Help: New SPVs from Smart has v1.09 bootloader

Guest wolfman

Guest kintsay

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Have all our prayers been answered? All this suspense is killing me.

Hope to hear the great news within the next few hours.....

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Guest florin_m

First conclusions:

Password work ok, after enter the password the lock code can be read again.

The QFS command has been changed.

Now only 3 options:

format, save, restore

The SD card format has been changed too. Now working to see how to make the old cards to be accepted.

I'll keep you informed.

@*

i've finally gotten rid of Smart's 1.06 ROM! i was able to load a different ROM to my smartphone. it worked great, recognized the phone, erased the IPSM, completed loading the new software.... and now i've got a dead set phone, as in DEAD!

i may have erred in doing some things though (rather simple and careless errors) and i haven't really given yet on getting rid this ROM. will send my unit back to Smart, get a new one and try it again, and hopefully not end with a paperweight again.

will update you.

Guest dewslat

@sonborj

Challenge accepted.. working on it right now.. i loaded the SMART1.6 today.. post you if any improvements...

sonborj, I think your one of those SMART(network) guy are you?..

Guest dewslat

so far, so bad.. but, its fine..

@florin

ey, dude, i already know somtin about the codes.. they're not even encrypted.. i dont think that having the codes is significant, or am i wrong? i really don't know where i am heading? whats wdata and rbmc all about? does this mean, you can write or modify somtin on the ROM or will this enable you to update? haven't tried it yet cuz im a bit tired right now(its 3AM in the morning!!!).. can you PM me on what you got.. pls, i will gamble on trying it.. ;)

@arisme,

my method was even less secure as it killed the phone. but i think i figured it out already, thanks to Mr florin. i can probably do a succesful downgrade but i don't think i should do it with this replacement unit.

if there's a brave soul willing to try it, just pm me and i'll let you know how i did it...

Guest kintsay

Keep it up guys!!! =D>

Though Im only a newbie, I must admire the unselfish efforts given by each members.

I'm hopeful that we can have the final procedure in unlocking this b***.

More power....

Everyday, I look for this thread just to check for any developments of unlocking the new ROM released by SMART. My sister's at the edge of her seat waiting for her SAP to be downgraded.

I really appreciate the hard work you guys are putting up on this. Keep it up!!! :)

Guest sonborj

@*

Hey guys! it just hit me.... we should secure this topic/thread.. sayang lahat ng pagod nila florin , rodnav, dewslat dahil once we get to downgrade this 1.09 bootloader and publish the steps, ang mga SCI techies will read it and then release bootloader 2.0 na! hehehehe.