ADDICT MOBILE/SMART Concerns

Guest grifter

Guest shamizingfeb

hi there!

I badly need anyone who can help me :lol: I'm so desperate with what happened to my My docs folder. I was trying to delete a single file on my i/a album and after i pressed the delete button, i was so surprised to see that the entire folder was deleted. Eversince last night i didn't turn off my phone hoping i can retrieve the pictures (which means a lot!!huhu) still. Tried to access the restore function through GPRS but i guess this service is still not operational as i always get an error message. Help! Is there any way that i can see those pics again??? Thanks in advance.

Guest matanglawin

@shamizingfeb

if you were able to back-up your my documents folder before through action back-up...you will definitely be able to restore that.

if not...sorry, you cannot undo that action (delete) anymore. :lol:

BTW, welcome to MoDaCo.

Guest yendorgarcia

Guys, i need a little help here.

i've been wanting to send e-mail via my smartphone. kya lang.. its seems that i cant. i am able to download email but not send e-mail. i check my configurations and im using a smtp of ispbonanza.

according to smart, i have to get the smtp configuration of my isp. however, it doesn't work for me.

can anyone shed some light. please email me at [email protected].

thnx.

according to smart, i have to get the smtp configuration of my isp. however, it doesn't work for me.

yes, you have to call your isp and ask how you can use their smtp server using smart's gprs connection. their smtp server shld support authentication and you shld also configure your phone. it's inside Inbox-Menu-Options-Sending-Server Requires Authentication. but before you call your ISP, try using their POP3 server as your SMTP server.

Hi po..

tatanong ko lng ung tungkol sa MMS Finder link. san po b yun makikita? hndi ko po kc makita eh..

thanks...

what type of rom are you using? if it's the smart rom 1.6, use the full homescreen layout...

Guest mariolouis

@sweetyls

yung addict plan, may consumable kang 550pesos para sa mga sms (kasama international), gprs, mms, email at kung ano ano pang kabalbalan, aside from the free call minutes/free sms mo per month. yung mms pala 5pesos/msg.

Guest kapitan jackal

lastnite, i called 888-1111 + 4 for addict concerns. dahil di ko pa nare-receive mga billing statements ko. i was in total shock and dismay na di daw kaya or wala daw silang access sa billing details (sa globe pwede eh) kaya lang nila bigay kung magkano monthly charges, pero yung details di daw(?) ASUS!

Guest sweetyls

@ML

thanks!

so you think i SHOULD migrate to addict? yung concern ko lang kasi was the 0.25/kb gprs rate. but then smart's offering it at the same rate pala. kala ko kasi before 0.50/kb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest polgas_3

Good day!

In addict mobile the downloads are P5.00 and Included in the Addict credits (Free txt allocations for SMART Gold)

All downloads, Info on demand, Java games and SMS are deducted in your Addict Credits. Sending of MMS are Charged P5.00 for both SMART Gold & Addict Mobile, but for SMART Gold, it is charged on top of the Monthly

Service Fee (MSF). More or less if your the type of person who uses the MMS feature of the phone frequently, Addict Mobile is the answer. ( International Texting is not included in the Addict Credits ). All international text are charged on top of the MSF both for addict and gold.

The AddictM Hotline Doesnt have the Breakdown for the charges, their system can only view the Gross Usage of the subscribers. If you want the Actual Breakdown for the usage, you can go to the nearest SMART Wireless Center near you, or Fax on demand lets Subscribers to get their statement via FAX Dial 511-4500. Just follow the Voice Prompt.

Guest grifter
lastnite,  i called 888-1111  + 4 for addict concerns. dahil di ko pa nare-receive mga billing statements ko. i was in total shock and dismay na di daw kaya or wala daw silang access sa billing details  (sa globe pwede eh) kaya lang nila bigay kung magkano monthly charges, pero yung details di daw(?)  ASUS!

kap,

Enroll ka sa SMART online -- www.smart.com.ph click on customer service --> smart online.

Delayed talaga sila magpadala ng billing statement. What I always do is to check sa smart online then bayad na ako.

Guest sonborj

@concerned

A friend who was for a long time a Globe subscriber wanted to get the SAP promo tie up with Citibank the past month. He was hoping to get 2 units using his wife's card but to no avail since the promo was on a PER CARD basis. 1 card 1 unit. Sayang talaga. I was pushing him pa naman to really get an SAP.

Guest grifter

FROM MAR9118:

--------------------

@SMART

I just saw my latest bill online after being cut-off from my roaming access for 2 weeks, and to my SHOCK! kaya pala naputol ang line ko kasi nag exceed ako ng credit limit ko na P 12,000 and what was it? my GPRS volume is P 15,968.10!!!!!!

How could that be that I am in another country for more than a month now and I am using my phone just to send/recieve text messages and some important calls from home.

Yun GPRS access ko hindi pa naman roaming kasi may separate bill for Roaming Data Usage na P 391.15

Anyone from SMART who could help me on this please PM me so I can give you my account details.

Mar

Guest HardCharger

Hi All!

Since you guys have been on the network longer than I have, I was hoping you could give me some feedback. :lol:

How is the Addict mobile service when it comes to international roaming? Are the calls clear? Can you send and receive SMS with no problem?

I travel a lot for work and I hope that the service can match or even better my Globe subscription. I have not cut it yet just for this purpose. Wanna know that I can depend on it to deliver like I have been dependeing on Globe all this time.

If it makes a differnce, I travel around Asia, Europe, and the US. (So far)

I also experienced the call rerouting when you're even ONE day overdue. What's up with that? It's not like I won't pay them. Never had this problem with Globe. :x

Also, they constantly send you reminders when you exceed 50% of your limit. When you want to increase the limit so that they will stop buggin you, you still have to present a ot of documents as if you were applying for a new line. Since I travel a lot, this could be a problem. :D

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere here that there is different rate for GPRS if you use it overseas? :shock:

I apologize for the long post but the sooner I know the sooner I can make a decision on which line to cut or downgrade as maintaining 2 "business plans" is straining the budget. :oops:

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Guest mar9118

Openline mo na lang SAP mo and use Globe, mukhang mas internationally accepted ang style nila, and when it comes to roaming Globe is more widely accepted, look at my post sa taas nilipat ni grifter, grabe makasingil ng GPRS ang Smart, kaya ngayon Globe na rin ako and I will get rid of my SAP na and buy MPx200 in HK :lol: