MAD at SMART Philippines

Guest tyrone_q

Guest ppcsurfr

Ey ppcsurfr! You still think I asked the wrong questions?!! I am sorry but I really did not like the way you phrased it.

Trained or not, the persons I spoke with said they had to ask their I.T. personnel for confirmation about this... I waited then they came out with the answer... I really wish their I.T. personnel are fully trained!! Maybe they misunderstood what their I.T. people told them..

Ey dinoalbert! The ball will start rolling tomorrow...

Take care guys!

Sorry about that... You may have asked the right questions... but I'm not sure if you specified CSD or Circuit Switched Data... which is what they call Dial-Up connectivity for GSM phones.

The guy who answered you may not have been briefed at that though...

So if you asked how you may be charged if you were to call up an ISP... then they might have thought that it would go through voice channels instead of the fax/data channels. If you said CSD, and they confirmed that the call will go through CSD, then they're in big trouble because the service is specified.

Just to calrify things...

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Guest tyrone_q

I think explained it simple enough.. I am a technical person and I know the persons I was speaking with are not. For this reason, I did not use any technical terms. I explained it in very simple terms.. all details provided...

well... all's in the past now.. I just have to wait for the results of my complaint.. I really wish they would fix the way provide support and information..

anyways, thanks peeps!

Guest jabez

Hi People!

I deliberately lowered my credit limit for this line (my second) because I gave the phone as a gift to my teenage sister.

Yes, I have proof of payment - an OR from SMART when I got the phone during their Addict Mobile launch in Subic. As an additional proof, I have my credit card bill and payment slip.

My point is ... they made the mistake in not posting this payment ... why is it that we are the ones who suffer. My sister has no problem with the low credit limit ... but the phone has been redirected about three times since May ... I am here in the States so I have to enlist another sister to fix the problem (with SMART) who is also having problems with her own Addict Mobile line. The last time they e-mailed me ... I was told that my personal line which I left with my son was also redirected.

Di ba medyo nakakabaliw na 'to??????? :x

Guest jabez

Hi People!

I deliberately lowered my credit limit for this line (my second) because I gave the phone as a gift to my teenage sister.

Yes, I have proof of payment - an OR from SMART when I got the phone during their Addict Mobile launch in Subic. As an additional proof, I have my credit card bill and payment slip.

My point is ... they made the mistake in not posting this payment ... why is it that we are the ones who suffer. My sister has no problem with the low credit limit ... but the phone has been redirected about three times since May ... I am here in the States so I have to enlist another sister to fix the problem (with SMART) who is also having problems with her own Addict Mobile line. The last time they e-mailed me ... I was told that my personal line which I left with my son was also redirected.

Di ba medyo nakakabaliw na 'to??????? :x

well if its of any consolation, I think Globe's CS sucks too. big time.

they're so eager to cut people off who haven't paid their backlogged bills (wala pang 2 months ssa billing cycle, putol kaagad), tapos aangasin pa ako ng CSR nila...

I went yesterday to Smart Megamall to have my smartphone software repaired (tried to downgrade to 1.37 ROM from 1.04 w/o an sd/mmc card). Lo and Behold, they now have a dedicated sale rep for the smartphone. I ask him abouth the smartphone w/o telling him that I was already an owner and, hold your breathe, he really knows something about the smartphone. Anyway, they were able to fix my problem in less than 30 minutes although they still don't have any accessories.

Guest binky_p
I went yesterday to Smart Megamall to have my smartphone software repaired (tried to downgrade to 1.37 ROM from 1.04 w/o an sd/mmc card). Lo and Behold, they now have a dedicated sale rep for the smartphone. I ask him abouth the smartphone w/o telling him that I was already an owner and, hold your breathe, he really knows something about the smartphone. Anyway, they were able to fix my problem in less than 30 minutes although they still don't have any accessories.

good to note that Smart now have a sales rep dedicated to our smartphone...this is what we need from them...but i get almost all of my querries answered better here at modaco...cheers to all modaco members.. :)

Guest dinoalbert
can anyone suggest site where I can download free games for my smartphone?

@orion, welcome to Modaco!

I suggest we post/ask questions in the appropriate thread.....this thread is about Mad at Smart Phils and its irrelevant to ask about free software sites :wink:

cheers...

Guest rodnav

Well this post really belongs on this thread because I'M FUMING MAD AT SMART!!!

I haven't received my bills from smart for the past 2 months and suddenly i can make any calls anymore. It was working fine this afternoon. but around 10 pm, i found i could no longer make any calls or send any messages. I checked my balance over the phone last week and it was 1500 pesos. half of my credit limit. now i checked again it was 3004 pesos. I guess i went over my credit limit so i wanted to increase my credit limit but i can't make calls even to *888!!!!!

I got my Addict Mobile plan last May and their bills never came back on time, last july i went to Smart Wireless center Podium and inquired about my bill, and i paid for it then and there. but i still hadn't received my itemized bill yet from them. It arrived a week after I've paid my bill. NOW, the bills still haven't arrived and i've been cut off! I want to my itemized billing before i pay. Even when i was in Podium, i asked for a copy but they said their system was off line!!!!

Damn it. I hate this. Good thing i still have my Globle line. I'm seriously thinking of "openlining" my SAP!

One more thing, they had this Smart money when i got my Addict Mobile and I paid 200 bucks to have it personalized. That was back in May and it's almost September and the Fuc**** card still hasn't arrived!!!!! They said it would arrive after 2 weeks when i paid for it!!!!!!

When i try to make a call on my SAP, it says all circuits are busy now!!!!! They did this in the evening!!! And i can't FUC**** get a CSR on 888-1111!!! This is mighty inconvenient for me as i am a doctor, i can't make calls i need to make on my smart!!!!! And i'm only available to go to their service centers on weekends!!!!

DAMN SMART!!!!

Sorry for the expletives, i am really mad, i'll probably edit when i've cooled but then again, I"M STILL FUC**** MAD

Guest binky_p

take it easy rodnav....sometimes (well, most of the times) we get what we don't deserve from smart (and globe too)...like billings, circuits, requests etc...we just have to take them in strides ...have a good day!!! :)

Guest tyrone_q

hi guys!

well... there isn't much progress yet... we are still waiting for a response from smart... we are still getting the same run around...

I was really better off when I had a Globe line... never had a problem with their customer service... never really had to call them that much because I did not encounter any problems with their billing and stuff...

Guest ppcsurfr
Sorry for the expletives, i am really mad, i'll probably edit when i've cooled but then again, I"M STILL FUC**** MAD

We get the idea... if you do get intouch with any Customer Care Officer, maybe you ca ask them if they have the correct billing address... sometimes simple foulups like these can turn everything into a nightmare.

Also, you might want to go to the SMART website ad register there so that you can see your bill online.

As for your SMART Money, I think you have to get in touch with the guys at SMART Money and not the guys at the SMART...

Try calling SMART Money Customer service at 845-7777.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Also, you might want to go to the SMART website ad register there so that you can see your bill online.

Hi Carlo!

I tried to register my account with SMART online before I left the Philippines. I was told that they are not yet handling my type of accounts (Gold and Addict Mobile). Are they doing it now?

Mabuhay

Guest rodnav

i've cooled down some. i went to Smart Wireless Center SM north yesterday and straightened out the bill. at least the CSR's there were nice enough. the only downside was i was really late in getting to the hospital.

@ Sir Carlo,

i registered on smart online after i ranted at smart on the post. i tried to register sometime ago but addictmobile accounts weren't supported yet. now it is. and i've called smart money and they said they'll send a replacement card... in 2-3 weeks again...

@grifter and jabez,

you're both right on smart online

@binky_p

kapampangan ka rin di ba? i guess my kapampangan half showed when i blew my fuse

hope tyrone works out his problem with smart

• 4 months later...
Guest timothy

I'd say make audio recordings of every customer care call you make to SMART and keep evidence on everything they tell you, especially in matters related to billing.

These guys give out mis-information all the time and who pays for it?

• 3 months later...
Guest mortenharkett722

I was robbed last sunday and took my phone. Eh postpaid yun sim kya pinbar ko muna ang outgoing access. Yesterday, nagpapalit ako ng sim card sa wireless center legazpi (yun ang pinakamalapit dito samin the next one is 200 kilometers away). The attendant there told me that they do not have the replacement sim available that is compatible with the "918-series" so I was left with no choice but to have my number changed also. I was charged for the replacement sim and the changing of number.

Ang swapang ng smart. Dapat la ng charge for the changing of number dahil kasalanan naman nila ksi la silang stock. The hassle and the expense of having to inform all my contacts of my new number are added burden. Tsk tsk tsk... ok lang ang smart pag magpifill up ka pa lng ng form para mag subscribe.

mortenharkett,

the same thing happened to me when my late 7650 was stolen.wala daw silang replacement sim that can retain my number.i was opted to change numbers pero hindi ako pumayag.nag-irate ako sa manager ng wireless center sa makati.nung nagalit ako,bigla silang nagkaroon.paying for the replacement sim is understandable but being forced to change numbers is so damn unreasonable.dapat hindi ka pumayag.sindakan lang naman yan,eh.they'll push you as far as they can hangga't makakalusot sila.

Guest mortenharkett722

Mukhang nilalagay nila sa alanganin ang mga subscribers nila para lang kumita. Di pa ba sapat yung milyon-milyon at pati ang tag 330 pinapatulan pa? At isa pa: the girl I talked with said that my line would be reactivated anytime within 24 hours. It is almost 48 hours and I still cannot use the new number. Baka di ko narinig mabuti bka within 24 weeks!

Guest kapitan jackal

go to dti (may website sila)

file a complaint.

then fax it to smart VP for customer service.

IF YOU WANT TO WIN, YOU HAVE TO MAKE SOME DRASTIC MOVES :wink: