Agile Messenger

Guest MoRFLeZ

Guest nikjensie

Well , whatta you know...

So I downloaded the file again from the site, thinking it was the same old... installed it

and voila! It works, behold the power of Instant Messaging!!

Anyway... little note for the creators of this little prog, noticed that it won't accept the

swedish letters åäö, it cuts the rest of the sentence off with those letters... guessing that

there's similair problem with the german letters that isn't in the english language.

Also, the MSN contacts with spaces comes up with %20 instead of the space....

I'M HAPPY NOW :)

Nik

It seems like its a bigger problem than just the Orange UK network then. At least we in the UK still have MSN though. If only Yahoo would write a client I'd be perfectly happy!

It seems like its a bigger problem than just the Orange UK network then.

I don't think anyone has suggested it is just the Orange UK network. Paul suggested it may be something to do with the "Orange UK GPRS firewall". I don't know what the network architecture is, but it's possible that all Orange UK subscribers GPRS data goes through this firewall, regardless of where you are physically accessing the network from. If that's the case and the problem is firewall related, then Agile Messenger isn't going to work for Orange UK subs, wherever they are :)

I had suggested it was because of the Orange UK network - they use some system to sub-net all the GPRS connected terminals on the network and I was guessing that this caused some problems with IM systems, but maybe not. I've had problems with other P2P systems on the P800 (although Agile Messenger on the P800 works fine on Orange UK).

It is definitely possible for Agile Mobile to get it to work, its just difficult for them given that they are based in the Czech Republic and cannot test the code they are trying.

strange, I just installed the app, and don't find any settings? I press "messenger", then "connect", and it keeps connecting to the server without progressing at all.

I use it on passthrough, and I already tested surfing and checking mail, so that part works. Do I have to setup something before connecting? and how do I do that?

btw, I'm not an Orange cmr...

Guest elziado

Thanks for posting the CAB link, but I can't get it to work. I have tried accessing it from UK Orange roaming on Movistar in Spain, and also with Vodafone Spain. When I enter the link I just get loads of gibberish on the screen, like it opened the file rather than dloaded it! What am I doing wrong? :)

Yes. Right click on the link and select Save As. This should down a cab file to your desktop. Once you've done this, copy it to /mobile device/ipsm/windows/start menu/, if you hit start, then go into something like accessories, then come back out and you should notice a new link in your start menu. select this and it should install.

Note that it won't work unless you've unlocked your device.