[B]Battery[/B]

Guest mak

this has been discussed here and the verdict is that the SAP cannot be overcharged! there's a built-in mechanism that prevents it and it's better to charge lithium ion batteries before they are fully discharged, unlike nickle cadmium batteries, they don't have "memory". and they wear out faster if you deeply discharged them.

Regarding Batteries, i think this applies to all types as long as it has battery cells..... That is YOU SHOULD USE UP ALL CELLS BEFORE YOU FILL THE CELLS AGAIN. or in simple terms, BETTER NA I-EMPTY BAT talaga before charging. When you always charge kasi, some cells arent used up ang later on it gets damaged dahil the stored energy in that cell weakens.

Am not so technical in this but from experience, mas tumatagal ang bat pack ko kapag naempty bat b4 charge ko siya lagi.

Guest dinoalbert

you might regret doing that habit of totally emptying your batt before charging again. That only applies to batteries that has memory effect such as NiCd batts but for our batterries Li-Ion or Li-Polymer, you dont need to drain it first because these kinds of batts dont have memory effects. If you drain them more often, the battery life will shorten more easily.

I think I have posted this already before....anyway here it is again:

http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/General/Gen...Q.htm#Battery;%

20When%20is%20it%20best%20to%20recharge%20the%20it?

Battery; When is it best to recharge the it?

Who better to ask then GSBattery who manufactures Li-Ion cells? I

received this answer to my question;

Dear Dale,

Lithium ion does not suffer from any ill effects from constant

charging. However, in general, it is best to keep the battery

charged up when ever possible. You see, battery cycle life is

shortened by deep discharging, meaning that if you discharge the

battery fully, that has a greater long-term ill effect on the

battery than if you discharged it only 50% and then recharged it.

The best way to maximize the life of your cell is to avoid deep

discharges in general. Best of luck,

David Sugrue

GS Battery (USA) Inc.

This is the answer to the previous post suggesting the draining of

the battery occasionally.

yes, dino is right.

in addition, the chemical composition of li-ion and li-pi batteries are different from ni-cd and ni-mh. If you fully drain (deep discharges) the li-ion and li-pi batts, they will wear out sooner.

Guest dinoalbert

Smart 1.50 is really a headache....you need to downgrade first your rom to Smart 1.3.7 before upgrading again to iMate or Qtek.

they're talking about batterries here.... try to post in the appropriate thread :wink:

try here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=88509

or here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...der=asc&start=0

Guest Geeklord

may I add that it is also dangerous to overcharge your battery--to keep it plugged in after it has fully charged. I usually charge my battery everynight, and in some cases I would fall asleep while it is charging. Hence it will be left plugged for the entire night. the result was that my usb cable shorted around where it attatches to the phone. The result was that it wouldn't charge the phone anymore. I had to get a new cable. It was a good thing my SAP wasn't damaged. from my experience it takes the SAP around 1 to 2 hours (tops) to recharge from total drain.

In charging, I beleive there's a proper sequence of connection between the phone, usb sync and charger. I usually connect the "charging accessories" with the phone first before plugging (or energizing) the charger. Because I believe, the charger is more capable of handling "high in-rush current" that maybe damaging to the usb sync or the phone itself.

Guest virgil

As per confirmation with friends in Microsoft.

They said that its ok to charge the phone whenever possible--overcharging would not affect the hardware and software capabilities--it is equiped with internal power manager that monitors the phones battery capacity. This functionality stops the DC connector to transmit power supply to the battery.

so we shouldn't worry about overcharging. My friend even suggested to plug in my phone to a power supply when synchronizing, accessing GPRS, listening to Music MP3 , downloading /connecting to laptop etc. this will help the SAP to replenish the used power. Treat your SAP just like your regualar Laptop/notebook.

ciao Baby!

Guest lonerjam

so if the battery usually lasts a day and a half how many of you guys carry a spare? im planning to buy one kasi and im just thinking if its practical to own a spare. so that you dont have to worry about having a low batt when you want to play games, listen to your media player and watch some trailers. thanks. ;)

Guest chibako
so if the battery usually lasts a day and a half how many of you guys carry a spare? im planning to buy one kasi and im just thinking if its practical to own a spare. so that you dont have to worry about having a low batt when you want to play games, listen to your media player and watch some trailers. thanks.  :D

well it really depends on you... if most of the time you're in the office, you could just bring your charger like I do. But if you are always on the go, you could just get a car charger(if you drive your car, syempre! ;)) or the next option, getting a spare battery. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Is it true that there are batteries for our SAP being sold at smart wireless centers which lasts for 3 days? Just want to confirm the rumors I've heard before spending 1,500.00 para sa isang araw (or in my case 18 hours) battery life. Thanks!

Guest chia_7285

As for me, most of the time I bring my charger with me and every chance I get when I'm stationary I plug in my charger to charge my phone and evry night before I sleep it is left charging. Never had any problems though.

@virgil

Nice avatar Bro..... eli. ALIEN??!!

This is really an issue, my SPV usually last 17 to 20 hours of battery life. I just got my SPV last week and my ROM is the latest version 1.6.0.8 and I dont think theres even a slight improvement in battery life.