O2 Smartphone (new HTC model?)

Guest sebset

Guest midnight
As I mentioned before: This is a HTC Canary with Smartphone 2003. Not a new model!

not quite, its actually a model based on the voyager (e200), just has a shell that is more similar to the canary than the tanager/voyager, but does include integrated camera. Please note however that while the case is similar to the canary it isnt the same, and so it isnt just an excuse to get rid of canary shells :lol:

when HTC submitted the voyager model to FCC they sent 2 designs under the same model. (SV10A (e200) and SV10B (this other phone))

Alright folks, indeed there were 2 SP2003 models available from HTC, it is up to the OEMs which ID suits their market:

Charlotte:

similar in design to the first SPV (aka Canary) and dopod 515 but has SP2003, integrated camera, bluetooth and more memory

Voyager:

similar in design to the now SPVE200, with SP2003, integrated camera, bluetooth and more memory

The reason why you're seeing some old designs in new platform is to leverage some parts from the previous design, as creating a new ID requires a new set of tooling.

Note that both Orange and O2 Asia had decided to use the voyager design.

Cheers.

Picture2.jpg

Picture1.jpg

Guest kyrkesmith

Charlotte, does she still have the same screen as Canary? What about the chipping paint too?

Looks very nice in black, but I am almost certain it will come to the market in silver, again.

Very nice in black? it's AMAZING :lol:

Anyway - well yeah. we probably won't get to see this phone in real life even, a computer generated picture will have to suffice for my drooling..

Where did you find the codename??

Who cares about the Voyager? It still suffors from a lousy joystick IMHO the Canary pointing device is much better.

I want the Charlotte :-D

/Jakob

Where did you find the codename??

Who cares about the Voyager? It still suffors from a lousy joystick IMHO the Canary pointing device is much better.

I want the Charlotte :-D

/Jakob

Well put.

Thought I was alone with my dislike of the Voyager p-device. Bring back the good old "reliable" control pad...... :cry:

nixy

Yes Midnight - it is much improved to the E100 - absolutely!!

But after 2 weeks of testing of the E200 I liked coming back to my Canary pointing device - therefore I´d prefer the Charlotte to the E200.

/jakob

Guest midnight

fair enough, guess it depends on what you prefer, personally, i play/develop games so would probably prefer the joystick control method over the joypad method

Guest morpheus2702

I love how these things go in cycles:

February 2003: more info on the Tanager released, everyone mentioning 'much improved navigation control'

July 2003: E100 released, screen and joystick are the most mentioned improvements over the SPV

September 2003: E200 announced - again, 'much improved navigation'

November 2003: 'D-pad is better!' :lol:

Incidentally, what does the Voyager have - a D-pad or a joystick?

The E100 control stick was ALWAYS nasty and I have felt that from the begining.

I can understand where you are coming from and appreciate it's principle usefulness for game development and play Midnight.

I must admit, pacman type games and puzzles are where it copes well, but for precision movement and everyday phone use where importance of movement is paramount it is awfully clumsy.

For such a cool phone that has so much to offer I think its a damn shame they didnt research the ease of input that the original spv allowed and leave the controller well alone.

Nixy

"a phone is for life and not just for Christmas!"

• 2 months later...
Guest modfather

Here are some pics of the new model from HTC it is an e200 in the SPV original style...

maybe it suits some people... :shock: ?

doubt ill ever see it in the UK.

Jon B

Modfather

SV10A1.jpgSV10A2.jpgSV10A3.jpg

i know there is this other phone on the market and i do not debate that but the photos used do not show a real screen take a look at the black versions screen its a 2002 menu and the camera image on the first photo on the start is also not correct ,it would be nice to see original photos and not made up ones as this has been done the screen shots are not smartphone 2003 but 2002, and the first shot of the camera is well god knows not what you get on the e200 (menu at the bottom is wrong):wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest ultimasnake

Didnt we have a discussion about this on the forum already the phone that was shaped like an e100 (with a bit of a diffrence) but had the features of the e200? i will look for a linky :lol: