NEW!!ROM UPGRADE version 1.6.0.08 SmartPhone available

Guest virgil

Guest mar9118

Hey guys, I don't mind getting my phone SIM locked again because I applied the SAP 1.6 ROM, I am using Smart SIM anyway....but for Smart to just come up with a ROM upgrade purposely to lock and prevent your phone to be unlock is unfair....they could have at least improve their OS like what i-mate and Qtek did, it is a higher version but with still the same SMS counter problem, no delete all message option, still the same old 0.97 diagnostic screen in the bootloader and not even an improved homescreen :-(

If you are stuck with it and want a way out PM me for details on how to do it :-)

Cheers

I've been following this thread and read the comments of those who upgraded (or whatever you may call it) to 1.6.

I guess i'll give it a go now...just maybe...

Guest Drug_Store

If I did knew what I know now, I wouldn´t upgrade... Because I´m a Portuguese nerwork user, and now that I´m using SPA 1.5, can´t do anything with it.

I´m also looking for a way of getting rid of this SAP s h i t. Sorry to call itthis way, but it´s what it is. Same or worst improvements has Qtek and Imate, and lousy SIM lock option.

Still looking for help... :roll:

Posted from my SmartPhone!

@ML

hahaha...forever......gaya na ba si martin? wawa naman si martin....want to be my lady....

@mar9118

pa share naman ng 1.6 how to procedure....cant send all PM.

Guest Drug_Store

When I try to "Load Backup" of bootloader 0.98 to the MMC using WinHex, always says "Invalid File: user.txt Not proceed". I press "Ok" and "Ignore" and in the end says 13200 sectors successfully written. But the MMC stills empty. Can someone help me solving this?

Oh and after I write it to the MMC, how the phone will turn to 0.98 bootloader? need to copy to phone via diagnostic menu? All I can see there is to Erase the IPSM...

Really needing help on this...

@drug store

the MMC card will be unreadable by your desktop, but would still contain the .98 bootloader. to load it to your phone, 1> turn off your phone 2> insert card with bootloader in your phone 3> start your phone in the canary mode (press/hold record and power on), you'll be given a prompt to load bootloader 4> after a message that says download of bootloader successful or something to that effect, remove battery for 30 secs 5> turn your phone on back to canary mode and you'll see your bootloader is already .98 (i.e, if you really were able to make a working bootloader MMC card).

hope this helps

Guest Drug_Store

Ok, thank u very much for explain me the procedure.

But the problem for now is to write it to the MMC. Always erros appearing. About the user.txt, that is the registration file of the Winhex that I needed to crack to use registered version, could the problem comes from this?

Can I use a lower version of Winhex than this 11.1 SR-1 I´m using?

In the end this downgrade bootloader thing, seems very easy to do. My only problem is to pass the bootloader to the MMC... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thanks guys, with your help, sooner or later, I´ll be able to use my SPV here in Portugal again.

Guest Drug_Store

Nope, stills gives error "File Invalid: user.txt Do not proceed" and "An error occoured while writting to Drive I:". I had to create user.txt to make it registered version, but says the same error as the 11.1. Anyone can provide a good crack for it? please not some key to add to user.txt, because I guess that´s from there wich come this errors. Or anyone can tell me how to correctly register it?

Another thing, I heard that also makes a difference the space of disk u used to make the bootloader backup and the one you´re after to write the bootloader. Is it true?

Oh and I got a SD card that is as it comes from UK when I bought it, and there was Orange system. Can this card help me?

Thanks and sorry for my ignorance on this subject.

Guest kintsay

guys,

where can i download the v1.6 of smartphone? I tried getting it at smart website but could not retrieve it completely. It just hangs as soon as you reach 50% completion.

Hope you can point me to any site that can help be download the said update ROM.

thanks

@kintsay

why don't you bring your unit to smart for the upgrade... mas mbilis pa siguro nila maa-upgrade yun... and after that, you can now try mar9118's procedure...:)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@kintsay

magload ka ng rom version na yun para lang ma-try mo yung procedure? delekado. :shock:

one wrong move and u might end up with a dead unit.

@kintsay,

even if you follow all the procedures correctly, you may still end up with a dead unit. messing with the bootloader is a tricky business. even when we were just fixing the 1.5 ROM. Neo167 could attest to that, ask grifter and ML what they did wrong when they tried to unlock his phone at the EB in grifter's place. Arisme theorized that there may a failsafe thing in some phones or more likely a bug in some that would prevent you from writing to the bootloader more than a certain number of times.

i don't know if this is the right thread but if we're talking about battery life, the xbar app has a meter that measures the drain in battery of our phones. it's accessed by  pressing 3 when xbar is active. i'm currently using smart's 1.6 rom (fyi, i upgraded my replacement unit to fully test out this ROM until my real unit is repaired) and with 0 apps running, full bar in the signal, with 512 mb sd card the measured drain is 156 mAmp. try it your ROMs.  

pa post naman link for xbar can't search it.

BTW, more info on 1.6

http://www.smart.com.ph/SMART/Products/Sma.../Action+Engine/

ACTION ENGINE AMAZING EXPLORER

What is the Action Engine Amazing Explorer and where can I Get it?

Amazing Explorer is software that comes in pre-installed on the Amazing phone with 1.6.0.08 software version. This software can only be found in the Philippines through SMART and our Smart Amazing Phone. Action Engine Amazing Explorer serves as a portal or jump-off point for a large variety of mobile services. Your phone connects to this portal via the GPRS network.

Its GUI-based technology (Graphical User Interface) or picture based interaction (instead of plain text) enables subscribers to easily select and enter information to complete a requested transaction. Results displayed are in a multimedia format combining text and graphics unlike in SIM-based transactions where results are returned only in SMS format- Meaning no more dull text based, one-color menus.

Action Engine Amazing Explorer also interacts directly with your Amazing Phone saving information to your Contacts & Calendars and sending results as SMS is possible when using Amazing Explorer.

What’s more is that Smart can add more and more great content over the air to your phone using action engine. You don’t even have to bring your phone back in for add-ons!

What are its benefits?

 User-friendly experience to various mobile services.

 Minimized GPRS costs through an advanced query of the application. (its cheap)

 Faster download of Information

 Ability to save downloaded information to the Smartphone and a remote server. (Back up on your phone and over the air to a server on smart)

 Ability to send downloaded information via SMS/e-mail.

 Easily update to add new applications dynamically over the air.

What are the currently available software?

1. SSS INFORMATION

In conjunction with government efforts to make public information more accessible to its widely dispersed constituents, the Social Security System (SSS) of the Philippines has considered the possibility of using Mobile technology as a media to deliver member information. SSS aims to deliver general member information through the Amazing Explorer service facility called SSS Information.

No need to line up at your nearest SSS office to access your accounts. do it all through your phone! This means you can check your SSS account anywhere. Even abroad!

Subscribers can have direct access of the ff inquiry services to their individual SSS account through their Smartphone:

 Contributions

o Total No. of Contributions

o Total as of

o Total Advance

o Latest Contribution Date

 Loan

o Check Number (if loan has been released)

o Check Date

o Amount of Loan

o Monthly Due

Benefits:

 Inquire their SSS Account Information through their Smartphone anywhere around the country, and even while on travel.

 Provide SSS members with faster and a more cost-effective inquiry service than visiting an SSS office.

 Ability to send downloaded account info via SMS/e-mail.

2. ESTABLISHMENT FINDER

The Amazing Explorer’s Establishment Finder enables Smart GSM subscribers to access location-based information of major establishments that are nearest to the person’s current location. Subscribers can access information on map and text format.

Find a favorite store, bank, or restaurant nearest to where you’re currently standing!

Subscribers can search for establishments by:

 Selecting a business type

 Entering a company name

By selecting a business type, subscriber selects from a predefined list of establishment categories.

Then subscriber selects the location from the following choices:

 Entering a location (from a defined city list or by typing a location like manila or makati)

 Choosing a saved contact from Pocket Outlook (your office address for example)

 Choosing ‘Near Me’ which searches the subscriber’s current physical location.(WISL)

Search results return the following information

 Establishment’s address

 Establishment’s Telephone Nos.

 Map of Establishment’s location.

Benefits:

 Searching establishments made easy by selecting from predefined information of his desired establishment and category.

 Look for establishments referenced to a defined location, a saved contact from Pocket Outlook or the actual location of the user by using its ‘Near Me’ feature.

 Send Establishment Info via SMS to another number

 Ability to save Establishment’s information as a contact in Pocket Outlook.

 Ability to display the Map of the location of a searched establishment.

 Ability to send downloaded Establishment Info via SMS/e-mail.

3. SMART ONLINE

Enables subscribers to access and manage their SMART accounts and pay services the easy way through Amazing Explorers SMART Online facility. SMART Online puts subscribers in control of their personal or business accounts information, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With Amazing Explorer, they can easily manage their account with just a click on their Smart phone.

Smart Online services include:

1.Bill Inquiry

This feature allows them to view their billing statement up to the last three (3) months, however, they cannot present it as an official billing statement for payment of their accounts.

2. Pay Your Bills - Credit Card

They can pay their due charges using VISA, MasterCard, and JCB. At the end of transaction, they shall keep the payment transaction number and SMART Reference Number to assist SMART in case they experience any concerns about their payment

3. Change Of Billing Address

This allows subscribers to change the specified address where their monthly Billing Statements are sent. Please note however, that changing their billing address will entail a change in their cut-off date (billing period) and payment due date as well.

4. Voice Mail

This allows subscribers to deactivate/reactivate their voicemail feature.

GSM account is automatically equipped with a voicemail feature.They can deactivate their voicemail, however, for second (2nd) and succeeding requests of deactivation, they will be charged with a P330.00 (VAT inclusive) processing fee.

5. International Roaming

This service allows subscribers to activate their International Roaming feature. It is a feature that allows them to use their celfone in other countries where SMART has roaming partners. They can also access ZED services while travelling overseas. Note that activation of this feature needs to be requested prior going to abroad.

6. Call Details

This service allows subscribers to view usage details made using their account. They can be able to see the list of calls being made, GPRS data being sent and downloaded and Value-added services they have availed for up to a period of two months.

Benefits:

 No need to go to wait in line at a wireless center or call customer care.

 Easily manage SMART postpaid accounts through the Smartphone anytime, anywhere.

 Pay bills using credit card (VISA, MasterCard and JCB) using your Smartphone.

 Monitor current account usage realtime.

 File request via Smartphone to change status of Voicemail and International Roaming services without going to a wireless center.

 File request via Smartphone to change subscriber’s billing address without going to a wireless center.

 Ability to send downloaded account information via SMS/e-mail.

ACTION ENGINE AMAZING STORE (Action Update)

Amazing Store is an Action Engine utility that enables user to select different content for download on their Amazing phone. It uses the GPRS connection to download a catalog of different content types (Ringtones, wallpapers, etc) they can use to customize their phones. New content updates can dynamically be displayed on the catalog upon checking for new updates. Multiple content downloads is supported on this utility- download different ring tones and pictures at the same time!

Benefits:

 Easy access to various contents (ringtones, pictures, help) through their Smartphone.

 Up-to-date contents are readily available for downloads when an update is made.

 The Amazing Store will also let you know what you have and haven’t downloaded so you don’t make the mistake of downloading the same thing twice.

 View and Open downloaded items.

ACTION ENGINE SMART SECURE (Action Backup)

Smart Secure is an Action Engine utility that enables Smart phone users to backup their phone contents such as Contacts, Calendars, data under My Documents folder and SIM data on the server via GPRS. This means if you don’t have a computer to backup your Amazing Phone information you can store it securely on our Smart servers. You can do this manually with a push of a button or schedule it to back up your phone automatically on a regular basis.

Benefits:

 Ability to backup information saved on the phone (Contacts, Calendar, My Documents folder and SIM data)

 Restore saved information on the server back to the Smartphone.

 Set automatic backup at a specified time on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.

 View logs for backup / restore history.

What will be available in the Future

Smart Always strives to give you the best and newest content tailor fit to your lifestyle. Keep checking back with the Amazing Action Engine on your phone and you will be pleasantly surprised as new and exciting content will be automatically downloaded to your menu for your benefit.

Guest aldousbee

@virgil

san galing yan sa smart website? ang galeng talaga ng marketing hype ano? bilib na talaga ako sa smart... heh heh

aba bago na ang avatar mo.. heh heh.. pakulit ng pakulit ang mga avatar natin ah... heh heh

Forgive my saying so....BUT............

Upgrading to the new SMART rom for reasons such as better stability or battery life and speed would be reason enough, but......seriously........the apps that have been included are......well........ :roll:

Why not a file explorer, or a new game perhaps......

Hasn't the SMART company ever heard of customer research or common sense. No one in their right mind will in all honesty look at any of these addons/apps as a reason in itself to upgrade.........SURELY NOT!?!?!?!

I digress to the point of confusion..........

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bluetooth

i made the wrong move from upgrading from qtek to smart rom 1.6 last nyt. i was curious though but was frustated that qtek offers more features than this "updated" rom...

is there anyone who can help me out to revert back to qtek?

please, please please... huhuh :cry:

Guest chia_7285

Ey guys, a friend of mine got his SAP upgraded to 1.6. After a few weeks everytime he turns his SAP off then on again he gets an SMS alert with the envelope icon at the top of the screen; but when he goes to the inbox there is no new message there. What gives? :?

Anyone encountered this problem yet? Has this got anything to do with the upgrade?