An0 maS 0kaY! N6600 or SPV1

Guest jAy_R

Guest grifter

I got to play with a 6600. My gf's bro bought one.

Here's a short bullet-type review: :)

- The design sucks (looks like a big tamagotchi)

- nice that it has BT

- 2X zoom is a nice feature but using it degrades the picture quality (see samples below)

- picture quality is more or less same as the SAP's. The only difference is that it has nightmode and portrait. And it doesn't have the pinkish hue of the SAP's pics especially indoor ones.

- the camera is faster since it is internal

- video capture (with audio) is decent

- MMC expandability

- TFT screen is the same or even better than the SAP's (same 176x220 res i think)

- keypad and joystick are sturdy/solid

- polytones still suck. (sounds like an AM radio)

- no data/sync cable port (as far as i can tell)

- BT file transfer is a pain! You cannot view the pic and tones folder on the phone and do a copy/paste. you have to do it one by one. Unless you install the PC Suite I guess.

- Nice implementation of Themes.

- bulky

- Battery is still Lithium Ion for crying out loud!

- Battery life kinda sucks too. hehe...

- good that it has screen brightness control unlike the sap.

- clock screen saver when in standby mode

Well, that's all I have seen in my 2 hours or so of playing with it. :(

I hope this will help you guys decide.

Guest crosswind

Guys,

I have visited one of the cellphone stores here in Nepo Mall, Angeles City and if you are asking the price of it, it costs P27,900. I don't know how much it costs on other stores. I did test the phone and the screen looks good, it's bright like the SAP and the screen resolution is better compared to SAP.

27,900??? i bet my @$$ na SPAMba rin sa 10,000 yan.kawawa naman yung mga bumili nyan ngayon.lumabas na kasi yung 7600 at 7700.(i posted a link to these two).check it na lang if you haven't

Guest kapitan jackal

nakita ko na rin yung B6600 sa rob place, medyo matikas ang itsura (compare to 3650 at 7650) mas gusto ko itsura nito.

@grif- ano mas mahaba batt life? sap or 6600?

mas malinaw daw pics ng 3650 kesa sa 6600 eh :-? pics taken from ah, not the reso.

Guest grifter

@kap,

most likely same lang sila. I'll ask my gf's bro. Kelangan din ma-condition yung 6600 batt niya diba?

i'll check in a few weeks.

as for the pics, almost same lang sila ng 3650/7650. I think mas matingkad lang ang colors ng pics taken from 3650/7650.

Guest casperr

6600 has a longer batt life than SAP

I really want to abandon my SAP na kaso that 6600 is still mono, kakainis.

Anyhow, the sendo x is coming soon, that one is what i will be getting

Guest sweetyls

*mejo delayed reaction*

i think what makes sap a winner (for me) is the compatibility of its programs with the PC. in the same line, its probably easier to develop applications for sap kasi halos parallel platform with pocket pc. so mas madaling maghanap ng games and stuff that you can easily download... =)

N6600 is okay. Sayang lang yung tin can sound nya.

Guest kapitan jackal

bago pa lang ang windows based na mobile phone. mas madami pa ring apps/programs/etc sa symbian

taob sap sa bokia 6230 (tama ba?) maliit, mmc, stereo, HF speaker, BT, cam. in short, mas maganda sa 6600. pati se naoober-take an na ng bokia :)

spv2!! lumabas ka na!!!!