Orange unveils SPV E200

Guest PaulOBrien

Oh, and as a point of interest, have a look how badly the original SPV does with its lack of ram and 2k2.

As an answer to your indirect question; Yes, it is disapoiting that there actually are several Nokias that score higher than the SPV! :cry:

Hehe, if you try looking in the Unprocessed Results you'll find a Nokia 3300 that scores 2517. The one on the frontpage list scores 697... So either someone tampered with the results or the score depends VERY heavily on what you have installed on the phone... So basicly, I would'n trust the benchmarks that much ....

Guest midnight

the spv result seems pretty far out (whoever tested it obviously didnt do it from a clean boot), but the dopod has several results, all above 3000, and the mitac has a few aswell, so it is quite a good test, they arent just one-offs, as for the nokia 3300, they seem to have removed that result.

Guys, I was wondering if any of you who have already had a play with the new e200 would be able to answer the following questions

1. does the OS now include a built in file explorer?

2. what games will come with it?

3. is the cradle be different to SPV cradle?

4. is it able to use ringtones from the SD card without us having to go into the registry or use other software?

5. is it possible to now erase all texts from inbox without having to resort to sms tools?

cheers! :)

Guest Paul [MVP]

1. No

2. Solitaire and Jawbreaker

3. Original SPV definitely, SPV E100 maybe, but hopefully not.

4. Yes

5. From inbox or sent messages? Inbox, no.

P

Probably pointless info, but in the interests of the community.

I just had to phone CS (bloody voicemail indicator, might piant it out :)),

while I was on the phone I thought I might as well ask to see what this rep would say about E200 release date. The release is still penciled in for end of October (read that as end of Oct/start of Nov), she then said gimme a sec while I see if we have any training sheduled for that phone and apparently that is gonna be this week, next at the latest.

So according to all info so far and reading between the lines Orange might actually stick to the release date we know, unless any major tech problems occur.

"]1. No

2. Solitaire and Jawbreaker

3. Original SPV definitely, SPV E100 maybe, but hopefully not.

4. Yes

5. From inbox or sent messages? Inbox, no.

P

Cheers for the response Paul.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the e200 uses xhtml for the homescreens. :? Sorry if I've missed the point, but what will be the benefit of this over xml?

Did anyone mention voice applications and voice dialling? How does this work on E200? Is it there at all? I saw some quite interesting speculation on this, can't remember where though.

I really hope Orange sort out the Terrible Handsfree kit with no radio mute option. Whoever speced it in Orange needs shooting. E-lead who make the kit don't provide an output.. Bluetooth Car kits are illegal unless they are full fixed ones from Dec 2003 in the UK, so no joy there.

E100 doesn't keep the backlight on and the SPV unlocked whilst in the kit another crap move. I hope the E200 resolves this design flaw. :evil:

Is the E200 supported in the Orange Full handsfree kit? :?

:)

Guest Paul [MVP]

Couldn't comment on the official car kit i'm afraid, but I plan to use mine with a bluetooth car kit anyway.

Exchange 2k3 support is AWESOME!

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

"].

Exchange 2k3 support is AWESOME!

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Cool! looks like i'm going to have to upgrade to a E200... Does the E100 support Exchange 2003? It does support MIS so technically it is possible?

Guest rikwebb

Guy's

Parrot are currently testing their bluetooth car kit with the e200, or so I am told. I have a parrot for my Nokia 6310, its pretty good. I am praying that they will support the e200, saves taking the car to bits again, beemer dashboards are a bugger..... shredded hands last time.

If the fully fitted kit works, then the plug in car kit (bluedrive), will also, it uses the same electronics.

Rik

Guy's  

Parrot are currently testing their bluetooth car kit with the e200, or so I am told. I have a parrot for my Nokia 6310, its pretty good. I am praying that they will support the e200, saves taking the car to bits again, beemer dashboards are a bugger..... shredded hands last time.

If the fully fitted kit works, then the plug in car kit (bluedrive), will also, it uses the same electronics.

Rik

Cheers Rik I suppose the answer here is not to use the Orange. :)

Guest spacecowboy6982

sad...

Oi, settle down son :!: It was the best game out for a good while :!: Are you saying you'd rather enjoy a game of solitaire ( which you could never win) ? Until the like sof SpaceMonkeys Gnuboy etc there was nothing and rebound did its job well. Nuff said :!: :evil: :!:

Guest johnsoanes

With reference to the original SPV being able to connect to Exchange 2003 I can confirm it certainly does. I had a bit of a hassle with SSL certificates but now it works really quite well. There is a lot of hour-glassing when it syncs over GPRS but its worth it. Paul do you know what new features the 2003 smartphone OS offers with Exchange 2003?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.