LED Flasher

Guest midnight

Guest DanishBacon
Just been playing about with PHM registry editor, trying to get this flasher mod to behave the way I want. These are the registry keys I've been changing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsClock

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsE-mail

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsReminder

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsSMS

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsVoiceMail

Change to 'values', and look at the 'Script' value data. Example:

apv0f1w999999f0

which I think breaks down into:

ap = alarm play?

v0 = seems to enable the vibrate. remove v0, and the vibrate stops.

f1 = fast flashing once per second

w999999 = wait for 999999 (seconds?), then

f0 = revert to normal 3 second flash.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone know how to change the led to permanently on instead of blinking (after receiving a call/sms)? (or perhaps make it blink every half second)

Regards,

DanishBacon

Edited by DanishBacon

Guest RobertMillar

I tried it on my Qtek 8010. It makes the rinnger ring every second with incoming calls. When I stopped laughing I uninstalled it, but thanks anyway. It is a good, "serious user" idea that I would buy when it is working properly.

Guest loki666

I have a Mpx220 and this would be GREAT for my phone as this model does not have any reminders of missed calls or test or voice.

The current verison that Mid has placed on here does not work.

I'll be checking back to see on updates.

:-"

Guest Borrell

About LED flashing and the MPX220

As there is no LED on the MPX220 it's pretty simple that there's nothing to work with there...

BUT - There sure is a digital camera with a flash in the phone...

Would it be possbile somehow to access and control the external flash on the outside of the MPX220, and make that blink when receiving a SMS or a call...

There must be some programmer out there who can make this happen...?

• 2 months later...
Guest jimpilot

I am not very smart on this but came across this topic in my search for my Samsung I600 to do something to tell me I had a missed call. Will this cab work on an i600 with 2003 windows mobile?

Guest u_trip

aye lad, you done good there.

i have wanted something like this since i got my C500, it should come with it anyway!!

how does it work? i you don't mind spilling.....

Guest extravagant
I tried it on my Qtek 8010. It makes the rinnger ring every second with incoming calls. When I stopped laughing I uninstalled it, but thanks anyway. It is a good, "serious user" idea that I would buy when it is working properly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same problem, just installed it.. LED functions as before and the ringer goes nuts!

• 1 month later...
Guest mkent_barbados
same problem, just installed it.. LED functions as before and the ringer goes nuts!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Umm...help please! Have played with these settings so much I don't know what was in my registry before...and right now I just want to put it back! Get problems with my calendar plugin not changing after led starts fast blinking, and key presses don't sort it out. THanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest rinclair
Just been playing about with PHM registry editor, trying to get this flasher mod to behave the way I want. These are the registry keys I've been changing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsClock

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsE-mail

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsReminder

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsSMS

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsVoiceMail

Change to 'values', and look at the 'Script' value data. Example:

apv0f1w999999f0

which I think breaks down into:

ap = alarm play?

v0 = seems to enable the vibrate. remove v0, and the vibrate stops.

f1 = fast flashing once per second

w999999 = wait for 999999 (seconds?), then

f0 = revert to normal 3 second flash.

I changed all mine to apf1w600f0, which seems to give me 10 minutes of fast flashing led, no vibrate, then revert to 3 second flashing.

Hope this helps,

:P

;) Dear I am new and have bought MOTO MPx220, as I am a camera engineer I have habit of opening whatever I buy and I an LED inside below * Button and I think it is for Signal Presence Indicator, but it does not glow any time. can you pl guide me glow it as signal indicator, if you have gone through any other Win 2003 Mobile and know it please. Also sorry but which LED flasher you are talking about in this forum ?

Guest rinclair
As mentioned in other threads, and as used in my very own Alien Invention homescreen, it is possible to flash the led on alerts etc.

So, here is a seperate cab file for those who do not wish to install the Alien Invention homescreen.

What this does:

It changes certain reg values to allow for a constant flashing LED that flashes every one second warn users of Incoming call, Email, Sms, Vmail, Reminder and Alarm Clock. To cancel the one second flash simply press any key and it will revert back to the usual flash every 3 seconds. This is particularly hand if you have the backlight off as you will instantly know that you have missed an sms/email/reminder etc before you even turn the display on.

Note: currently if you change sound settings (and possibly profiles) it will revert back to normal, i'm working on the fix for this today. But for now youcould change the CAB to read only (right mouse on file, properties>read only) and when it installs on the phone the cab will remain, allowing you to install again if you edit your sounds etc.

Dear I am new and have bought MOTO MPx220, as I am a camera engineer I have habit of opening whatever I buy and I an LED inside below * Button and I think it is for Signal Presence Indicator, but it does not glow any time. can you pl guide me glow it as signal indicator, if you have gone through any other Win 2003 Mobile and know it please. Also sorry but which LED flasher you are talking about in this forum ?

Guest rinclair
i'll have a look at this over the coming days, and hopefully soon be getting an mpx200, so i'll have a look at what tweaks are available for that :P

Dear I am new and have bought MOTO MPx220, as I am a camera engineer I have habit of opening whatever I buy and I found ;) an LED inside below * Button and I think it is for Signal Presence Indicator, but it does not glow any time. can you pl guide me glow it as signal indicator, if you have gone through any other Win 2003 Mobile and know it please. Also sorry but which LED flasher you are talking about in this forum ?

Guest rinclair
About LED flashing and the MPX220

As there is no LED on the MPX220 it's pretty simple that there's nothing to work with there...

BUT - There sure is a digital camera with a flash in the phone...

Would it be possbile somehow to access and control the external flash on the outside of the MPX220, and make that blink when receiving a SMS or a call...

There must be some programmer out there who can make this happen...?

Dear I am new and have bought MOTO MPx220, as I am a camera engineer I have habit of opening whatever I buy and I an LED inside below * Button and I think it is for Signal Presence Indicator, but it does not glow any time. can you pl guide me glow it as signal indicator, if you have gone through any other Win 2003 Mobile and know it please. Also sorry but which LED flasher you are talking about in this forum ? ;)