"How To" Repository

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks pzee for the How To... QTEK.

Meron bang gusto magvolunteer gumawa ng How to for Imate?

I think I am now convinced to upgrade my ROM fromsmart 1.5, pinag-iisipan ko pa lang kung Qtek or Imate. Thanks in advance! ;)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

;) No problem adi...

Different ROMs, same procedures lang ata. Not that sure though.

Guest dinoalbert

I think I am now convinced to upgrade my ROM fromsmart 1.5, pinag-iisipan ko pa lang kung Qtek or Imate. Thanks in advance! ;)

To upgrade into iMate ROM, read this thread...

http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php...highlight=imate

source:

http://www.ppcw.net/index.php?itemid=1487

Guest spv_dman
Added:

-Unlock your SAP

-Painting your SAP (removing the Smart logo)

-How to remove the annoying 'ding' sound

-ListPro tricks

;)

Comment on "How to remove the annonying 'ding' sound", I think using ReplaceSound will do the trick for all ROMs. I'm using qtek and it works well. :D

The tweak that one of our forum members discovered is not guaranteed to work 100% including on high version ROMs. In my experience the "ding" came back after a while though I didn't switched to "Loud" profile.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
...Comment on "How to remove the annonying 'ding' sound", I think using ReplaceSound will do the trick for all ROMs. I'm using qtek and it works well.  ;)

Thanks for the info spv_dman :D

Sa mga naka download na ng instruction, mapapansin nyo na merong link dun nung ReplaceSound na file. :wink:

Guest rodnav

can this thread be made into a sticky, maybe the title could also be changed to "pinoy how to repository" para di mamove sa ibang forums gaya ng nangyari sa pinoy made homescreens. what do you guys think, paging sir carlo.

Guest sonborj
can someone help me with email setup? specifically the incoming and outgoing server, domain and server type of msn.com. thanks

welcome geeklord. i think hini pop3 ang hotmail account. am not sure either if imap. do you want to download email from hotmail using your SAP? you can use internet explorer for that.

anyway, this is out of topic... try your luck with Search in this forum.

Guest rodnav

@ geeklord

i've tried setting hotmail in pocket outlook, this can't be done. i have trouble setting up on my the full outlook in my computer. only outlook express is able to sync with it correctly.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

meron ba kayong request na 'how to' document? sabihin nyo lang po and compile ako (with pictures if necessary) based on mga nasubukan ng procedures dito sa forum.

i love modaco ;)

Sorry di korin kasi alam to. I hope you don't mind me asking.

What's the difference between the bootloader and the ROM?

And if I'm going to upgrade my phone to Qtec ROM what is the difference with Smart's ROM? Is there any added feature? Is it more faster?

Thanks.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@ore

re ROM and bootloader definitions, i think merong sagot sa F.A.Q. section ng forum. re sa difference ng 2 ROMs na sinabi mo, your just in time askin that. i believe mr. mar9118 is going to prepare a tabulation oF different ROM features. yung mga points of comparison (t9, battery mgt, etc) so that may idea kayo kung ano meron sa ROM na to over other ROMs. lets just wait for his document. pag na receive ko na yun, i'll just post dito yung pdf conversion nya then maybe name the file 'How to choose the right ROM version for you' ;)