1.5 for the UK - an update from Orange

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Maverick

Does the 1.6 update fix Automatic profile bug??

Automatic Profile .. it puts the phone into silent mode when there is meeting entry in the calendar... but it doesnt come out of silent mode when the meeting ends. :shock:

This one of the most irritating bugs which screws up an otherwise good feature of SP2002.. I hope that they have fixed this one. :)

woa i didnt even know that was a feature! im gonna set all my school schedule to a meeting :-D lemme test and see if they fixed it with the eurotel rom, if so they probably did for 1.6 Or

edit: er- where is the meeting option? is it under the New calendar appointment screen? cause i dont see it..

I have tried both the Q-Tek 7070 updated ROM and the Eurotel update. I found both were very much the same apart from the obvious Operator boot logo differences...very pretty.....

I personally found battery life was much "WORSE" with both of the updates. As someone too has already mentioned....@@@@

The handy photography & video recording (of sorts as it only just records video.!!!) and photo album applications came installed on both rom updates which is a big plus.

The only other point I personaly liked was that the phone becomes totally unlocked for both applications (decert) and SIM (network)

Be warned though as if you want to revert back incase of any similar problems ect u may need to visit the forums quite a few times for advice if you suffer as I did.

Hope this helps.....................

UZAY.......

You are better off waiting my friend for the possibility of the forementioned up and coming Orange update if u are with this provider.

Otherwise read up as much as u can on MaDoCo for other users experiences before updating..

Good Luck

Guest Maverick
edit: er- where is the meeting option?  is it under the New calendar appointment screen?  cause i dont see it..

Opps.. I meant a calendar entry... Once u create a calendar entry and the profile is set to automatic... it will automatically change from normal to meeting mode for the duration of the calendar appointment.. Unfortunately, when it ends, it doesnt go back to normal mode.

Guest Gorskar

Er yes - I realised I clicked submit rather than edit the text box, and then I was having problems getting a GPRS connection, and then I had to go back to work, so I forgot about it :)

What I MEANT to say was,

I had a similar problem with my new e100 with it being permanently stuck in meeting mode. Settings - profiles - reset to defaults sorted it out though.

Has anyone else noticed a startup bug after soft reset. I am unable to reliably startup the e100 everytime unless its left for a couple of minutes This is second replacement to have this problem.

If its in cradled (now usb powered) it boots up fine everytime.

Guest antiunix

After the update my phone appear to be just a bit slower when starting up, but in all it works perfectly (or at least it works as you would expect it to) :wink:

Guest ***merlin***

It works!

lost all settings, sounds, applications and games on the phone.....but its nothing that cant be put back on.

I prefer the eurotel startup screen to the orange one as i am on vodaphone anyway.

Just about to see if it still decert!

:) ;) :D

Guest ***merlin***

Works a treat so far........installed all my programs back on and still fine.

Actually seems to run alot smoother now, menus open better and hasnt crashed yet and ive been fiddling quite a bit.

Worth doing for sure. :)

Guest Paul [MVP]

I've just noticed, in the folder view there is an option to clear down the messages.

e.g. you can delete all sent items directly from there, without needing SMS tools.

P

Guest hellboundpeanut

a little help!

just installed the update --aftera four day hike... excited to find one... but apperntly my computer now cant find my phone when i "explore" on active sync. it turns green alrigh , just not explore..and i really want my apps and stuff back!

is it just me being silly ? :oops:

any help would be ace!

HbP

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.