Petition for Flat Rate GPRS - over 1000 responses already!

Guest PaulOBrien

[

If your spending more than £50/month on GPRS, don't forget that Orange DO have a flat-rate GPRS bundle, for about £50/month.  So despite this being a completely unreasonable price, if your getting a £75 GPRS bill then it could save you money.

Matt

Matt, if you read the terms&conditions, it is flat rate on the basis of reasonable use, which they specify should not exceed 30MB/month (well the last time I read it). They have the right to terminate the service if you exceed this limit. £50 for 30MB is quite expensive.

Can we have "eat as much as you can" service please!!!

What a joke these wireless data packages :evil:

Guest superkingdave

just upgraded and changed my gprs to fifteen pounds for fifteen megabites with a pound per megabyte outside bundle. hadnt realised the prices had gone down again we still need flat rate though! on a darker note my previous 110pound bill just got followed by a 140pound bill for my last month on the old phone!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest simonbratt99

yes signed too. GPRS is fun when ya stuck somewhere, but now i wont use it cos i cant keep a track of the charges, and im not paying £10 for more software to track it that should already be there.

:-(

Guest nvkid909

as a pay-as-you-go customer i think it might be a good idea to allow you to tailor your talk time purchases, ie run a two tier top-up system where you can buy talk time & gprs individually, available in orange shop or by credit card... with the option of allocating part of your top up to gprs (on the same purchase), say, you buy 50 quid top up & allocate 20 of it to gprs? excuse me for being thick, i know bundles are available on plans,

but for payg, an actuall two tier system where part of your balance only works for gprs & the rest for standard talktime/text/wap....?

just an idea...

Guest nu image

I've signed, hope something will change.

Just let me say that here in Italy we have GPRS Flat since 2001 : without flat, no one should surf the net, 'cause it's too expensive

Guest chucky.egg
"]Orange are already aware of it.

Trust me, i'm picking my moment very carefully...

Very carefully indeed it seems...

Could you update us on the number of signatures?

"]
logo-left4.giflogo-right4.gif

Do you believe that your SPV NEEDS Flat Rate GPRS to be worthwhile?

Do you feel the networks aren't listening to the customer with regards to GPRS charging?

Would you consider switching networks to get Flat Rate GPRS?

Then sign the 'Petition for Reasonably Priced Flat Rate GPRS' by CLICKING HERE

We CAN make a difference!

A paper copy of the petition will be produced and delivered to the major networks at a (TBC) future date.

-------------

We have already received well in excess of ONE THOUSAND responses, and increasing fast!

I think the results should give all the networks real reason to worry...

A staggering 92.1%, that's well over a thousand of you, WOULD consider changing operators in order to take advantage of reasonably priced flat rate GPRS.

Below are a few of the many hundreds of comments submitted:

"a flat rate gprs would allow me to make the most of my phone."

"A sensibly priced, flat-rate GPRS would drive a huge take up in the use of data services.  I'm not looking for GBs of throughput a month, just enough for a bit of browsing and emailing - is that too much to ask?"

"about time the providors listened to their customers, and rewarded loyalty properly."

"All I want is a GPRS tarrif to add to the normal phone one. Not tied to sending 500 free SMS per month or 100 minutes of "free" calls or some other rubbish. I just want a simple GPRS add-on for a known, flat rate at a reasonable price."

"Charging a priemium for GPRS when they can get it to work right with the smartphone (always dailing...) really eats at me!!"

"Excellent idea, this would enable us to use our phones as intended without having to get a second mortgage to do so."

"First carrier to provide "unlimited" data on GPRS wins by business!!"

"Flat-fee internet is the KILLER-APP for Orange!"

"GPRS in UK is too expensive. in china, if you spend £70, you can get GPRS unlimited download for the whole year. why should we pay this high price? is Orange not good as other companies?"

"How about a special GPRS contract with flat-rate GPRS but slightly higher call charges? I'd go for that :)"

"I believe that networks work harder to gain new customers than look after their existing customers."