JAVA on SPV ? It's possible !!!

Guest SmartphoneFrance

Guest Eleventh

Can anyone give a quickie how to install .jar or .jad files. :) i've installed it already but having problems installing apps and games.

Guest goinnuts

really buggered up ma phone. had to hard reset now stuck before it gets back to canary 3 colours screen. can anyone help.

sorry. it was the cabs that did it.

:cry:

I've got Java, Metal Strike and the task manager running on my SPV no problems

in java, I've only run the metris applet thing though

note I installed Metal Strike and the Mio task manager from their cabs, not the installer program off the CD

Guest Terwin

Unzip the APCD v20.zip file. Open the "APCD v20/CECT SOFTWARE CD/Java" directory. The 2 CAB files are in there. Run them on your phone to install. Create a directory called "Temp" in your phone's "IPSM" directory. Put the jar midlet files you want to run in that Temp directory. To run the midlets use the Program -> JavaMan or MIDP-AMS apps on your phone.

Guest StylishLemur

from what i tried (many times) is it true that in order to be able to copy jar/jad file in to your IPSMtemp, you must install both file (JavaMan or MIDP-AMS) on the phone only, not on the card

or am i over look some thing

even i looked into the registry already as well

nothing found

Guest agent.m
Erm...sorry but crappy little java apps and games suck compared to what we already have. Dont see the point really, unless ive missed something

still got my sl45i. it kick some of the smartphone stuff. if you can find it or if it works, try moorhunn racer (mariocart) cannons, speeddevils, siberian strike, theres a karma sultra guide and first aid guide for free. this all depends on what type of java its compatible with. ie nokia? siemens? motorola?

try my site for free java

http://www.agentm.homestead.com/

ps these are all siemens compatible and i havent tried it yet.

Guest agent.m
How about a short translation?

edit: nm, altavista does it fine :)

To say that it goes it is well but to enable you to do it it is better:)

Here thus procedure to carry out this prowess:

- 1 - One goes on the Mitac site to download " the Software CD v2.0 "

The direct bond: http://www.mitacservice.com/visitor/fcabdl...p?fid=115758244

- 2 - One dézippe the downloaded file

- 3 - In the files obtained there is a file JAVA which contains 2 files CAB

- 4 - 2 files CAB (http://www.smartphonefrance.info/installation2.asp ) are installed

- 5 - Now one is ready to make function applis JAVA on his Smartphone:)

Here a site to download of it file GRAVEL BANK (JAVA) which functions on SPV)

- http://midlet.org/

After it is enough to copy its file GRAVEL BANK in " IPSMTEMP " of the SPV and launching the JavaMan software.

To go more quickly the file GRAVEL BANK of Tétris which functions very well is available there:

- http://midlet.org/repository/jamesbrennan/...tris/Metris.jar

The second program installed is very powerful because it makes it possible for example to directly download by the Net programs JAVA. Having trimmed you work, I let to you explore the possibilities of your new virtual Java machine and account on you to hold me with the current of your various tests and discovered.

Small precise details very significant:

- OBLIGATORY INSTALLATION IN THE INTERNAL STORAGE AND NOT ON MEMORY BOARD.

- FUNCTIONS ONLY ON THE SMARTPHONES NOT SIGNS!

Thank you which for this brilliant discovery?

Guest Maverick

What the hell is a GRAVEL BANK ??

I've heard of Gravel trap... they use it in Formula 1 to prevent wayward cars from smashing themselves to pulp on the side wall.

Guest gladel
Unzip the APCD v20.zip file. Open the "APCD v20/CECT SOFTWARE CD/Java" directory. The 2 CAB files are in there. Run them on your phone to install. Create a directory called "Temp" in your phone's "IPSM" directory. Put the jar midlet files you want to run in that Temp directory. To run the midlets use the Program -> JavaMan or MIDP-AMS apps on your phone.

uh, is it truly necessary to install both? what happens when only one of 'em is installed?

Guest Terwin
what are also the included files: cstar.cab, urlplugin.cab, midi.cab, etc..?

Just the other parts of the Mitac software on all Mio 8380's. cstar.cab I think is the chinese language installer. midi.cab is ringtones, no idea what urlplugin.cab is. I've heard urlplugin.cab doesn't like non-mio 8380 phones. I don't endorse non-mio 8380 phones installing this stuff, because it really wasn't liscensed to you. It's nice to know this stuff does exist and works, but non-mio users might look for the legitimate source of the software and download it properly liscensed from the developer. Use at your own risk. Milage may vary...etc...

Guest Pintguinness
"on all Mio 8380's. cstar.cab I think is the chinese language installer".

I think I accidently installed the cstar.cab on my Mitac Mio 8380 as my phone went from English to Chinese. I can't read Chinese - how do I uninstall/remove this program?

Will a reset do the trick?

Thanks,

Barry

Guest Terwin

Ya, hard reseting will unload all nonfactory apps, but no need to do that. Just go to Programs -> Settings -> Remove Programs and remove CStar CStar. Setting your language back to what it used to be via Programs -> Settings -> Regional Settings -> Language.

Guest MoRFLeZ

This is awesome ... just used EmailViewer to check my hotmail!! A brand new world just appeared *rofl*!

Have to get Virca to work next....

Guest th0mz

Alright, first off thanks for the info guys BUT can someone please explain precicely WHAT needs to be installed on the SPV E100 to enable JAVA pps and games? I don't want to install anything that will badword up my phone!

I think it's those, but... I need to be sure!

JavaMan.cab

Midpng_SmartPhone.cab

Thanks.

And if anyone can point me to some GREAT apps and games I'd appreciate it! :)

Cheers fellas.

Guess Terwin answered my Q, eh? :?

-tho.

Guest lucky

Hiya

Damn, this is great news, as i frequently use a JAVA magic 8ball to make my decisions at work. (fund management, high finance, heh not my fault the 8ball said).

now i can make decisions on the go!

REQUEST:

Can some kind soul please make avaliable just the files we need rather than the whole 6.85mb archive?

/let me just shake the 8ball/ "you betcha!"

Guest Terwin

Looks like Mitac apparently didn't like the downloads. They pulled the links to thier software zip. I went over to the IBM website to get information on the IBM MIDP 2.0 runtime and they only have webpages talking about it but no links for download other than developer environments. It looks like SPV users will have to ask IBM about the licensing for the java runtime and download options. No idea where to legitamately download the runtime files now.

Guest MoRFLeZ
Hi. Where can I download the MetalStrike java game?

Thanks...

Fairly sure MetalStrike is the game.cab and game2.cab in the Mitac.zip here: http://cordo.free.fr/spf/Mitac/

Didn't install it tho, tried the other cabs, and I think the PhoneBackup rocks! So much better than the Orange Backup thingie...

Guest dinoalbert

thanks, morflez!

Can you also please tell me again which file should I download and install to run Java on my Tanager? I have downloaded from somewhere the files: Java Virtual Machine and spvjava (with midpng_Smartphone.cab and JavaMan.cab in it). Are they the same file? Which one should I use?

Thanks again..