1.6 Update when?

Guest theodotcom

Guest spacecowboy6982

Good idea Morpheus.

But dont you guys ever get the feeling that an update for the E-200 is going to appear quicker than one for the SPV/E-100's ? Orange have responded very quickly by their standards in addressing the "return issue". It appears to me that Microsfot and Orange have jumped on the "Windows Mobile" bandwagon :roll:

spacecowboy

I only hope this is not GANG Band WaGON!!

HOnest this problem with SPV and Win2002 reminds me good old time with WIndows 3.1 (full of bugs, unreliable, 100x reset needed, blue screen and many more!!!)

Guest mantrac

>> Errr... Mantrac, have you actually used an Original SPV with 1.5?

To be honest, I haven'... I don't know where to get hold of it and I would not want to install it if it means that I'd have to hack my bootloader and write OS images back and forth...

Is it an easy process? Can you point me to some forum post that describes what to do??

Cheers!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Pondrew
>> Errr... Mantrac, have you actually used an Original SPV with 1.5? 

To be honest, I haven'... I don't know where to get hold of it and I would not want to install it if it means that I'd have to hack my bootloader and write OS images back and forth...

Is it an easy process? Can you point me to some forum post that describes what to do??

Cheers!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Wish I could Mantrac. My original SPV came back from a warranty repair with Rom 1.5.0.29 (apparently the same as new E100s) but don't know how they did it or if it can be done elsewhere.

The thread it was discussed in is here

In the thread Broeren79 reckoned that any local Orange 'service point' could update it for you. Maybe a mod can tell you more...

Edit: Scratch that, Broeren79 is in the Netherlands so unless you happen to be paying a visit there it's probably not gonna help :oops:

Guest awarner [MVP]

eldavs

Unless you are on the Smart network the update is usless as it SIM locks

the phone. It is also normal to have free upgrades as the upgrades are

there to fix problems found on the phone.

Guest azamsaghir

MSN Messenger software update according to the Orange website has been revised as follows:

'Orange have taken all steps to minimise any impact to customers and are committed to delivering innovative communications capabilities. We plan to distribute the software fix for this in December 2003.'

Source: http://web.orange.co.uk/yourphone/e100/?ma...phone.e100&rd=1

Regards

Azam

Guest spacecowboy6982

Well I think theyve come across this thread and an apology has been made. They cant do more than that I guess.Maybe Mr Orange pointed it out to them ? Question is - why do all the E-200's MSN work and the SPV/E-100's dont :?: DIfferent software build perhaps :?:

spacecowboy

Well I think theyve come across this thread and an apology has been made. They cant do more than that I guess.Maybe Mr Orange pointed it out to them ?

spacecowboy

Well i dont think it was an apology made for the delay of the update becuase i was on that page yesterday afternoon and it had the exact same message but the date said mid november, so all they did was change the date!

Guest spacecowboy6982
Different OS's mate. E200 is WM2003.
D'oh - I was still drunk from last night - shocking hangover :shock:

Well i dont think it was an apology made for the delay of the update

Orange webpage quote : "We, together with Microsoft, are very sorry for the resulting service disruption."

If thats not good enough for you, dont know what is mate :lol:

spacecowboy

I dont want to say too much until after tomorrow. But........having done what someone mentioned this morning..regarding going through the "escalation route" with Orange......i can tell you it has got us a result to our spv e100 non working msn problem etc.

I have been treated more than fairly and have had my faith in the old dog refurbished totally.

Having spoken to a rep within the escallation dept and having gone over the whole problem of being totally fed up with waiting for my E100 to be sorted.....(i am sick and tired of waiting and not having the msn working...etc)....I have been offered a brand new replacement "early" upgrade phone of similar spec different manufacturer but with everything working including msn.

I have yet to check the new phone to decide wheather I will except it as an early upgrade as it wont be here till tomorrow but to be actually taken seriously enough and to have someone from Orange phone us back is a breath of fresh air.

I have been very unhappy with the whole spv fiasco lately and have been more than ready to pull every one of our phones (well over 7) from the network in the new year because of the unanswered emails... the being put on hold.....being cut off and led around the garden path and to have witnessed the release of the new E200 whilst the rest of the E100 fraternity have been left to suffer with no help at all.

But I am begining to realise that if at first you dont succeed then try try again....with maybe a different cause of action.

I look forward to recieving the new phone tomorrow and hope it isnt going to be a case of better the devil you know.

All I really wanted to type on here is that maybe if you are reading this and are considering throwing the towel in with Orange over a problematic SPV E100 and the discraceful way its been dealt with; it might just be beneficial if you phone up and try the same route if all else fails.

It seems to have worked for us.

Orange it would seem maybe damn slow at releasing updates and being naff at replying to emails and leaving existing customers in the rain etc......BUT....

GOOD LUCK

nixy

Guest terryjacobs

May I ask how to get in contact with escalation? I have been put in contact with "Corrospondance dept." and they are crap by access only via mail/fax to which 8 weeks later i have no reply still!

All I can say is exactly what we did and what I was told.

You phone up 156 and ask to speak to someone as high as possible. YOU MUST EXPLAIN/INSIST THAT YOU WISH TO TAKE THE ESCALLATION ROUTE.

This is effectively where you go through Orange "higher and higher" in an attempt to get an unsolved issue resolved.

We tried and exhausted ALL other avenues before doing this and this WAS the last port of call.

nixy

App unlocked it in 10 seconds via a nice downloaded cab file.

Incidently.....anyone any ideas what exactly is supposed to be in the package with a new Mx200 as i dont seem to have been given much. All that came this morning was one box with the phone, battery and battery back and another box with a charger in it.

I recived NO sync cable...no software....no booklet no headphones....call me greedy but i dont feel too impressed. Or is it that the spv that has made me want the earth....(now THAT came with everything didnt it!!)

Its a nice phone as everything works beautifully. Windows media player is perfect and does not seem to need to buffer at all totally unshaky movie clips and music videos..sound playback even on voice calls is amazing clarity is most impressive........MSN messenger works no problems.........menus fly like crazy...havent seen egg timer as yet.....even has sim manager.(with sms save options!).....IA software.....task manager.....loads of stuff all on rom by the look of it...

what can i say......good old Moto.............its got the most infectous and impressive set of ring tones I have ever heard....its got a sample of the chap saying "hello moto"...from their advert and then some neat hip hop?? music after it.

havent had chance to look under the bonnet yet...but it must be an upgraded rom version. Its certainly "still" 2002 rom. But with some serious and I mean SERIOUS kick butt improvements and tweaks.

I miss the camera though which is a shame as it would have made this 100 percent perfect in my opinion.

Anyway........

nixy

Guest donniebrasco

Think I'll try upgrading early to the MOTO then, my SPV just went in for repair and my brother needs a xmas pressie .... I get a moto and he can have the old SPV. He'll just use it for text and MP3.

BTW is the moto 8-way. I use pocket scumm alot and will be wanting to play sam n max on it.

Hello Moto 8)

have a feeling it aint....but as yet havent had chance to test it out.

will get back to you on that....am at present wondering how I can get home skins etc to work properly.

It would seem that there is a registry or file difference in comparison to the spv E100 as skins either dont appear at all or seem to be screwed up.

Am going to have a delve around and find out whats up.

Guest morpheus2702

Well lets get set for tomorrow guys...

Mr Orange says that he will have information for us then

Paul is implying it will be earlier than January

My only worry is the mods are no longer telling us to 'be patient'. :wink: