Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

@Mygs

For sure, you're going to have a hell of a time looking for older version of WinHex. Lagi kang mapupunta sa WinHex 11 or 11.1 beta. Don't know din if its okay discussing WinHex app in this site. PM na lang.

@Smartrey

Oo ngha eh.. diretso na lang ako QTek, tutal no prob naman knug mawala ang t9, and indeed, mas matagal nga batt life nito! =)

Yun lang, i installed a lot of apps in my SAP after upgrading to QTek. Yung icons, everytime I boot up, parang folders lang, though accessible naman. After some time lang before bumalik yung real icons. Try ko ngang bawasan yung apss installed...

Guest samantha

i'm currently using a 128mb mmc. can i use it to copy my friend's 0.98 bootloader? if so, can i still use it after i copied the bootloader to my phone and upgrade to qtek or imate? thnx a lot.

Guest chibako
i'm currently using a 128mb mmc. can i use it to copy my friend's http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 bootloader? if so, can i still use it after i copied the bootloader to my phone and upgrade to qtek or imate? thnx a lot.

yes you card use it but all the file stored in your mmc will be erased...

and yes you can still use the mmc card after you have loaded the bootlader to your phone. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest crosswind

Hello, this is my first time to log on to this forum and I have read a lot of posts on how to unlock your phone. My phone bootloader is 1.09 and my Smart ROM version is 1.6.8. Could you please tell me exactly the steps to unlock my phone considering the software installed on my phone. Please tell me what to do first and where can I get all the necessary files to be installed on my phone. Thanks. By the way, this is my first post.

Guest dinoalbert

Posted from my SmartPhone!

@crosswind

Welcome to Modaco. Try to ask ur questions to the appropriate thread. There's a couple of threads in this forum discussing the Smart 1.6. Rom. That rom caused a lot of headaches to many users but a few were able to fix d problem. I guess u just have to PM mar9118 or craigd and a few others who are willing to help. Cheers Ü

Guest red_rolla

hi! i just upgraded my friend's SAP to Qtek from Smart ROM 1.5 and he noticed that there were dead pixels on his screen.. now we have to downgrade it back to Smart ROM before returning it to Smart.

what's the best way to get back to Smart ROM?

we tried installing the Smart ROM 1.6.08 from smart's website but it results in an error

----------------

ERROR 100: INCOMPATIBLE IMAGE

The ROM image that you are trying to uuse is not desinged to work with your SmartPhone. These are the characteristics of your SmartPhone:

Model: TAO CAB

The selected image information:

Model: SMT_USA

ROM Version: 1.60

-------------------

Guest red_rolla

@spv_dman

yup done that na rin.. and we got stuck in "simply amazing screen". i read we just wait for it to load the IPSM.. wala din. also tried hard reset... ala din. reinstalled 1.3.7 in canary mode twice.. ala din.

could it be busted yung 1.37 ko? i got it from the mtech.com link.

Guest red_rolla

@spv_dman

1st try... reinstalled 1.37 and got past "smart amazing" screen and the smartphone 2002 screen loaded up with the 4-colored dial spinning around.. thought this was it.. waited some 20 minutes... ala pa rin.. it just kept doing that spinning thing :)

2nd try... removed battery.. went into bootloader and did a hard reset.. rebooted the phone.. stuck in "smart amazing" screen na...

3rd try... reinstalled the 1.37 again... stuck in "smart amazing" screen na lang...

now after playing around with my friend's sap.. i came to notice that my sap's joystick/action button was a bit stubborn and stiff than his new one. when you move the "cursor" to the left using the action button you can actually hear a "tick" sound, unlike moving it to the right... smooth.

i've decided to try and have my unit replaced sa wireless center.. hence the procedure above will come in handy since i have to return from qtek to smart rom before i have it checked.

need help badly. :(

Hi there spv_dman!

I am currently using Smart 1.50 (not sure bout the rest). I want to upgrade to Qtek myself and I know I need to change my bootloader first. I'm based in Cagayan de Oro and do not know anyone that has a BL .98 I can copy, as I plan to unlock my phone before doing the upgrade to Qtek. Here are a few questions I'm sure you know the answer to (you seem to have tried a lot of tweaks on your SPV):

1. Can I copy BL.99 and downgrade to Orange UK Update 1.35 (they say this has BL.98) to be able to get BL.98 on my phone.

2. From the Strap mode of Orange UK 1.35, can I run SPV Unlock to get the unlock code?

3. After getting the unlock code, can I then upgrade to Qtek 1.5.9.1?

This has been posted within this forum. Now, I'm trying out this new Qtek ROM myself. And it looks impressive.  

Some things I did and my findings:

1. Upgraded from SAP 1.3.7.8 to Qtek 1.50.9.1 - successful

However, It automatically erased my IPSM!  

2. Downgraded back to SAP 1.3.7.8 (to test if it can be reverted to old version) - successful

3. Upgraded back to Qtek ROM.

4. It seems the ROM is not SIMLOCKED to any network provider. My Smart SIM still works without having to run an unlock application. I tried the Orange upgrade before and it prompted me for an unlock code. This one didn't. Haven't tried this with Globe though. For those of you who want to have your phone sim-unlocked and use it with globe, you might want to give this a shot.

5. Works with uncertified applications.

6. SMS counter finally working (you have to put a recipient in the "To:" field).

7. With ASCII like the smiley "u".

8. Two new application under Accesories "Authentication" - looks like for GPRS authentication and "CSDType" - for dial up configuration.

9. I don't know if I've just overlooked this before, but there's a "MMS Setup" also under Accessories which lets you configure sending of MMS over GPRS or LAN.  

10. Looks like it eats up some more memory compared with SAP 1.3.7.8. Before I had 8.3 MB on boot, now only 7.5MB.

11. Expectedly, configurations specific to SMART are gone like Action Backup and Update, and GPRS settings.

Finally, you can download the ROM here:

http://www.qtek.nu/files/Qtek150.zip

Other infos:

Canary & Diag

1.07.4M (It has the save IPSM Function)

Smartphone Ver 3.0 (13121)

Radio Version 1.35.10

Operator & Manu 1.50.9.1

Lang 1.50.9.1 (with T9)

Eng

Deutsch

French

Italiano

IA Album 1.6 build(12107)

SmartMMS EZOS 2.5build(030424)

:)  :(  :D

:lol: :lol:

Guest sonborj

@pong,

ill be passing by cdo tomorrow am thenproceedto davao after lunch. do you have a laptop with XP OS? orkahit PC nalang somewhere near? i can use my MMC to get download your bootloader to .98 then run qtek. have you got a copy of the qtex exe file and spvunlock exe?

but if sked is too hectic, next week again i might be coming back tocdo. just PM me.

I have a copy of SPV unlock and Qtek, pati orange uk update 1.35 and smart 1.37 but its on my PC at home. next week na lang.

@pong,

ill be passing by cdo tomorrow am thenproceedto davao after lunch. do you have a laptop with XP OS? orkahit PC nalang somewhere near? i can use my MMC to get download your bootloader to .98 then run qtek. have you got a copy of the qtex exe file and spvunlock exe?  

but if sked is too hectic, next week again i might be coming back tocdo. just PM me.

@spv_dman

1st try... reinstalled 1.37 and got past "smart amazing" screen and the smartphone 2002 screen loaded up with the 4-colored dial spinning around.. thought this was it.. waited some 20 minutes... ala pa rin.. it just kept doing that spinning thing :)

2nd try... removed battery.. went into bootloader and did a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset.. rebooted the phone.. stuck in "smart amazing" screen na...

3rd try... reinstalled the 1.37 again... stuck in "smart amazing" screen na lang...

now after playing around with my friend's sap.. i came to notice that my sap's joystick/action button was a bit stubborn and stiff than his new one. when you move the "cursor" to the left using the action button you can actually hear a "tick" sound, unlike moving it to the right...  smooth.

i've decided to try and have my unit replaced sa wireless center.. hence the procedure above will come in handy since i have to return from qtek to smart rom before i have it checked.

need help badly.  :(

have u try to intall the 1.5 ver..? after u install the 1.37..

Guest actor21
This has been posted within this forum. Now, I'm trying out this new Qtek ROM myself. And it looks impressive.  

Some things I did and my findings:

1. Upgraded from SAP 1.3.7.8 to Qtek 1.50.9.1 - successful

However, It automatically erased my IPSM!  

2. Downgraded back to SAP 1.3.7.8 (to test if it can be reverted to old version) - successful

3. Upgraded back to Qtek ROM.

4. It seems the ROM is not SIMLOCKED to any network provider. My Smart SIM still works without having to run an unlock application. I tried the Orange upgrade before and it prompted me for an unlock code. This one didn't. Haven't tried this with Globe though. For those of you who want to have your phone sim-unlocked and use it with globe, you might want to give this a shot.

5. Works with uncertified applications.

6. SMS counter finally working (you have to put a recipient in the "To:" field).

7. With ASCII like the smiley "u".

8. Two new application under Accesories "Authentication" - looks like for GPRS authentication and "CSDType" - for dial up configuration.

9. I don't know if I've just overlooked this before, but there's a "MMS Setup" also under Accessories which lets you configure sending of MMS over GPRS or LAN.  

10. Looks like it eats up some more memory compared with SAP 1.3.7.8. Before I had 8.3 MB on boot, now only 7.5MB.

11. Expectedly, configurations specific to SMART are gone like Action Backup and Update, and GPRS settings.

Finally, you can download the ROM here:

http://www.qtek.nu/files/Qtek150.zip

Other infos:

Canary & Diag

1.07.4M (It has the save IPSM Function)

Smartphone Ver 3.0 (13121)

Radio Version 1.35.10

Operator & Manu 1.50.9.1

Lang 1.50.9.1 (with T9)

Eng

Deutsch

French

Italiano

IA Album 1.6 build(12107)

SmartMMS EZOS 2.5build(030424)

:)  :(  :D

pre nag try ako ang ROM ko ay 1.3.6.7 dinownload ko saka run ang application kaso may error na lumabas den nag exit na parang alang nangyari as in alang nangyari kase nde nabgo ang ROM ko..see pic of error..ano kaya gagawin ko? gus2 ko na magpalit ng rom kse panget ang current ko e..mabagal masyado take note QTEK150 ang na download ko galing sa post mong URL

error_smart.jpg

Guest hershey07

i tried to downlod the QTEK then i tried it kaya lang invalid daw ang ID. meaning di ata compatible sa ROM version ko. help me naman pls kase gusto ko sana unlock SAP ko para madala ko sya sa states and use a prepaid sim na lang there. what should i do?????

Guest hershey07

i tried booting on the tri-color canary then plug in the USB then reinstall it, i got a blank white screen on my SAP. is it normal. how long will it take to upgrade my SAP? i'm quite worried coz it has been almost 30 mins and its not done yet. pls help me......what should i do?

Guest techsupp1001

I have new SAP with bootloader version 1.09 and rom version 1.6.0.7, Is it possible to downgrade this phone to bootloader 0.93?

I want to sim-unlock it and use Qtek ROM instead of Smart ROM.

I got the phone just a week ago that's why it already has the latest bootloader and rom versions.

Guest lonerjam

did u removed ur sd card?

i tried booting on the tri-color canary then plug in the USB then reinstall it, i got a blank white screen on my SAP. is it normal. how long will it take to upgrade my SAP? i'm quite worried coz it has been almost 30 mins and its not done yet. pls help me......what should i do?

Guest actor21

pre natry ko na mag upgrade from ROM 1.3.6.7 to QTEK..ok lhat kaso may malaking problema..yng GPRS settings nya mwawala..nai manual add ko ang mms set up ska gprs set up kaso ang problema..nde ako makakonek sa internet(mms sending no problem) pumunta ako ngayon sa smart...ang last option is to re-format my fone into their 1.6 version..ang sagot ko..AYOKO..hahanap nlng ako ng praan pra makakonek sa internet..pero nde ako magpapalit ng ROM..maganda ang QTEK...yn lng klngan alam mo dapat ang mga settings ng MMS ska GPRS kase literal syang mawawala sa fone...sana this info would help those who want to upgrade...advice ko is LIST DOWN ur configurations and settings..

Guest fergiem

Tell me more about the Chinese T9 please. I'm livingin Hong Kong but I bought my Smartphone from UK orange and I really want to be able to send abd receive Chinese SMSs.

Cheers

Fergie

Guest kryz2per

Guys I managed to copy .98 bootloader for my simlocked SAP that has 1.50 Rom.. I imediately upgraded to Qtek Rom..After the upgrade I decided to unloack it using spvunloack.exe but it now stops at 66%. :cry: Should I simunlock first before loading the qtek on my SAP? Can I load 1.37 Rom from Qtek? and then simunlock my SAP, then load Qtek again?

Please help me on this.. Thank u