Hello newb here, want one bit of advice on my new phone

Guest e100spv

Guest Ouiji

Hi..it definetly is a great site. I hopei could find the help i need in here. Actually im a new user of imate pocket pc. Ive been working with palm for very long.. and now i have imate. Im trying to copy all my contacts from the palm to the imate pocket pc. But im totally giving up. I have sooo many contacts on the palm and i dont want to have to write down each and everyone of them again. Is there anyway you could help me to transfer contacts rom the palm to the imate pocket PC.

Ineed to know urgently ASAP.

please help

Thanks

hi,

great site, i recently ordered an spv e-100 which should be here by the end of this week. everywhere ive searched for spv this site returns in the results. had a look around and used the <a href=http://smartphone.modaco.com/search.php>Search</a> for a lot of immediate questions i had about the phone  and found out all the answers. 

This topic is more general though. im aware that the early spv's had a lot of issues with software/firmware. i can see there are plenty of seasoned smartphone users on here so i wanted  to ask, if theres one piece of advice youd give on owning /using a smartphone  what would it be ..?

also is there a usenet binaries group for smartphone software?

Guest Disco Stu

Ouiji, welcome to the site :D

You are posting in the wrong forum for Pocket PC questions :lol:

There is a MoDaCo forum for Pocket PC though.

Go to the front page and click on the "Phone Edition" link at the top right.

They will be able to help you in there :D

• 2 months later...
Guest linseyja

Yeah. I had the older version of the SPV. The one mistake I made was to download loads of games & stuff, storing them all to the phone. BIG mistake! This obviously took up all my memory, slowing it right down.

I've now upgraded to an SPV E200. This time I'm saving everything I can to the storage card. Games, photos, the lot!

• 1 month later...

i just bought vodafone new sim card on pay as u talk,but am unable to use picture message, i have tried almost everything i have too, but still no gprs signal on my phone. my mobile phone is sagem my-x6, please help me if u can.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :P

It's better to create a new post than use this one :D

For your problem though, have a look in the GPRS settings

repository in the Articles section as it includes MMS settings but

also check with Vodaphone that you have MMS enabled on your

account.

Also this site is disigned for Windows powered Smartphones.

Good luck with your problem ^_^

• 1 month later...
Guest dirge69

So i got my New C500 wicked phone.. yet im having a few problems.. wonder if anyof you guys can help..

Whats teh screnn rez on teh phone.. i think its 180 high.. dunno about width.. ??

I have now got teh answer phone logo in the top corner.. and cant seem to shift it.

How do i go about unlocking the svp c500 to install new apps.. i read teh orange guide, and it was talking about windows ce tools.. which i dont have .

is it tru eyou have to pay to have teh sim unlock done n the c500.. as on teh e100 and 200 it could be done for free..

i would apreciate any feed back i get from you guys..

thanks again..

Guest Johnny Yen

Welcome to the site mate :D

1. Screen size is 176x220

2. Call up answerphone again, read messages, delete and then wait till symbol goes before hanging up. Problem is caused by hanging up too quickly.

3. For software unlocking go here -> OTA :lol:

• 2 months later...
Guest Acrimone

Hi, names marcus

I have recently purchased the motorola Mpx220(Great Phone),, havnt had any problems with it besides, i cant get the outlook to forward my hotmail to my phone,

When i go to the folder list it has

Outlook Today[Archived Folders]

Hotmail

Personal Folders

All my mail goes to Hotmail folder i want it to be forwarded to my phone but i cant seem to find that option can please some help me setup my phone correctly

Another problem i have is, what is a good setting for uploading music to my phone, right now i just been uploading the mp3's directly to the phone without any modifications to it, is converting the files to wave better or is there a preferd setting for the sound quilities tot he files

Thanks for the future help

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ciudatelu

Any ideeas on how to bring the applications i use most frequently on the first page of the "start" menu?? Thx

(on the SPV C500)

Edited by ciudatelu

Hi,

I' m planning to buy a Spv c500 and I want to be able to use it in a country were Orange is not present. What I have to do for this? Do I have to de-cert, or I have to load a new os (from i-mate SP3, for example) if is possible.

Please Help me with this..

Thanks

Guest Disco Stu
Hi,

I' m planning to buy a Spv c500 and I want to be able to use it in a country were Orange is not present. What I have to do for this? Do I have to de-cert, or I have to load a new os (from i-mate SP3, for example) if is possible.

Please Help me with this..

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Squall's Quick Links