unlocking e100

Guest tomdbomb61

Guest tomdbomb61

no luck dun a hard reset

erase ispm , takes liek 2 seconds for it to do that?

tried the update agian, still not working

i dotn have broadband only isdn. why is that?

thanks tom

Guest jolabigstar

I've had the same problem as you....my spv was freezed at the orange sunset screen. the only thing you need is being patient, because to resolve the problem, you have to take off the battery for 3-4 hours (rather a whole night to be sure) and then to replace it....your phone will boot again!

NP

note: sorry for my bad english ;-p ...

Guest tomdbomb61

hey thanks for the advice ill give it ago tonight, if your right your a superstar of modaco! and have just saved my life lol

ill let you know in the monrin how it goes!!!

tom

Guest tomdbomb61

no luck with removing the battery over night.

just ran the unlock program it it worked retrieved my unlock code.

shame the phone just wont boot up!!!

tom

Guest jolabigstar

But have you tried to simply turn on the phone after the night (without putting it on the usb support)? Because you are speaking of running the unlock program...

If you did so i'm sorry but I can't help you anymore.....it worked for me while I was having no more hope...

If not try again as I told you...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vijay555

Dear God >phew, wiping brow:(

Redid this about 6 times.

Redid this will Orange 1.35

Redid this will SAP 1.37 (?)

Failed with SAP 1.5

Read this thread, pooed myself and prepared to call orange to replace 2 week old e100.

Then reinstalled 0.93

Cleared IPSM

Installed IMATE 1.5

It worked! Phone tinkee tinked, and booted (WHY NO T9!?)

Anyway, about to try and re-install 1.35.

Hey people, if it aint't broke, why not bugger about with it until it is?!

Sigh, all i wanted to do was back up my IPSM >boo hoo<

But tomdbomb61 et al, at least you won't have to send it back to orange (unless you already have..)

Lv and best wishes,

V

Guest Frazzyscot

Hi, just wanting to check a few things as I'm getting a little scared reading through this thread.

I'm getting a new SPV e100 later today and want to sim unlock it, if I run the orange update from mono's site (is this done through the 3 colour screen or just normally) that will download my bootloader to .98 and then I can run the unlock program. Does this work or is the normal thing that happens what tomdbomb is experiencing and it doesn't boot after the downgrade.

If so can anyone give me a link that works to the bootloader 0.98 which I can winhex onto an SD card, is this the recommended way of unlocking an SPV e100?

Thanks, hope someone can help

Guest awarner [MVP]

What tom was experiencing is not normal just unlucky.

The update can be run form either the Canary or the normal screen but I would suggest you use the canary.

At the end of the day only downgrade if you are sure you know what you are doing and follow the instructions

to the letter.

Remember don't panic and switch the phone off.

Guest Frazzyscot

Just to tell you, most tomdbomb, I downgraded to 1.35 to get the unlock code but got the dreaded sunset screen all the time. Installed the Swiss 1.5 update and it came back to life. You should give that a try