Help: New SPVs from Smart has v1.09 bootloader

Guest wolfman

Guest dinoalbert
nyek!  pasensya na po.  akala ko kc gusto na gawin public yung procedures eh.  sige tatanggalin ko na agad.

pakitanggal nalang...saka paalam ka muna sa author sir!

tinangal ko na sa site ko yung procedures. nilagay ko yon kasi nabasa ko sa previous post ni mar na ok lang daw i-share yung ginawa nya. dami kasi nagre-request sa kin kaya ko nilagay sa site ko para don na lang nila kukunin. siguro email ko na lang yung procedures ni mar don sa mga humihingi.

Guest SmartGuy

@Jomer,

Ok lang naman bigay sa iba ang procedure. Pero..pagingatan nga lang po. Syempre..we dont want to give it to unscrupulous hands who would want to use it for profit.

@

Ako nga mismo..I already have the procedure...di ko parin alam gamitin. hehe. Sa EB na lang ako magpapaunlock and downgrade para sure.

~ciao

jomer,

correction pare.u dont need to reinstall your apps after downgrading the bootloader.i did the same.naka-qtek ako.i downgraded the bootloader to .98.wala namang nangyari.

Guest Kenshin
Hi guys please PM me the procedure to backout from 1.06.

Another question: I have the I-mate 1.5 ROM. When i try to run the SAP 1.6 install it always refuses to do so as it doesn't recognize my phone. Reading thru the docs with the I-mate i noticed in says in bold letter that it deletes the "region info" of the phone being upgraded.  

Is this the reason for my being unable to upgrade to SAP 1.60 from I-mat 1.50? If so how can i make the upgrde work?

BUMP

Hope someone replies....

Guest mar9118
OFF TOPIC

Orange v1.63.00 ROM update leaked.

:arrow: http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=96481

:arrow: http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php...94735&start=240

pwede kaya to gamitin satin?

@Pzee

I tried this leaked ROM update already, it is a test ROM, may nakasulat "Test only not for sale" but same bootloader as the SAP 1.6 ibang version lang 1.10 (0.97 pa nga ang diagnostic nya) you upgrade and you're stuck with it, also naka apps lock, I don't recommend it, but the way out is still my procedure, just need a different header :wink:

Guest raidendb

guys help naman. my smartphone is stuck at the bootloader 1.09 screen... :lol: help naman guys on how to go about this problem. i was stupid to try downgrading my 1.6ver to 1.37 without any idea on what i am actually doing. it was already too late when i saw this forum. can someone help me with the unlocking procedure for the 1.6 rom ver.

Guest Icecold

To rayden

hey there tsong. to get out of the sticky situation you got yourself into :lol: . you got to do a hard reset. search the forums for instructions how to do one. or you can just bring your unit to smart so that they can do it for you. :wink:

Guest niej_23

hi guys, its my first time to post here... though iv been a member and a regular reader of your entries... pacencya na, desperado na kc kaya nagpost na ako.

I've been trying to look for a way to unlock my SMARTPhone (of course with the latest BL and ROM) but unfortunately, i cant find the procedure, much that i want to meet you guys, i cant coz im now in the US. I hope i could touch someone's heart there to email me the instruction on how to unlock my phone.

Also, i know this has been posted several times already, but can somebody expalin to me better the difference between a ROM and the Bootloader?! it kinda cofuses me a lot.

Lastly, do you know anybody who is using smartphone here in california?!

Hope to hear from you guys... thanks so much :wink:

Smart Phone w/ new ROM version 1.7.0.13

The latest SMART Amazing Phone software upgrade will provide you with the following benefits:

MSN Messenger Fix

20 to 30% Extended battery life

Action Engine Software

Amazing Explorer - (Smart Online, Establishment Finder, SSS Online)

Amazing Store

Smart Secure

(Check back regularly for more information on these great new features!)

Requirements:

Windows 98 / 2000 / XPActiveSync 3.6

USB Cable or Cradle

Available phone storage: 3MB

Power Cable

Upgrade Software

Winzip Software

Backup your device

Procedure:

Before doing any upgrade on the phone, Make sure that you have a backup of your personal phone information such as Contacts, Calendars, Messages, Tasks, etc. Backup can either be done via ActiveSync or by using the Action Backup utility on the phone.

This ROM upgrade should be done only on phones that have a current software version of 1.6.0.08 or lower. To check the version, Click Programs / Settings / About to see which ROM update is currently installed in your handset.

Download the upgrade software and save the file on your computer in your preferred location. Click Here to download the software.

Make sure that your SMART Amazing Phone is turned on and properly connected to the USB cable or cradle.

Your USB cable or cradle should be properly connected to your PC.

The Power cable should be connected properly to your USB cradle or cable and plugged in to a power source.

Be sure to synchronize your SMART Amazing Phone with your PC via ActiveSync before performing the installation.

Please take note that this software upgrade will erase phone entries such as contacts, messages, calendar entries, tasks and previously installed programs on the phone even without the hard reset - so don't forget your backup.

Unzip the upgrade software in the preferred folder on your PC and double click the executable file (.exe). Follow the instruction within the program to guide you through this process.

Disregard any instructions on the phone, such as, "Press any key to enter boot loader". Let the application go through the process in upgrading your phone. This upgrade process should take roughly 20 minutes.

Once you are done with the upgrade, remove the battery, afterwards replace the battery and perform a Hard reset on the phone.

Hard resetting your phone will remove all separately installed third-party applications and phone info such as contacts, messages, calendar entries, etc. This is done to ensure configurations on the new ROM will properly be put into place. A hard reset will also help eliminate unused data, which may be inhibiting the performance of your Phone.

Hard reset steps:

Press and hold record button then press power button until "press any key to enter bootloader" appears, then press and hold Action key about two seconds to enter Erase IPSM screen.

Select or press "8" to Erase IPSM.

After IPSM erase is finished, you will see "passed" message appears. Remove battery, wait for 30 seconds before re-attaching it. Your phone has now been reset.

Turn on the phone. Initial boot of the phone will take slightly longer than usual. Auto configuration will take place upon entering windows, let it complete then press Ok to restart the phone.

The phone will boot normally, Check if your phone was upgraded to a higher version, click Programs / Settings / About. Your phone should have the Radio Version 1.31.20, ROM version 1.7.0.13

Restore your personal phone information on the newly upgraded handset from your backup files. For ActiveSync simply synchronize your phone with your PC. For Action Backup, Use the new Smart Secure utility to restore all your info back to your phone.

Congratulations you are done!

Guest joeyboy

Hay, Seems di ko na talaga mapaplitan ung Smart ROM ko....

I'll read ur posts nlng about those foreign ROM's kc feeling ko di ko na masusubukan.

Ayaw kna i-experiment ung SPV afterwhat happened last time, kc natakot ako mawala ung laman ng phone ko

Mamatay nlng ako sa inggit, huhuhuhuhu

Guest joeyboy

Actually, the new Smart ROM doesnt semm to look so bad after all.

Tama nga si Virgil, been playing mp3's and games and my battery keeps on going...and going....