1.5 for the UK - an update from Orange

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tomesy

I tell you what annoys me - only being able to have 1 SMS number per contact. When I have contacts who have 2 mobiles, I have to create a seperate contact entry to be able to SMS that number.

Has this been fixed?

Guest Animefan

I Makes me irritated to! The contact thing has SO many different things (email 1,2 and 3 or all these phonethings) so why just kill one of the email things and put an Mobile Number 2 iN!?

Guest the loc-man

I know its prob been asked loads Paul but when can we expect to see the 1.6 ROM update available for download to us users?

I can't wait for the SMS fixes, can you please give us a few other hints as to whats been fixed and what is new please

I take it that the 1.5 has now been scrapped? why was this? why didn't they release this in July whenever it was due and then release this as well? 1.5 must have had some fixes for us?

thanks

LOC

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

1.6 shouldn't re-app lock (IPSM is untouched).

Not 100% sure on the release date yet, "soon", as always :/

UK 1.5 will now no longer happen, it was delayed due to issues getting it working properly (IE half working SMS counter on e100 1.5 release)

1.6 no longer "clunks" when you click the to box in a new message :)

As we've already pointed out, the call screen now times out after a few seconds too.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

i think the internet explorer slowdown when listing history items has now been fixed, by listing only the first half dozen entries, and not the entire last. Dont quote me on that though, i cant remember exactly how it worked before :)

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

T9 isn't saved.

I've never had a failed SMS message, however trying to send a SM with radio off told me it couldn't be sent, but still left a copy in sent items...(not sure if its the same thing, i keep a copy of all sent items).

Guest Kallisti

A copy in "sent" items is pretty useless as you can't re-send it. You can forward it, but you'd have to remove all the crappy headers it adds.

Oh, and hasn't there only been one update?

Guest kingbing
I tell you what annoys me - only being able to have 1 SMS number per contact.  When I have contacts who have 2 mobiles, I have to create a seperate contact entry to be able to SMS that number.

One "solution" to this is to put extra SMS numbers in the email slots. Not nice, but it works...

Guest Goutetsuu

with this up and coming update do you know if they have sorted the problem where when you recieve an SMS that starts with +44 and you have a contact stored without the +44, whether it shows the contacts name despite the fact the stored contact doesn't have + 44. as before if the contact doesn't have +44 at the beginning of the number, the phone with only show the the number with +44 at the beginning and not the contacts name even though they are the same numbers

anyone understand me, don't think i wrote that very clearly

Posted from my SmartPhone!

I would imagine this wont be fixed as the phone is triband and therefore may confuse two numbers that are the same apart from the country prefix...

Guest morpheus2702

Sorry but has this thread degenerated into another 'wish list' rant?

Sure I'd love my E100 to make toast but I'm not expecting it to be in 1.6, never mind how much I want it to be there.

Hmm, whats the problem here?! I see no issue in letting the moderators know what we want fixed with the software as they have been asked to beta test the 1.6 update. This therefore means that they will be in contact with the right people at Orange. There's no need to be upset by this! Just ignore the topic if you don't like it!

Guest morpheus2702

No worries! :)

Surely the Orange bods should be steered towards the Wish List section?

Just think there is a place for what we can realistically expect from this update and then there is a place for everything else.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

If you're that unhappy about the features that have been fixed, firstly don't update your phone and secondly, we won't give you a tip off next time ;p

Lets try and keep the topic on the new features :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.