Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

Guest dinoalbert

oo nga eh...nagtataka ako bakit sa akin wala na talaga...I compared with some officemates na naka-Qtek rom meron pa nga sa kanila :shock:

Guest dinoalbert

di ko alam kung swerte ako kse naka-ilang restart na ako wala pa ring blink/ding sound...pati mga settings sa Sounds nilagay ko na sa Loud lahat wala pa rin :shock:

Guest spv_dman
di ko alam kung swerte ako kse naka-ilang restart na ako wala pa ring blink/ding sound...pati mga settings sa Sounds nilagay ko na sa Loud lahat wala pa rin  :shock:

Baka naman naka low yung earpiece volume mo? Hmmm sige nga dare, hardreset @dinoalbert phone :)

Guest dinoalbert

Also Im not sure if this happens after the upgrade or this is normal even before..... I always set Power Management>Screensaver modeto"disable". But it always change to "enable" especially when my battery level drops to 2 bars. So I always change Screensaver mode to "disable" fromtime to time.

Is this normal?

Guest ant1012
This has been posted within this forum. Now, I'm trying out this new Qtek ROM myself. And it looks impressive.  

Some things I did and my findings:

1. Upgraded from SAP 1.3.7.8 to Qtek 1.50.9.1 - successful

However, It automatically erased my IPSM!  

2. Downgraded back to SAP 1.3.7.8 (to test if it can be reverted to old version) - successful

3. Upgraded back to Qtek ROM.

4. It seems the ROM is not SIMLOCKED to any network provider. My Smart SIM still works without having to run an unlock application. I tried the Orange upgrade before and it prompted me for an unlock code. This one didn't. Haven't tried this with Globe though. For those of you who want to have your phone sim-unlocked and use it with globe, you might want to give this a shot.

5. Works with uncertified applications.

6. SMS counter finally working (you have to put a recipient in the "To:" field).

7. With ASCII like the smiley "u".

8. Two new application under Accesories "Authentication" - looks like for GPRS authentication and "CSDType" - for dial up configuration.

9. I don't know if I've just overlooked this before, but there's a "MMS Setup" also under Accessories which lets you configure sending of MMS over GPRS or LAN.  

10. Looks like it eats up some more memory compared with SAP 1.3.7.8. Before I had 8.3 MB on boot, now only 7.5MB.

11. Expectedly, configurations specific to SMART are gone like Action Backup and Update, and GPRS settings.

Finally, you can download the ROM here:

http://www.qtek.nu/files/Qtek150.zip

Other infos:

Canary & Diag

1.07.4M (It has the save IPSM Function)

Smartphone Ver 3.0 (13121)

Radio Version 1.35.10

Operator & Manu 1.50.9.1

Lang 1.50.9.1 (with T9)

Eng

Deutsch

French

Italiano

IA Album 1.6 build(12107)

SmartMMS EZOS 2.5build(030424)

:)  :o  :P

hello,

I tried installing QTEC from a locked smart phone with bootloader .0.99 and 1.3.7.8... it was successful, however it prompted me to enter an UNLOCK code first... (smart or SUN sim) :oops: what i had to do was downgrade to the orange update, run unlock, install QTEC.. everything's ok now... :( just sharing incase one of the newbies like me encounters the same problem...

haven't completely messed around with it yet...

ant1012

Guest mar9118

mga pare check this out... new Eurotel update 1.50.5.11, same features as the Qtek 1.50.9.1 update but with English T9 na puede pa mag type ng accented characters like 'ä, ü, etc...', note you can only update in the canary screen if you already have the Qtek update installed, it is also SIM and Application Unlock with true working SMS counter :) to download click link below:

http://www.eurotel.cz/external/images/item...p/ruu150511.exe

Guest spv_dman

mar9118 wrote:

"mga pare check this out... new Eurotel update 1.50.5.11, same features as the Qtek 1.50.9.1 update but with English T9 na puede pa mag type ng accented characters like 'ä, ü, etc...', note you can only update in the canary screen if you already have the Qtek update installed, it is also SIM and Application Unlock with true working SMS counter to download click link below:

http://www.eurotel.cz/external/images/item...ruu150511.exe"

Pards natry mo na ba ito? can you post the features it has?

Guest mar9118

Yup! na try ko na, exact same feature as the Qtek update, yun STK niya is named Eurotel, I renamed it Smart STK because I am using Smart but you can rename it whatever, and the best of all may totoong English T9 and also working SMS counter like the Qtek update :)

Guest spv_dman

Hmmm.. How about the Operator boot screen? Is it cool like Qtek? How does it look like? Also, is the upgrade reversible? Won't you be stuck in that upgrade like the smart 1.50.28?

Guest mar9118

The boot screen, I like Qtek better but what the heck sandali lang naman lumalabas yun... I can take a picture and e-mail it to you if you like...somehow I cannot get to attached the pictures to my replies :oops:

Reversible I believe so, will try it later....even the 1.50.28 update of smart is reversible you just have to apply a lower SAP ROM version before installing other update via the canary screen :wink:

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
mga pare check this out... new Eurotel update 1.50.5.11, same features as the Qtek 1.50.9.1 update but with English T9 na puede pa mag type ng accented characters like 'ä, ü, etc...', note you can only update in the canary screen if you already have the Qtek update installed, it is also SIM and Application Unlock with true working SMS counter  ;)  to download click link below:

http://www.eurotel.cz/external/images/item...p/ruu150511.exe

aside from the English T9, accented characters, and new boot screen, pwede po bang pa post ng iba pang mga features ng ROM version na 'to na wala sa Qtek ROM? parang pros and cons presentation. kelangan ko pong makakuha ng ideas b4 i upgrade to a new ROM. tnx :)

i tried the eurotel....it still has the sound when i create new message. ano ba mas ok the qtek or eurotel? i don't use t9 din naman kasi. qtek is the manufacturer right? so what network is it configured to?

Guest schadow1

Nevermind. Good thing i backed up the IPSM because the Eurotel update does erase the IPSM like Qtek.

No more strange T9 for me. Only the Action Update is the drawback.