Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

Guest kazen104
I haven't experimented with 1.50.28 ROM in this upgrade. Can you still use your phone? If so don't attempt any further unless you're willing to take the risk of messing it up. I encountered problems with this SMART ROM before wherein the upgrade was halfbaked. I got stuck with the canary screen with bootloader 1.04. I had to do the "bootloader http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 backup/restore procedure" and downgraded back to 1.3.7.8  to make my phone operational. If you'll read through this forum you'll find out that indeed SMART 1.5.28 is a headache in terms of installation for most of us.

dude, please help me.. i'm stuck with my canary v1.04 since i tried to downgrade my system.

i'm using the latest of smart amazing phone tried to lower the version so i could unlock it, but on the middle of installation, it screwed up, and now i'm stuck with the 3 color canary screen..

i have the 0.98 bootloader with my mmc, but canary v1.04 seems to bypass it in short, i cant make it work. please help.. and please be specific with the steps, thank you so much in advance!

Guest Zerone_null

ey guys, am a newbie, just got mine last week.

anyone here from Cebu?

wanna do some tweaking.. thanx

oh and if you're Cebuano try visiting www.istorya.net that's where i hang out. thankx

P-NOIS R0

dude, please help me.. i'm stuck with my canary v1.04 since i tried to downgrade my system.

i'm using the latest of smart amazing phone tried to lower the version so i could unlock it, but on the middle of installation, it screwed up, and now i'm stuck with the 3 color canary screen..

i have the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 bootloader with my mmc, but canary v1.04 seems to bypass it in short, i cant make it work. please help.. and please be specific with the steps, thank you so much in advance!

Insert the MMC and restart your fone. You will then be promted if you if u want to download the bootloader to your fone. Press the action key and the bootloader 0.98 will be transfered. Restart your fone again to tri-color canary screen and apply the s,art 1.3.7 upgrade.

f i copy the bootloader http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 (winhex file in my pc) to my sap, all i hav 2 do s restart my fon? den wat?

:shock:  :oops:  :roll:

it's not as simple as plain copying. as explained in the earlier threads (which you can search in this site), you have to use winhex to load the bootloader to your card. ;)

Guest samantha

thnx a lot guys. i found d thread on this. now i need d winhex program & card reader. but on second thoughts, maybe i shud wait 4 d next smart upgrade na lang cguro para safe. wht dya think? :?

thnx a lot guys. i found d thread on this. now i need d winhex program & card reader. but on second thoughts, maybe i shud wait 4 d next smart upgrade na lang cguro para safe. wht dya think?  :?

ok lang, pero don't you want to explore and try other ROMs? :? medyo matrabaho nga lang, pero it's worth it naman e. ;) for me ok yung Qtek kasi may smileys yung sms! but Imate's T9 is superb! :D

@samantha

the fact that we (i for sure) want the upgrade other than that from smart, is to be able to have the unit open-lined... don't quite sure if you already read some of the posts here complaining on why they've upgraded their unit to smart rom 1.5... for sure, those who did it, dared not to play again with the upcoming smart rom upgrade... ;)

@samantha

the fact that we (i for sure) want the upgrade other than that from smart, is to be able to have the unit open-lined... don't quite sure if you already read some of the posts here complaining on why they've upgraded their unit to smart rom 1.5... for sure, those who did it, dared not to play again with the upcoming smart rom upgrade... ;)

I agree with BrAGoL, I also tried to use the smart 1.50 update before. It was a mistake for me coz I also wanted to unlock my phone. I have gone over a lot of procedures and even have to buy a card reader just for the sake of downgrading my boatloader so I can be able to upgrade to Qtek ROM. :evil: For sure the next update from Smart would give alot more headache for those who want to unlock their SAPs. If the smart 1.50 is a mistake what would the next update be? a disaster???

It's not that I don't like the smart update, it just that it limits what you can do to your SAP. Baka yung next update hindi kana pwede magdowngrade ng bootloader and you'll be stuck with the Smart ROM forever! :shock: For sure, I wouldn't want that to happen to me... :wink:

@chibako

but for sure, there'll be someone out there who will inform the pro's and con'n of the upcoming smart rom 1.6... :D

that someone will surely be brave enough and be ready to face whatever consequences the upcoming smart rom 1.6 could give... hehehe! ;)

But for now, i'm happy with Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1! :lol:

Guest spv_dman
maybe spv_dman or mar9118 will give us info regarding the upcoming rom of smart.....

mabuhay kayo mga pare ko... ;)

For sure I won't play around with the new rom from SMART when it becomes available. My first few posts here in modaco was about getting stuck in tricolor canary with the 1.50.28 ROM. Ilang oras din akong inabot noon para mapagana ulit yung phone ko after that failed upgrade.

Kung meron na yung 1.6 Smart ROM, pahiram na lang ng SAP mo pareng binky yan na lang installan ko :D

hey (special mention to rodnav who offered to meet me at sm north and copy the bootloader to my sap)! i was able to 1) copy the bootloader to my card, 2) install the bootloader to my phone, 3) sim unlock my phone, 4) copy my ipsm to my card, 5) upgrade to smart 1.3.7 and then on to 6) qtek rom, and 7) copy my ipsm from the card back to the phone flawlessly! ang saya saya ko! you are all right, the time and effort spent doing all these is worth it! salamat sa inyo, i wouldn't have done it without your help! this forum is the best! ;) :D :lol: