Hacked ROM!

Guest GNU

Ok, I already understood that it is working, but what I want to say is: It shouldn't work.

As long as a phone has no certificate that clearly states that it may be used on a network (according to regional laws and rules), the phone will be taken illegal. For that matter, I know someone who got his gsm/gprs jacket for iPAQ (which offers phone functionality to an iPAQ) confiscated on the airport somewhere in Africa (I'm not sure, but I think it was Morocco).

They confiscated the jacket because it was not certified according to the local gsm/gprs standards. However, it was certified for all other regions in the world... Because of this problem, he got a new jacket from Compaq (at that time, HP didn't take over Compaq yet) because they forgot to state that it was not certified for use in Africa. If you go to their website now, you can clearly see that it isn't certified for use there.

The fact that your phone isn't certified at all, could very well result in the same kind of situation. As soon as your phone starts to annoy the computers of an airport, hospital, radio station, police radio,... they will locate it and take it away from you. Believe me, I work for a mobile network, and we can tell with an accuracy of approximate 1-2m where a certain phone is located, what type of signal it gives, if it disturbs something on our net,...

I don't tell this because I'm a bad person who likes to see all those phones been taken away (as I'm really not), but I 'm just pinpointing the fact that you have to be careful with a not-certified phone.

The fact that the manufacturer states that it is not certified for networks, all problems regarding the use of the phone on any net is for your own responibility. That's also the reason why they provide you with a dummy sim: that way, the phone can't register to any net, and you can't be compromised. :wink:

I have one of these phones and have updated it to 2003. I use it as my everyday phone with Cingular in California. I also have a T-Mobile account (with unlimited data) that i use when i do large amounts of streaming audio and video.

I have had it for around 6 months now and have used it as my everyday phone since then. If anyone has any questions about it I can try and answer them...

Only bad part about 2003 so far is that (on the Compal) T9 is not included. James Pratt (Microsoft) has stated that they did not include the T9 IME "In order to keep the upgrade free and to ensure that it was delivered in a timely fashion".

I really miss T9 and would pay for it if asked. :)

I somewhat expect them to release a newer build of 2003 for the Compal in the next couple of weeks and hope they get T9 in it even if it means they change for the upgrade.

Anyone know how I can hack T9 into the current build of 2003? :twisted:

Guest Cyberdim

I'm a happy user of Red-e phone in USA too. So far i have used it with 4 different networks (2 in US, 2 in Europe), It is a great phone. The biggest advantage of the phone is being the "Microsoft Developer Phone". That was the most important factor in my decision to buy the phone. If Microsoft is cooking something new (in this case SP 2003), It will be released on this phone first. I know lots of "Embeded" guys at redmond that carrying/using this phone as their daily phone. Wouldn't they update their phone with the latest and greatest :) That is why you'll get the latest updates for Smartphone platform on this phone by default.

Anyway, I agree that is is the first initial release and it is rough around the edges. I can see another update soon

High points are:

ClearType all over (text is loveley in home screen, IE, etc...)

Almost every app runs faster...

.net CLR is included :(

Tons of usubility updates

IE is definettly faster and leaner...

+ We are the only SP 2003 users acroos the world (except Dopod users)

Sorry SPV dudes :twisted:

Just kidding 8) we are all in for the same cause...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest hecatae

just been on www.yorch.net today and there is a rom kitchen for compiling roms and nk.nbf so i'm interested in this project. Posted from my SmartPhone!

just been on www.yorch.net today and there is a rom kitchen for compiling roms and nk.nbf so i'm interested in this project. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Wow, that ROM kitchen is amazing ! :lol:

If they could get that done for the SPV ROM I would be the happiest mobile phone user in the world 8)

I think its like what windows messenger is on windows XP and embedded into the operating system--so pulling it out would be very hard.

Better off trying to find where the protocalls are kept and just updating them--although i dont know how extensive the messenger update is :?

If you look at Spine's first reply on page 7 of this post it appears that it might be possible to get the executable(s), but I'm not sure what else would be necessary (i.e. registry settings)

Guest hecatae

from the mio rewritten update

Update tools : UUTforCanary.exe 

O/S Image : OEM.nb0

ActiveSync 

USB Sync cable 

PC With USB port. 

notice nb0, not nbf

going to see if it's just a file name change required.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sure

I can probably pull out the files you need - from my E200.

..let me know wich ones you need.

AND if you could find a swedish T9 .dll called t9swedis.dll or t9englis.dll for me it would be real cool...

Let me know :)

// O.

Guest roozbeh

well hanks to spine i've find them........

but if u want these i've got these files from e100:

t9engilis t9french t9german t9spanis t9italiawell hanks to spine i've find them........

t9engilis t9french t9german t9spanis t9italiawell hanks to spine i've find them........

t9engilis t9french t9german t9spanis t9italia

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest obingkong

hello!!! it seems this project died or something.. hehehe...

btw, do any of you guys have some of the "hacked" ROMS that you can share with me? i'd love to try some. thanks...

Guest don_octavo

Spine: Please tell me exactly how you imported your SPV. Im living in Illinois, USA and wanted to own an e200.

Thanks

Guest squall

my huess would be he bought it from someone on modaco, or someone on ebay.

I sold an spv to someone in the us last week, if its sim unlocked it works fine.

Guest mmort7
GNU:

Ps. for those who care: i have almost dumped the Eurotel rom (about 85% - 15% of the files are giving me problems)

Hello.

Can You please send me file "t9englis.dll" from eurotel ROM, it is czech T9, whitch is really interested to me.

My e-mail: [email protected]

TIA

Martin Moser

• 1 month later...
Guest eljefe

Squall, I own a dead Qtek 7070. It failed at the end of upgrade and didn't turn on after that. Pls send me an e-mail. I tried to pm you but forum said it wasn't authorized. Regards.

• 2 months later...
Guest castravete

the rom for COMPAL is too big for the spv or spv e100 and it has 32 MB of sdram so if u install it on the spv or on the e100 u will have verry small memory left like 2MB