Petition for Flat Rate GPRS - over 1000 responses already!

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chucky.egg
It's about time action was taken!

I have signed...  Will the Operators listen?  Doubt it!

Will they ever hear about it?

No updates on the number of signatures for ages now, and the thread has been going almost exactly 5 months.

Oh well, nice idea, shame nothing came of it

Guest morpheus2702
"]Orange are already aware of it.

Trust me, i'm picking my moment very carefully...

:-)

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

That's was 3rd January...

Guest edgecrush3r

Hahahah.. In holland.. everything wsp:// goes over the WAP-GATEWAY and is freee!!! Now its even better, cause it has been upgraded too WAP2.0 , which means HTML over WAP /..... Freeeeeee Baby !!! YeAahh..

Guest chucky.egg
Taunting us Brits like that should be against MoDaCo rules :lol:

:)

Makes you wonder where O spend all our money...

Maybe they pay the CS staff really really well in return for the excellent job they do?

Guest morpheus2702

Have a toke on this - it'll make you believe that signing a petition and newbies saying "I've signed" every three days will reduce your GPRS bill!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chucky.egg

Cheers fella, dont mind if I do

Hey, wow, is that Orange stuffing free Mb down my phone line to me?

8-[

Gotta go, got the munchies

8-[

Guest chucky.egg

Thread started October 14 2003

Last edited March 23 2004

So what's going on?

Can Paul or a Mod tell us what's happening? The thread is obviously still live if Paul's editing the first post, but there dont seem to be any new figures (it's been over a 1000 signatures for months now).

[edit]

Stats:

Approx 1500 people have viewed this thread (that's people, not total views). Lets assume for a second that all 1500 signed the petition.

There were 5 "signed" posts to this thread in March, so lets take that as the monthly average (just because I can't be bothered to trawl the thread for "Signed" posts).

Lets say, just for an example, that the threshold that the petition gets sent off at is, say 2000 (I just picked a number, it could be anything)

If we maintain the average monthly signatures we reach 2000 signatures, and the petition gets sent to Orange in July 2012

I'm putting a note in my calendar now....

Guest mattscholey

What we need is for Paul to today, post a message on the front page saying "Last chance to sign the petition" to make sure that the thousands of members who registered after October 2003 know about it. He should also send everyone an email about it. That should bring in a few hundred more signitures at least.

He should then wait 7 days, and then take down the petition, and send it off to the operators, like he promised he would.

Paul, if there is some reason why you do not want to do this please tell us. I quite understand that if it were to humiliate Orange, and damage MoDaCo's reputation with network operators, then you shouldn't do it (or atleast it should be your decision whether you do or not). Otherwise what are you waiting for?

Matt

Guest chucky.egg

I agree

If there's an issue with it that we're not aware of then let us know.

We don't want to harm MoDaCo's reputation (or Paul's for that matter) by forcing an issue that puts either in a difficult position, but lets face it no network is going to be keen to see this so we and they just have to face up to it.

I wonder if the lack of action is connected to the low number of signatures. 1500 signatures (if that's what it is) is a very small percentage of the forum membership. I'm surprised more people haven't signed TBH