1.6 Update when?

Guest theodotcom

Guest krankie

I've noticed in a lot of places this update is now being referred to as the "1.6 update for E100" rather than just "1.6 update". Can anyone confirm whether or not it is compatible with the original Canary SPV?

What about the E100 screen driver issue that apparently made one of the updates already in circulation incompatible with the original spv. I read within the MoDa-Forum somewhere that only scecific updates written for the E100 will work for the E100 and only that model.

Will track down the thread.

Maybe the update has been written for both.

nixy (confused)

Guest midnight

that was a qtek update wasnt it (or imate or something)? and they only sell the e100, and so dont have to include drivers for the original spv, Orange on the other hand sold both, so have to make the update work on both :lol:

For my 10 pence worth.

1). Did it come to Orange a surprise that Microsoft made this change?

Yes or No?

2). If Yes then that show a real commercial lack of effort between both MS and Orange...

3). if No then they why didn't they have the matter in hand earlier,

did they make the correct effort to resolve the issue?

Yes or No?

4). Yes they have worked flat out on a resolve goto point 1)...

5). No they couldn't be bothered it's only data calls...

Guest midnight

are you talking about MSN?

if so, i think it even came as a surprise to Microsoft, never mind Orange. From what i heard, they had to change all the security around MSN because an exploit was found, MS had to fix this quick, which meant that all services requiring MSN suffered as a result. I dont think anyone is to blame here, its just one of those things that happens. Someone correct me if i'm wrong by the way, i only heard it was a security issue on the grapevine so to speak :lol:

right. getting a replacement spv for my one which is stuck in headset profile tonight. is it worth me sticking all my software back on it now or should i wait till the 1.6 is out (which will wipe everything right?). anyone fancy giving me a clue how much longer? days, weeks...? :?

obviously i could spend all night sorting it out, reinstalling everything, that way, due to the Law of Sod the 1.6 update would come out tomorrow :roll: :lol: i'll do what i can guys...

To whom it may concern.......

Come 19th @ 12.01am I am going to be one of two things.

1. Ecstatic....along with quite a lot of other spv owners.

2. Highly...erm......embarassed..........and will take holiday.....

nixy

Guest statscat

sadly not :lol: (in my mind ...you did say current thinking)

especially not after code leaks ........ leaks always delay launches :roll:

I guess End of Nobember/End of December is more likely given the happenings of the weekend, that kind of stuff has it effects

I am confident it WILL be available in the morning although as someone near me just pointed out........it is probably more likely to be uploaded onto O-site later in the early hours

Am guessing that around 5am we'll see a result.

I am confident it WILL be available in the morning although as someone near me just pointed out........it is probably more likely to be uploaded onto O-site later in the early hours

Am guessing that around 5am we'll see a result.

I think the last update was on the Orange site from about 11am.

There won't be anyone in Orange putting it on the site at 5am ! LOL :lol:

Guest Richie M

](*,) This thread is getting stoopid :roll:

Just to repeat myself, there is no release date for the UK 1.6 update at the moment :!:

I'm sorry to say, but the people posting saying that they are in the know are NOT #-o

The UK 1.6 update will definitly NOT be released today :!:

People please stop posting dates, you are not helping [-X

Oranges official line is still, Mid - Late November, and as its gone past the Midway point of November i'd imagine we are looking nearer Late November :lol:

Rest assured we will post a release date as soon as one is known, so please stop all the speculation :!:

Guest stevewright

I, and I imagine many others on this forum, have an email address @orange.net so I get a text message everytime I get an email.

MoDaCo can send emails when threads are updated. See where I'm going?!?

If you start a thread (say, "1.6 is ready!") and lock it straight away, we all view it and use "watch this topic for replies", then a moderator can put a post in there with the magic link, and we all get a text message telling us!

Plausible?

Guest morpheus2702

No disrespect to you Richie, but in the absence of any information from anyone on the update, people should be free to speculate as to when it will be appearing.

You say the update won't be appearing today - based on what information? I'd be grateful if you (or anyone else in 'the know' for that matter) shared it with us.

Oranges official line is still, Mid - Late November, and as its gone past the Midway point of November i'd imagine we are looking nearer Late November 

Doesn't that qualify as speculation too? :wink:

I have never seen any official announcement about the update being released on the 19th, and nobody here in Orange has made any changes to the original date of the 15th november.

So it could be anyday, sometime, soon, maybe, never, who knows ?? :lol:

Guest Richie M
No disrespect to you Richie, but in the absence of any information from anyone on the update, people should be free to speculate as to when it will be appearing.

You say the update won't be appearing today - based on what information?  I'd be grateful if you (or anyone else in 'the know' for that matter) shared it with us.

Doesn't that qualify as speculation too? :wink:

:lol: i know it wont be today because that is what i've been told by the people dealing with the update :)

I have given all the information i am able to give at the moment, and remember we are beta testing this update and therefore "in the know" and in contact with the people who know ;)

:( yeah you could say my comments could be classed at speculation, but as Mid - Late November is the official statement from Orange it doesnt look like its gonna Mid November does it? :)

As i've already said, Orange cannot give a firm date for release until they get the update back from HTC & NSTL after its been certified.

.....I for one am bloody fuming having actually listened to the info I was given last week regarding the date of the 1.6 release.

I guess at the end of the day I should have learnt by now how these things work.

I am also feeling pretty damn stupid having passed on what I was told was 100% release date of 19th November. I am no different from anyone else: in that I am pretty exited at obtaining said update, but the lesson I have learnt today is "unless it is in writing then dont go spouting off about anything."

Sorry to all those concerned.

Regards

nixy

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm getting frustrated by the lack of reliable information on when we can get this update. It's approaching a year since I bought my SPV, and I'm still waiting for a minor software update to make the thing do what I bought it for, i.e. receive calls without randomly sending people directly to answerphone, allow me to make calls reliably and useable GPRS functionality.

Mr. Orange, are you still here? Can you comment?

what i would like to know is ...are there any legal angles on this as i feel i have been sold a faulty product....

if it was any other product you would be entitled to something from the company that sold you the product....replacement...compensation...

i did complain to orange about paying for the gprs bundle and that i couldnt use the full function of it and that i wasnt happy about paying for it..they offerd me a credit for the £4 gprs bundle so get on it chaps and chapets..they make enough cash from us lets get some back....

right on ....power to the people as wolfey would say