Free TaskSwitcher for SPV

Guest Xetra

Guest fozzie
Mode NODAEMON (for experts...) stay not in memory but slowest to start

Mode DAMEON fastest (use less system ressources when in memory)  

First off - great app :)

I can't seem to get the syntax correct for the daemon switch. Please help.

Thanks.

Guest dinoalbert

enjoy your holiday, xetra!

anyone can tell me where to find the voice recorder root so I could create a shortcut for it in the new version of Xbar?

Thanks!

Guest vijay555

check the shortcuts in your startmenu:

try this one pasted into an existing shortcut

22#:MSTNOTES?windowsoutres.dll,-10500

i think.

V

Guest dinoalbert
22#:MSTNOTES?windowsoutres.dll,-10500

Sorry I didnt understand.

Is the "Notes.lnk" found in IPSMWindowsStartMenu the shortcut for Voice Recorder? Can I use that...copy-and-paste the shortcut itself to the Xbar folder?

Thanks again

Guest cpt_andy

I've just put on one of the B4 skins - the accurate battery meter is v useful!

The quick view of the temperature is also useful to have available :)

Cpt. Andy

Guest vijay555

ChIlDrEn!

I just had a great idea how to use a bug in Xbar to our advantage:

Xetra - xbar still responds to keypresses when the phone is keypad locked, calling up xbar even when i suppose it shouldn't.

Ergo: let's do something useful with this feature!

Let it still respond to the record button, but make xbar take us back to the homescreen when the rec button is pressed (and display xbar as normal, i guess)

Why:

we all hate the bug where you receive a call when the phone is locked, and the phone gets stuck on the incoming call page even after hangup. Now, instead of unlocking keypad and pressing Home to go back, we can leave the phone locked, and press rec!

Come on people, round of applause and get Xetra to implement it.

Xetra: it should just require you to shellexecute "home.exe" before displaying xbar. Perhaps first detect if the phone is in a locked state, or otherwise detect the window handle of the incoming call page, and if it's visible, then go back home, to stop it forcing all xbar popups to go home.

People, i'd love this feature, comment if you don't get it, but stampede if u do..

V

Guest dinoalbert

with the new version of Xbar, there is no shortcut for Record and Calculator...I was able to create the shortcut for Calculator (key# 5) and now I want to do the Record shortcut (key# 4) but I dont know where to find the exe file for the Record...can someone tell me how to create a shortcut for Record?

TIA

Guest fozzie

I've still not been able to get run the app with the /DAEMON and /NODAEMON switches. I've tried it as described in the readme.txt but the app won't start.

Any ideas please?

Guest FrankyG

Which memory status does it display, physical memory? After a re-boot, and running only xbar, I've only got about 50% of physical memory available, is that about right?

Guest looeee
I've still not been able to get run the app with the /DAEMON and /NODAEMON switches.

/DAEMON is the default mode that you get when you put a shortcut to xbar in your startup folder. Xbar is always running in the background but it is very small and doesn't eat your CPU resources when not activated

/NODAEMON is the mode that you can use if you don't want xbar to be memory-resident, but to be started up when you push the record button and to close down after running.

There is a slight error (missing quotes) in the help doc where it tells you what to set the registry key to

go to:

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSTNOTES

replace the value 1 with

"IPSMProgram FilesXbarXbar.exe" /NODAEMON

(assuming that's where you installed it)

looeee

Guest fozzie
There is a slight error (missing quotes) in the help doc where it tells you what to set the registry key to

go to:

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSTNOTES

replace the value 1 with

"IPSMProgram FilesXbarXbar.exe" /NODAEMON

(assuming that's where you installed it)

Doh! I'd realised that the quotes were needed but had the 2nd quotes after the NODAEMON switch instead of before :oops:

Cheers mate, works perfectly now and FWIW, it doesn't seem any slower to me at starting up, compared to having the daemon always running in the background :)

Guest Thurstan

I can't get Xbar to execute on startup, after having put a shortcut in the startup folder - I have to hold down 9 to get it working first.

While this is only a small problem it would be quite good to have it working automatically. I installed to SD card - could this be the reason why?

Guest fozzie

Excellent :)

I seem to have a problem with the temp calibration. I've set up the appropriate reg key and set it to 95. Thermo displays the temp with the correct offset (currently 31 - 5= 26). However, Xbar displays 83925.

I've tried with and without skins and it's the same.

Any ideas please?

Excellent :)

I seem to have a problem with the temp calibration.  I've set up the appropriate reg key and set it to 95.  Thermo displays the temp with the correct offset (currently 31 - 5= 26).  However, Xbar displays 83925.

I've tried with and without skins and it's the same.

Any ideas please?

Little minor bug fix ;) (LPTR error)

Download it again please

Guest fozzie

Cool - thanks for the quick fix. All ok now :)

I have noticed another minor bug. I am running with the /nodaemon switch and help (#) isn't working - I see a quick 'Xbar Help' title at the top of the screen but am dumped back to the screen I was in prior to running Xbar.

Help works fine with the daemon running.

Thanks again.