SPV2 - Pictured!

Guest PaulOBrien

"](320x240 or whatever)

Anything below 640x480 os worthless ... I'm really hoping that the SPV2 has a 800x600 or maybe even 1024x768 cam. That would jsut be sooooo nice! :)

Guest kyrkesmith
Methinks that the Smartphone specs should be broadened, if Smartphone sales are to overtake PDA some of those PDA users are going to have to be swayed.

If you're looking for the device described, something similar to a P800, then you're obviously looking for something that you use more as a PDA than a phone. This is provided for by "Windows Modile Software for Pocket PC Phone Edition". If you're looking for majority phone use, with PDA as a secondary function, then "Windows Mobile Software for Smartphone" is your product.

If PDA is the secondary function, in my opinion you're unlikely to require the extra functionality provided by a stylus and larger screen. Don't forget that this adds expense to the phone, and the SPVs are expensive enough as it is offline.

Guest casper508

Anything below 640x480 os worthless ... I'm really hoping that the SPV2 has a 800x600 or maybe even 1024x768 cam. That would jsut be sooooo nice! :)

I seriously doubt anything above VGA (640x480). Infact lets hope it doesn't go below VGA.

Cas

Guest phdutton

I hope the camera works better in low light. I have seen my mates Sharp phone on Voda with the built in camera, and it works quite well in most lights, the SPV is s*** if there is not a lot of light around.

Guest Thurstan

Got one in my hand now!

Memory:

Total Storage: 31.48MB

Total Memory: 25.64MB

Processor: ARM OMAP 710

The handset which I have here is obviously a prototype and features the same keys and overall design of the E100.

The only thing that differs is the back, which is slightly fatter at the top - to house the built-in camera, I suppose and the battery. This is shaped differently as seen on the pics above.

Guest Thurstan

It's the same spec as my E100 - Not sure how to find the speed.

Bluetooth looks useful but seems difficult to configure, there's a few new things on there - one of them an app called jMMS. It seems better than the original MMS software.

SMS also works differently and the character count seems to work fine.

Guest Thurstan
What do we reckon?

Same connectors as SPV???

I've just bought a car kit, hope it's compatible.

This version the connector seems the same and works fine with my sync/charge cable.

Although apparently to sync you need AS 3.7

Guest Thurstan

I can't tell you that as the language version of this model is one I haven't encountered before. It doesn't recognise any English words, so I can't test it properly.

Guest Thurstan
so its bigger than E100

Ever so slightly, in depth terms. But I'd say a couple of millimetres at most.

The camera features a zoom option: 1x 2 x and 3x

You can capture video at 352x288 or 176x144

Images at 160x120, 320x240 and 640x480.

You also have the option to turn off the 'snap' sound, and adjust exposure time. Lighter/darker.

Video seems very smooth, and you can turn audio off.

Guest Thurstan
Sounds fairly decent. Is there a maximum length for your video?

haven't had time to test this but I imagine it's down to the memory you use. The good thing is you can opt to save onto SD card.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.