JAVA on SPV ? It's possible !!!

Guest SmartphoneFrance

Guest MoRFLeZ

Well I used the latter .. and installed both cabfiles on my phone .. then created the folder Temp in IPSM .. put my jar files in there .. and run Javaman to run the apps.

Don't know if that's the best way .. but it work. And it doesn't mess up your phone.

Guest Crispy
Can you also please tell me again which file should I download and install to run Java on my Tanager?

For future reference, heres both cabs and a shoth installation guide! :)

[Edited by Paul: Removed for copyright reasons, sorry!]

Guest gladel

how 'bout the other apps: phonebackup.cab, phonereader.cab, phoneexplorer.cab and taskmgr.cab? are these all safe to install over the smart amazing phone?

Guest MoRFLeZ
how 'bout the other apps: phonebackup.cab, phonereader.cab, phoneexplorer.cab and taskmgr.cab? are these all safe to install over the smart amazing phone?

I installed all of those gladel, and haven't had any problems. I'm really pleased with the PhoneBackup program in particular, which I used just before flashing my phone, and just afterwards. It's a REALLY nice alternative (much better) than Orange Backup - and it's nice to have a second backup to my Outlook contacts..

Guest FrankyG
Didn't install it tho, tried the other cabs, and I think the PhoneBackup rocks! So much better than the Orange Backup thingie...

Where do you get such java apps from, this one you mention PhoneBackup would be nice to try :)

Guest FrankyG

is it, must have missed that as I've downloaded the file and already installed the 2 cabs on the phone. Cant get that email app working though, need to spend more time on it...

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest FrankyG

Can anyone tell me whats the purpose of the 2 cabs that we have to install - I can see that 2 new apps are now on the phone but why are 2 needed, how do they differ from each other?

Guest gladel

I installed all of those gladel, and haven't had any problems. I'm really pleased with the PhoneBackup program in particular, which I used just before flashing my phone, and just afterwards. It's a REALLY nice alternative (much better) than Orange Backup - and it's nice to have a second backup to my Outlook contacts..

great! thanks for the tip. but is it still possible to remove (uninstall) the java from my amazing phone? if so, how?

so what's the final verdict then on Java (and the other cab's) on the SPV? Have the original problems Mono, Paul et al had gone away or is it a slightly risky business.......?

Guest MoRFLeZ
so what's the final verdict then on Java (and the other cab's) on the SPV?  Have the original problems Mono, Paul et al had gone away or is it a slightly risky business.......?

It's ONLY risky if you install via the setupfile that Mono, Paul and the others did in the beginning.

If you only install via the 2 cabfiles .. it's not risky at all...

Guest CamperBoy

I've had no problems at all, I've got loads of Java apps working fine (see software thread), and installed the game metalstrike.

didn't see much point in installing the task manager or explorer as I have that already.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest kingdom master

ok all the links to the cabs etc are all gone any one send me them please? or give me links that work and a step by step on how to instal each and get em working safely

thank kingdom

Guest CamperBoy

Does the midi.cab not enable furthur midi support, I'm sure I read the Mitac could support polyphonic / midi ringtones?

Haven't installed that .cab yet, 'll try myself tonight.

Does the midi.cab not enable furthur midi support, I'm sure I read the Mitac could support polyphonic / midi ringtones?

Haven't installed that .cab yet, 'll try myself tonight.

Nope, just installs 10 midi files that cant play properly on the spv... :roll:

Guest Terwin

HI (my 1st post hehe)

That app is Cspy.exe (Cstar Cstar) I think, it changes font type to (Block's) Correct?

CStar is the chinese language cab. Don't install it unless you want chinese.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.... Got both Java files installed ON the phone. Created the "Temp" dir in the IPSM dir and put the .jad and .jar files in there - both files contain 8 chars (so less than 9) in the filename. When i use File Manager to click on either file, "AMS Install" appears and says "Enter the URL of the Midlet you want to install" - when i put the path to the file in there it says "Thius is not a valid URL" so like - how do i run/install these games ?

btw: ive got.... Asteroids, Zoy, iTanx, Moon Patrol, Zombie Mansion, Mini Golf, Bounce, Gem Jam, and Atomic.

• 3 weeks later...

The mitac software is copyrighted, and only for download from mitac, requests for emails/download links will be removed.

When mitac had it available for public download this was tolerated, but now you have to submit an imei and serial number to obtain it.

Any post requesting links will be removed.

Repeat offenders will be given official warnings.

Of course if you OWN a mitac, just goto their site........

Will

Guest Voldemort

I do have a mitac, but in the cd2 there wasn't anything about java :evil:

So i went in the mitac site, but i couldn't find any link to have the 2 java files or something else. I bought my mitac two weeks ago and just because of this a I can't have java? :x

Guest Richie M

Voldemort

you have to submit an imei and serial number to obtain it.

If you are having trouble i suggest you contact Mitac ;)

And and general note to everyone:

After reading this thread stop logging into IRC and asking for the files, you will not get them in there either (or any other files) and you'll only end up earning yourself a kick :D

Guest k2bk2bk2b

THE MITAC SITE'S is in chinese........

i cant read chinese.... so what do i do the get them files???

Have already tired contacting mitac, but they havent got around to answering me emails.

which kinda sux... considering u paid quite a sum for their phone.

anyone knows where i mite be able to find the javaman file?

managed to get the javavm.cab

but still think i'm short of one?