Free TaskSwitcher for SPV

Guest Xetra

Guest zeta101

I have Xbar beta3, it currently works how i want it, all i use it for is killing a bunch of aps quickly really. Is the newest version worth it or is it still buggy?

Xbar 1.0 isn't in beta state.

Normally there is no bug :)

and xbar 1.0 takes less memory ressource than beta.

try it ;)

I you only use kill function, maybe you must make a "lite skin" to fastest display

Guest slick_b_69

Can someone pls post an english translation of the .txt file that comes wtih XBar 1? Tried translating it using AltaVista but im still having a hard time uderstanding it and working the program.

Or even better, if someone could do an eglish FAQ so i'd undterstand better how to uses the skins and other features of this program.

Thanks!

Slick

Thanks so much Xetra!! 1.0 is great!! I love the battery indicator, temperature, and bliss skin alot! Still trying to figure out the links, but I have been using this program quite a bit!

Guest zeta101

xetra ive now got v1.0 and i like it much better, now i gotta work out how to "skin" it or to change the colours for a matrix skin im working on and get the tempertaure thing working :D

btw xetra ive seen youve been busy making some nice freeware programs so i have a request :) could you do any kind of GPRS data counter, i refuse to spend ~20 dollars on something that should be part of the phone lol (since someone has made a counter already).

Depending on how much time you have, im sure people would be happy with just a basic counter, that you can reset every month (if you are on contract). The $20 one has fancy graphs etc, which i think are unneeded really.

Perhaps you could add it into xbar (like you did with the temperature thing) would this use less resources than having seperate progs or something?

In anycase I hope you carry on producing freeware because at the moment you are turning out some great programs that should have come with the phone as standard! ;)

Guest ferret

I've got -70 temperature as well plus there's no regkey to be found anywhere! :cry:

Apart from that it's a great application :lol: :) ;) ;) :D :D 8)

EDIT: 1.3.5.6 ROM

I've got -70 temperature as well plus there's no regkey to be found anywhere! :cry:  

Apart from that it's a great application :lol:  :)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  8)

EDIT: 1.3.5.6 ROM

You must make the entry in registry or download the all new version that correct this bug

Xbar1' target='_blank'>http://www.xetranet.com/spv/xbarXbar1 with minor bug correction

Guest fozzie
I have noticed another minor bug.  I am running with the /nodaemon switch and help (#) isn't working - I see a quick 'Xbar Help' title at the top of the screen but am dumped back to the screen I was in prior to running Xbar.

Help works fine with the daemon running.

Any ideas Xetra?

Thanks.

Guest skjelnes
Guest arnebret

Well, everyting on Xbar1 seems to be bug free and the temp gauge is working fine after installing the latest version of both the xbar as well as the thermometer.

Next thing: getting xbar to load on startup. I tried several things, but it seems nothing works. If i find out how to do it, i'll let you know. In the mean time, is there anyone out there that got it working?

Guest arnebret

Ah, got it. Just put it somewhere in the IPSM map (for example: Program Files/Xbar) create a shortcut to it in 'Startup' and you're ready. I tried /Windows, but that dir keeps resetting on reboot. Also the storage card won't work as it isn't available at startup yet.

Guest fozzie
Well, everyting on Xbar1 seems to be bug free and the temp gauge is working fine after installing the latest version of both the xbar as well as the thermometer.
Just for your info - you don't need to 'install' the thermometer app. Xbar doesn't do anything with it - it's an independant app ;)

Next thing: getting xbar to load on startup. I tried several things, but it seems nothing works. If i find out how to do it, i'll let you know. In the mean time, is there anyone out there that got it working?

The only way I could get it to run on startup is to actually place the app in the startup folder. Just putting a shortcut there didn't work.

I think the best way to run this is with the /nodaemon switch - i.e. there is nothing running in the background - xbar is 'run' each time you press the voice rec button. This way, it doesn't take up any resources when it's not running. See earlier in this thread for what you need to set in the registry :)

Guest arnebret

Ok, thanks for the info. I got the startup working with shortcut, but it points to the file in the IPSM dir on the phone as well... so no real difference. I didn't mean that you NEED thermometer, i'm sorry if it looked like that. I was pointing out that both apps work fine when you follow the instructions.

Guest vijay555

Xetra: have you given any thought to my idea to allow xbar to return to the homescreen if pressed when the keypad is in a locked state?

This would allow us to overcome the bug where the phone gets stuck on the incoming call page when keypad is locked.

V

Guest fozzie
Xetra: have you given any thought to my idea to allow xbar to return to the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen if pressed when the keypad is in a locked state?

This would allow us to overcome the bug where the phone gets stuck on the incoming call page when keypad is locked.

V

If you run Xbar with the /nodaemon switch then this doesn't occur :) (Xbar doesn't seem to be any slower to run up either without the daemon running in the background)

Guest vijay555

fozzie - i'm not complaining about the bug, just wondering if we could use it productively to overcome a more irritating bug, of being stuck on the incoming call screen when you receive a call when keypad is locked...

But thanks for the info, i haven't bothered with the nodaemon mode yet, but may try it..

V

Guest fozzie
fozzie - i'm not complaining about the bug.......

I know - I've read your earlier posts :) I was just letting you know that it doesn't occur with the /nodaemon switch. It seems that most people are using Xbar with the background daemon running and as yet, I can't see any advantages of running it this way (ahem, apart from the help screen not coming up with /nodaemon when you press # !) - it's no quicker to startup and takes up resources.

Guest Pixeled

I've experienced something strange, don't know if it has bothered anyone else but it seems to occur since I use X-bar. I also let it startup trough /Windows/StartUp/. Using a SPV.

When I close several apps with X-bar, I can't seem to get into the shortcut menu (you know, the menu that pops up when you press the power button once) anymore. Very irritating since I can't put it on keyblock (shortcut 3) anymore! I need to switch the phone on and off (it does react when I press and hold the power button) before I can access the menu again.

Did anyone else came across this problem? Or does anyone else know how to solve it?

Guest vijay555

I found a strange quirk as well.

I tried using a foreign sim and didn't have the unlock code for my phone (i was on holiday!) I gave up trying to guess the unlock code.

Then somehow, fighting with the phone by bringing up xbar (the unlock code dialog brings itself ontop every few seconds), i managed to shut down or confuse the unlock dialog, and the phone sim-unlocked itself. So i was able to use a foreign sim without the unlock code.

Perhaps a fluke quantum particle or something, but anyone else seen anything similar?

I also notice that plates throw themselves against the wall and my bed levitates when i enable xbar, but i think that's because i'm using the daemon mode. I'll switch over fozzie! [thanks again]

V

Guest arnebret

Hehehe :)

Well, about the one with the short-menu to lock the phone: i have the same problem as well, but not always. It seems to occur sometimes and after a while it'll be available again. I strongly doubt if it has to do with xBar.