Agile Messenger

Guest MoRFLeZ

Guest MoRFLeZ

Didn't see this anywhere in the forum ... so here goes: Agile Messenger ready at handango: >>Click Me

Free Download by the way! Here is what they say:

Agile Messenger is an Instant Messenger for your mobile telephone.  

Agile Messenger supports the four most popular instant messaging services: ICQ®, AOL®, Yahoo!® and MSN®.  

Not only is Agile Messenger the most user friendly and reliable instant messenger available for your mobile phone, it is also completely free. Thanks to Agile Messenger you can be truly mobile and never be out of contact with your business contacts or friends again.  

Guest MoRFLeZ

Yeah .. so do I!

It doesn't have a whole lot of features .. but it works really well I think! And you don't get the "Please update" message when you use it...

... runs smooth .. you can easilly see who's talking to ya .. personally I like it better than iMov .. and what do you know... it's FREE!

Guest MoRFLeZ

Couple of things:

- be able to set t9 as the defaul input, at the moment it goes back to abc-mode when you leave a window

- be able to change your nick on MSN (So peeps can see I'm on the cell when MoRF-MoBiLe logs on)

- the "preference" menu acts in odd ways... not saving your settings properly every time...

- Doesn't save ones handle and password under "Edit connections"

- When I log off Agile Messenger and go on my PC .. I don't receive messages from the conversation I was having. When I log on to Agile again .. they pop up! (Only tried this out a couple of times... might just be my slow fingers...)

As it is right now .. I prefer it WAY over the built-in Messenger .. with a few tweaks, fixes and features - it would be the bomb!!

Edited: There's something weird about the Traffic Counter as well .. would be nice to have a "Total Traffic" and a "Session Traffic"

I keep reading about this "messenger warning" when signing in. I have never ever had this and I use Messenger every day ! :shock:

Something to do with my network ?? I use Qtek's 1.50.9.1 on Dutch Vodafone...

Guest nickcornaglia

Looks like a really nice program. Without even using it, I prefer the look of it over iMov Messenger shabby looking design.

When I get a new Smartphone...this will be one of the first things I install.

Guest nikjensie

I love it!!! Much better than iMovs...

One thing though, logging onto Yahoo I only get my first 4 contacts in the list. When I recieve messages from the others it pops up, but how can I get the whole list from the start???

Anyone else with the same problem?

Nik

I have installed this prog on the storage card. When starting the app it gives me the option of which service to connect to then just hangs up and returns to the phones menu.

Maybe i'll try installing it on the phone :?

Any other options anyone?

EDIT: All sorted put it on pass-through and all worked fine. Nice little program :)

Okeeeeee, have gotten it to work.. But now, after I use Agile I have to reboot before I can use my GPRS connection for anything else :?:

Same thing the other way around, I can use my GPRS for mail, i-net and (normal) msn messenger but have to reboot in order to be able to use it for Agile...Very odd :)

I'm in the US with T-Mobile. I can connect to MSN and Yahoo if I am using passthrough, but I can't connect to AOL at all and I can't connect to anything using GPRS??? Any ideas??? I messed around with all the web/wap options, but that didn't seem to help. I can get into MSN mobile and MoDaCo mobile, so I don't believe it's a problem with my carrier. It just hangs and says 'Establishing connection to master server'. I rebooted too and then tried to connect before doing anything else, but that didn't help either.

Also... kind of weird that the only way I can figure out how to enter my @hotmail.com address is to use remote display, and change my T9 to numbers so I could enter the @ symbol...

Guest unclelimey
I love it!!! Much better than iMovs...  

One thing though, logging onto Yahoo I only get my first 4 contacts in the list. When I recieve messages from the others it pops up, but how can I get the whole list from the start???  

Anyone else with the same problem?

Nik

i get all my contacts on yahoo appear, but they all appear offline even though i know some of them are online, also, when a friend sent me a message, i recieved it fine, but my replies never get there

gonna stick with imov

Guest MoRFLeZ

Hmmm odd problems people are experiencing...

Connects fine on my phone... tried the first 2 times via Pass Through .. and then the next 4-5 times via GPRS. GPRS works fine after using Agile Messenger ...

The program is installed on my Storage Card...

I don't have a YAHOO account .. and don't have more than 4-5 friends on YAHOO .. so can't test that one...

I got people's messages fine today (the 15th) on MSN - and thye got mine back no problem.

I think they hurried putting this on the market ... JUST before the 15th ... in order to chill people down *G*! I expect to see some tweaks and upgrades in the near future...

Guest nikjensie

That's odd how there's different bugs for different phones...

So, no one else has a problem with an incomplete Yahoo Messenger Contact list??? I get 3 out of about 30 showing...

IT BUGS ME since that is my only problem with the application...

Everything else works PERFECT!

Nik

Guest Pagemakers
I have installed this prog on the storage card.  When starting the app it gives me the option of which service to connect to then just hangs up and returns to the phones menu.

This is exactly what happens on my e100. I have tried installing on card & phone and after the "connecting to Master Server screen" the program just closes and turns off the GPRS connection.

It works perfectly with the pass through connection. Any ideas?

Secondly a few of you are talking about a warning message when connecting using the built in Messenger. I don’t get any message at all and am able to use Messenger without any problems.

Guest MoRFLeZ

I've heard the same from 3 other UK GPRS users Pagemakers... so it might be a UK thing!? Any other UK members able to test this??

Other boo-boos:

Can't add symbols by holding down the # key ( example _ )

Can't erase (use backbutton) in login and password field

Guest spacemonkey

Works for my on Pass Through but not Through GPRS at all... even after a reboot. When connecting through GPRS it goes to the "Connecting to Master Server" screen and then just quits.

Also, entering account details, if you need a symbol off the # key it doesn't work. When you hold down # the cursor jumps out of the entry field so the key selected won't be put in.

But it's got potential if these bugs can be resolved.

Guest benjymous

Ok, I've got it working via pass-thru, but it still just does "establishing connection to master server" then gives up and quits when using GPRS

Irritating that the back key doesn't function as delete in the account preferences screen

Guest NederSoren
Also... kind of weird that the only way I can figure out how to enter my @hotmail.com address is to use remote display, and change my T9 to numbers so I could enter the @ symbol...

Yeah.. Thats kinda odd.. You have to use '1' to find @..

Besides the few obvious bugs.. this app works very well.. I love that it shows who is writing you.. it makes it so much easyer to chat with more than one person at a time.. :)