1.6 Update when?

Guest theodotcom

Guest goinnuts

we're goin all out this xmas new handstes new data tariffs new rom updates. just dont expect much in the new year o gonna be tired. oh microsoft lady who visits our store, said something about a new phone being released around feb. built in cam, bluetooth.

Guest awarner [MVP]
If they somehow mess up their phone, we send it in repair for software flash and they can start over again if they like. We even don't charge anything for the software flash, because after all, they help us to develop working software.

Not that simple, remember it is possible to kill your phone and damage

the bootloader while upgrading. No flashing will work if you have managed

to do that, you just end up with an expensive paperweight to look at.

And that's before you start to look at any legal implicationsred tape with releasing an update.

Guest spacecowboy6982
oh microsoft lady who visits our store, said something about a new phone being released around feb. built in cam, bluetooth.

The all new Motorola MPx220 :!:

spacecowboy

@awarner:

How do you mean, damaging the bootloader? with a normal update, you don't change the bootloader, do you? Can't you upgrade a ROM without upgrading the bootloader? With a pocket pc you can do that, so why should it be different with a smartphone?

No offence, but I'm just curious :)

Guest Richie M
@awarner:

How do you mean, damaging the bootloader? with a normal update, you don't change the bootloader, do you? Can't you upgrade a ROM without upgrading the bootloader? With a pocket pc you can do that, so why should it be different with a smartphone?

No offence, but I'm just curious :)

No, when you run a ROM upgrade for the Smartphone platform it includes a bootloader and you have no option to exclude it.

Guest bobroberts

Well it's now the 13th November... is the 1.6 update still due for a Nov 15th release? How did the testing go with the mods? Does anyone have any other news?

Cheers

Neil

Guest Richie M
As for the release date of the update, AFAIK Orange havent given an official release date therefore i dont know where the 15th November came from 

AFAIK Orange are expecting to be able to release this Mid to late November, but it all depends how long the certification signing takes (which is unfortunately out of Oranges hands)

Taken for the 1.6 discussion in the News forum http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...94735&start=210

I phoned Orange this morning at Saturday 15th Nov @ 8.20am regarding the new update.

Orange have given out to staff the date of 19th Nov. as the release date.

Sounds 100% according to the chap I spoke to.

Oh well 4 days to go.

nixy

I phoned Orange this morning at Saturday 15th Nov @ 8.20am regarding the new update. Orange have given out to staff the date of 19th Nov. as the release date.

Does anybody know if this UK 6.0 update can be downloaded and installed for NL users? Definitely wanna speed up my SlowPhoneVersion asap!

Pleae reply if anybody got a clue... Oh, one other thing: if it IS possible to update abroad... Do I need to mind my GPRS, MMS, and other settings??

Thx,

Martijn

mbro

I think u can update with EN version but all your setting for mms and gprs and wap u will have to set on you own... u will find this on orange web page.

But I belive u will have preete soon NL version!!!!

Guest awarner [MVP]

What farse are you refering to?

Remember 98 etc are no longer supported so depending what you are after

ie modem etc it unlikely matters will improve for you. :lol:

Guest spacecowboy6982

The last UK update would not install using Win98, but only Win XP.

I think that is what was meant.

Correction - I installed it via 98' - then got my 3 year upgrade on my PC and run XP now. I think your refering to the Sim Unlock - 2000/XP was the only OS that could do this.

spacecowboy

Guest PritenC

I think Windows 2000 server was much better, not the "flashness" of XP but a lot more stable than the XP I got in 2001I think Windows 2000 server was much better, not the "flashness" of XP but a lot more stable than the XP pro I got in 2001