know I am covered immediately but what is a non-suss amount of time to leave before ringing up to claim a new fone ? lol.

Also - v interested in the possibility of getting an e100 instead of spv lol :) anyone know the state of play with spv stock ? cheers. :lol:

Guest marksewell

GUys ! Before you send your phone back because its getting stuck on the sunset screen do a hard reset it will save you all the trouble of sending it back.

The instructions for this are on www.coolcmartphone.com.

From mem if you turn the phone off disconect the battery then reconnect.

Hold down the record button and switch the phone on, this lets you into the service menu, from there you press the action buttion as soon as you see it and ten number 8 on the menu. sorry this is a bit vage but it was ages ago I did this, Message me if your having problems and ill dig out the instructions !

Good luck with getting your new E100's guys.... I wish I could keep my phone but upgrade the screen, that would be perfect !

seeya

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pizdyetz77

Any idea on the current state of SPV stock just now - 15th August

My Memory Card won't stay in place so obviously I'm hoping for an E100 instead.

If anyone knows let me know

Thanks

GH