[UPDATED: 8/10/2003] Copy and Paste software v1.1

Guest maxh2003

Anyone have any views on which keys the functions should be mapped to? I think 4, 5 and 6 work pretty well because all three functions are in a nice straight line, plus the '5' reminds you (or me, at least) of the five-second select-what-you-like mode. But if anyone has a better idea?  

Coming late to this discussion, so you might not want to change now.

However, I'd suggest using 1, 2 and 3 for cut, copy & paste respectively, as that is what Smart Explorer uses for the same functions WRT files.

Guest maxh2003

IIRC, X-Bar already maps 1, 2 and 3 to (can't remember what). So I can't use those without

a) getting Xetra's co-operation (which from previous posts he's clearly more than happy to offer :() , and

:D replacing the functions on buttons 1, 2 and 3.

I don't really want the normal X-Bar operations changing because it's TOO DAMN GOOD as it is! My phone would be next-to-useless without X-bar, IMO... :)

Shift Plugin :)

i try to simplify use of the clipboard mode with xbar

copy the shift.exe into your xbar folder

and make a 0 shortcut to this

when xbar is on screen,

press 0 and keep it pressed

left/right to select your text

unpress it and the selection is copied

same : xbar and 0+end_call to paste text

xbar and 0+up or down to fast scroll

i can add new thinks to all shift (xbar + 0) key (tell me what you need)

but i have a problem to add select all (CTRL A)

Xet'

shift.zip

Still can't get this to work :) I have tried to rename xbar folder (with or without hyphen), tried recreating the shotcuts.

I get the following message everytime

'Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename'

Any other help?

And where is this shift plug in???

Guest maxh2003

Shift.exe - that's a cute way of doing it :-) though I'm going to stick to my own apps for the time being :)

But Xetra, I found CTRL-A didn't work either. Seems MS just didn't code it in. So my copy-all program does this:

Hold down CTRL

Press + release HOME

Hold down SHIFT

Press + release END

Release CTRL and SHIFT

- and then copy. Hope that helps...

• 9 months later...
Guest maxh2003
Did xbar add this in?

IIRC it's in the paid version (version 2.0), along with a bunch of other nice tweaks and so on. Strongly recommended :-)

I can't think of a single reason why the old "plugins" I wrote for Xbar v1 shouldn't work though; they were very simple programs and, I reckon, should run fine on WM2003 phones...

• 3 months later...

Great app, however cant get the copy/paste to work properly on my sp3i (WM2000SE) however I have found iMenu on airfagev that allows copy/paste alot easier than xbar, however it selects all the text and there is no option to choose selected info.

Using pocketnotepad found again on airfagev I found it easy to select and copy text I wanted and then with iMenu paste into any program.

rgds

jim

Nice work Xe't! Hope you can find a way to copy information in the contacts, because I found difficulty in sending business cards. Unlike Nokia, SPV has no capability of sending business cards via sms.

Found RJV Send Contact on Airfagev that allows you to send contacts detaila via sms, however its not sent as a business card.

Hope that helps

rgds

jim