Help: New SPVs from Smart has v1.09 bootloader

Guest wolfman

Guest SmartGuy

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your efforts in making this work. My hands are really itching on getting my new SAP but this latest upgrade is kinda depressing.

Good to know you guys are there for us NEWBIES!!!

Good luck to you GENIUSES OF SMARTPHONES!

~ciao

Guest kintsay

Ey, just read what happened to dewslat, tsk tsk tsk, guess he will no longer enjoy the SIM card prize.... any other challengers here??? :-k

@florin_m, rodnav, and all other enthusiast, hope to hear your updates on this.... hope we can finally shout EUREKA !!!!

:)/ :(/ :D/ :lol:/ :lol:/ :lol:/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

Guest mar9118

Hey guys, I was able to find a way to outsmart SMART....they came out with a garbage 1.6.0.08 ROM update which has no other purpose but to make sure our SAP are SIM lock again and stays that way, not even fixing the SMS counter issue and does not even have a "delete all message" function, claiming improved battery performance which the Qtek and i-mate already had, I am sick and tired of being restricted and not being able to enjoy freedom....if you happened to be stuck with this ROM version and want a way out PM me for more details....cheers!

FINALLY!!.

i tried mar9118's method after PM'ing him, and it does indeed work.

This method allows you to get rid of the 1.6 ROM and revert back to a previous ROM.

I was able to follow the instructions and revert back to the SAP 1.37 rom update.

I really appreciate the work you guys are putting in so that people like me dont end up with paper weights.

THANKS guys!...keep up the great work

Guest spv_dman

As suggested by other forum members, please keep a low profile about this downgrade procedure and don't post anything in public. As far as I know, smart has locked the SAP because it's the sole distributor of the tanagers here in the Philippines and has exclusive rights to it. They've paid serious amount of money in doing so. If this info goes to the wrong hands specially to those offering unlocking services specially at greenhills, they'll be earning unjustly at the expense of smart. Just a thought. :)

Guest dinoalbert
Posted from my SmartPhone!

sir mar pls help me with new ROM. i cant send the PM. thanks

@virgil,

kala ko OK sayo yang new Rom? Gusto mo na rin tanggalin?

Guest mlkanapi

@ all,

Count me in as another successful unlocking/ downgrading from 1.6.0.08.

I had problems getting back to 1.3.7.8 and the phone was acting as if you were trying to downgrade a 1.5 by being stuck in the Amazing screen.

I decided to try IMate 1.5 and SUCCESS!!!! :wink: :shock: :( :D :) 8)

Many Thanks to mar9118... All the credit belongs to him. :!:

Guest mar9118
As suggested by other forum members, please keep a low profile about this downgrade procedure and don't post anything in public.  As far as I know, smart has locked the SAP because it's the sole distributor of the tanagers here in the Philippines and has exclusive rights to it.  They've paid serious amount of money in doing so. If this info goes to the wrong hands specially to those offering unlocking services specially at greenhills, they'll be earning unjustly at the expense of smart. Just a thought.  :)

@spv_dman,

I agree with you that we should keep a low profile on this but I will be more than willing to help those who are stuck with this garbage ROM.

Smart came out with a supposed latest ROM update with nothing but to get our phone locked permanently, I think this is not what we all expected.

I don't mind having my phone locked because I am a Smart user since they started offering their first e-tacs phone, but to install a supposed latest ROM with no improvements at all (SMS counter problem which I even complained to Smart Wireless Center, "ding" sound still present even in silent mode when entering recepient name while composing a message and no features of the i-mate or Qtek ROM included like the delete all message feature) is something I cannot accept, I will not go to all the trouble to get rid of this ROM had Smart at least considered our needs.

To all Smart people (except spv_dman :wink: ) who are monitoring this thread, put yourself in our shoes and tell us how you feel if you get cheated like that :cry:

Please come out with a real latest ROM update with new features and improvements and you will not hear a word from me.

Best regards,

@*

i agree completely with SPV_dman. let's not share this info publicly. Not only to smart but also to those who unlock SAP's for a fee in greenhills (these people are robbing people to downgrade their SAP's at 1,500 pesos!!!)

you're right! we should keep that within ourselves because i believe that Smart will be smarter the next time they come up with their new ROM.

WHAAAAAHHHHH! just wana get rid of this 1.6 ROM! :x

i PM'd mar but no response yet.

SMART's a F***

-asdfgh-

Guest spv_dman
@*

i agree completely with SPV_dman. let's not share this info with publicly. Not only to smart but also to those who unlock SAP's for a fee in greenhills (these people are robbing people to downgrade their SAP's at 1,500 pesos!!!)

Give these greenhills technicians the wrong info that will make a deadset out of their unlocking tactics, so they'll pay dearly for being greedy. :x

I was one of those unfortunates who upgraded to v1.09 kasi stuck na din ako sa v1.05. I'll be waiting for the next EB para mapa downgrade ko sa inyo to. Keep up the good work guys. Bilib ako sa inyo! Hindi nyo pinatagal yung bagong rom ng smart!

Guest aldousbee

@rodnav, spv_dman

I agree with you, we should keep a low profile on this things... pero with regards to the greenhills thing.. baka naman me taga greenhills dito? heh heh... siguro we can just make these "unlocking" tricks limited to EBs na lang.

on the other hand... kung me taga greenhills din dun... makukuha nya ang tricks.

Guest Brigoli

hi mar! this is brigoli. i have a friend who's stuck with the 1.6 bootloader. heard you were successful in downgrading. can i ask for the procedure? thanks ha!

cris