NEW!!ROM UPGRADE version 1.6.0.08 SmartPhone available

Guest virgil

Guest runab0ut

where could i find a list of features na meron ang Qtek? drat... na-upgrade ko na eh. (kasi feeling ko i won't switch networks na... for a long time cguro. :( ) if these roms have the proper and (needed) features... then smart may not be doing its proper service or not having enough dough to upgrade their current running software on its SAPs. dapat tumatambay pala ako ng matagal sa forum na to read up on the other roms, oh well... life sucks.

establishment finder? sheesh... why waste more money on gprs connections when you could just ask that mama sa kanto or that cigarette boy, or your ka-cubicle sa office! :)

Had my SAP upgraded from the SMART website. Hirap download, ang tagal! anyway, nakuha ko rin. Tingnan ko pa kung hahaba nga battery life nya. Pero, I had to reinstall some of my apps/software. Hindi bumalik yung iba after hotsyncing. Buti na lang may file ako dito to have it reinstalled. I had to be loyal to SMART, sim-locked talaga! Kaya hindi ko mabitiwan isang phone (T610) ko na sim-locked naman sa GLOBE kahit gusto ko ng ibenta. (Kelangan datung...he, he, he)

IMO, although it hasn't been proven yet,... (kung totoo man...) the best reason to upgrade (at least for us 1.5 users) is the promised 20 to 30 percent increase in battery life.

Guest aldousbee

hmmm.. bakit kaya hindi natin gawin scientific ang approach? i-plot natin ang battery life ng different ROM versions.

para objective ang dating.. heh heh

Guest grifter

@aldousbee,

that's not gonna be accurate either since battery life also depends on the applications you run and how much you use your phone.

if you want, what you can do is to put your SAP on a table, make sure it has a good signal (full bar) then just leave it there. Don't even light up the screen. Then see how many days it'll last for each ROM version. :)

hello! :)

ask lang po ako kung saan natin to mada-download ang latest na ROMs nga mga ito?

-IMATE

-QTEK

-EUROTEL

Meron bang mga instructions kung papano to ipa-flash?

or baka meron nang thread para dito?

thank you po sa inyo... :(

saan ko naman mada-download ang mga ROMs nito....

pwedeng i-post ang link? :)

tsaka yung link sa thread about "HowTos"?

salamat binky_p sa 'yong reply.... :(

Guest sweetyls
@grifter

exactly! that's what I'm going to do.  

no app... maghapon lang sa table. then siguro we can try yung mga pagpapatakbo ng apps/ calling.

you were able to do this?! parang hirap to resist the temptation to play with your phone.

btw, daya! i'm stuck with a 1.6 rom! :?

Guest chibako
@aldousbee,

you remind me of chibako

hehehe! is that because of the avatar? :) ako nga din e. pag nakikita yung avatar ni aldousbee, kala ko akin yung post! hahaha! :( pati ako nalilito na... :D :lol: :lol:

Guest grifter
you were able to do this?! parang hirap to resist the temptation to play with your phone.

btw, daya! i'm stuck with a 1.6 rom! :?

self control lang yan sweetyls! :)

i don't know if this is the right thread but if we're talking about battery life, the xbar app has a meter that measures the drain in battery of our phones. it's accessed by pressing 3 when xbar is active. i'm currently using smart's 1.6 rom (fyi, i upgraded my replacement unit to fully test out this ROM until my real unit is repaired) and with 0 apps running, full bar in the signal, with 512 mb sd card the measured drain is 156 mAmp. try it your ROMs.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest buensther

my observation is ROM 1.6 somewhat improved SP's battery life. i have also explored the amazing explorer apps and found them useful naman. especially the establishment finder, whenever I look for the nearest 7-11 stores from wherever I am :)

my observation is ROM 1.6 somewhat improved SP's battery life. i have also explored the amazing explorer apps and found them useful naman. especially the establishment finder, whenever I look for the nearest 7-11 stores from wherever I am :)

how many days it can last now?

for the establishment finder, i think they've only created and customized the shortcut for the smart menu (STK Service) and placed it on the full homescreen... not quite sure though...

Guest sweetyls

@bragol

it's like the STK service nga, but it's gprs-based. which means mas magastos, but easier to access. mas user-friendly kasi you don't have to enter the place kung nasan ka. basta magsasabi sya ng establishment na pinakamalapit sa yo.

Guest runab0ut
how many days it can last now?

i'm averaging around 1 and a (alsmost) 1/2 day with this version. not quite the battery life that i'm expecting, but better.

it still sucks, but better. :?

Guest mariolouis

it's just now that i saw the author of this thread!

@virgil

now i know why you are endorsing this upgrade! you work for smart!!!

ikaw si martin nievera! :)