NeoStream-Minimal

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest Ainvar

When I click on the alarm link it takes me to the BLuetooth settings menu.

I have a SPV e200 and it came with the latest rom on there that matches the rom upgrade that Orange UK is hosting.

Is this something cause of a rom upgrade by any chance??

So I guess what is needed to make the alarm plugin work on a Smartphone running 2003?

Guest nickcornaglia

Correct. The RitchieM Alarm Plugin is following the keystrokes that would lead you to Date/Time Settings on the 2002 OS.

The e200 has an alarm plugin built in. Look in the Orange Homescreen for the clsid plugin they use there. Then you can change the Alarm Plugin clsid in this homescreen to match.

Guest Ainvar

Ok I saw on another forum on this site about the plugin was made for 2002 after I posted, but I am not really following you on the Orange plugin. and the clsid

Guest nickcornaglia

If you open the XML file for this homescreen and the orange homescreen you'll see what I'm talking about. Each plugin has a unique clsid number that references it's place in the registry.

Editing these files is what allows homescreen customization by calling the plugins and formatting them.

Orange made their own version of the alarm plugin for the e200 OS. The plugin captures the correct keystrokes needed to get to the Dat and Time settings on the 2003 OS.

If you open the orange homescreen XML file in Root Windows folder on your phone....you'll see that the Alarm Plugin CLSID is different than RichieM's. Copy this plugin code and place it into the homescreen of your choice and reformat it to your taste or to match the homescreen your are using.

Practice and trial and error are needed to learn homescreen editing and creating. Check out some threads in the Customization-Discussion forum for some tips.

Guest mt01631

Just a quick note to say how much this skin rocks.

Did the usual for the past 2 months and installed a new skin just about every night but I always end up coming back to this one, clear, simple and all the info is there.

Each to their own at the end of the day but credit where it's due :D

Mark

Guest Ainvar

ok searched for ways to view this file and in the 2003 Windows Mobile OS it does not allow me to view, edit, copy, or paste files that are located in the rom itself. The apps I have seen from threads that are linked by the words "plugins", "homescreen", and other keyswords talk about xml files for this and that. I have not found anything related to what Orange SPV e200 alarm plugin is for this 2003 rom image. Thanks though for your replies and have a good one. This skins rocks out of all the ones I have tried so far and the format of it is nice to look it. Not so blocky and default.

Guest nickcornaglia

Thanks for the compliments. Remember this is based on skins by http://smartphone.kleinweder.ch/ so I cant take all the credit.

Check out the FizzyMinimal skins as well in this forum...which is basically the same type skin with updated plugins including RJShortcut and RJTasks.

I've been swampped and can't get the time to update any of these....but one day, I'll either fix them or make a new one altogether.

As far as the alarm plugin:

One the Orange e200...the Orange Homescreen with included plugin is located in the root windows directory on the phone named OrangeHomescreen.home.xml

In it you can find the alarm plugin details. Here is the section pertaining to the alarm plugin (specific to Orange e200 phones)

<!-- row2 col4: alarm -->

<shortcut width="100%">

<plugin wrap="0" height="20" width="100%" handlekeys="FOCUS" clsid="{A2536C59-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}">

<format state="selected" padding-left="4" padding-right="4" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" />

<format padding-left="4" padding-right="4" />

<background bgcolor="COLOR_NOTIFTRAY"  />

<errortitle>

<text lang="0x0409">Busy</text>

<text lang="0x0809">Busy</text>

<text lang="0x040c">Erreur</text>

<text lang="0x0406">Fejl</text>

<text lang="0x0413">Fout</text>

<text>Busy</text>

</errortitle>

<errormessage>

<text lang="0x0409">Settings are already being edited</text>

<text lang="0x0809">Settings are already being edited</text>

<text lang="0x040c">Le réveil est indisponible</text>

<text lang="0x0406">Indstillinger er allerede ved at blive rettet</text>

<text lang="0x0413">Andere instellingen worden al aangepast</text>

<text>Settings are already being edited</text>

</errormessage>

<label>

<text lang="0x0409">Alarm: <status off="Off" /></text>

<text lang="0x0809">Alarm: <status off="Off" /></text>

<text lang="0x040c">Réveil: <status off="désactivé" /></text>

<text lang="0x0406">Alarm: <status off="Fra" /></text>

<text lang="0x0413">Alarm: <status off="Uit" /></text>

<text>Alarm: <status off="Off" /></text>

</label>

</plugin>

</shortcut>

Again, there are tons of homescreens available where you can open the XML and customize it a bit. It is the best way to better understand how the Homescreen XML works.

Microsoft also offers white papers on homescreen development on their development site.

Check out the hundreds of threads in the Customization-Discussion Forum to see what questions have been asked in the past and what others have learned. You can ask questions there as well where I'm sure you get an answer right away. Be sure to do a quick search before asking questions as many have already been asked and answered.

Guest Ainvar

Ahh thanks, I did not have the orange home screen page. I think this is not an Orange branded phone at all. I searched for that file name and the closest one I cane to was a "home.cpl.xml" file. So I am not sure if this will help me any either. I will continue reading and messing around.

I know this phone is unlocked and I can install any app I want also.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest t3m17

how do you install this on the MPx200, i cant figure out how, somebody please give me some very basic instructions and ill figure out. just like what directory to put what in plz.

thanks

i cant wait to use it

• 2 months later...
Guest tangyp
nm  

i got it

Unfortunately, I don't! :)

I've just downloaded this homescreen onto my O2 Xphone and I love it very much. However, the Alarm plugin still doesn't work (takes me to Bluetooth settings when I press it) and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make it work. Call me Mr. Stupid!

Is it supposed to work out of the box or do I still have to tweak it some more. And if I got to tweak it some more, can someone please tell me how to do that in layman's terms?

I'm wondering if anybody got this to work with their Xphone? If yes, would appreciate some help. Thank you very much!

Guest nickcornaglia

The plugin is by RichieM and was made for 2002 phones. It mimics key presses that do not lead you to the same place on 2003 phones. The Orange e200 has their own plug in for alarms. Does your phone have its own as well? If not. Maybe someone will rewrite this plug in to work correctly on 2003 phones.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest marcdbl

Attached is a modified version of the xml which uses the Orange Alarm plugin. It works on my C500.

This is my first time editing a plugin, and I can't believe it (seems) to work. Hope this is useful to someone.

c500.zip

Guest mister_c

When I get to the botom of the screen and click the links page does not come up. I am using a locked Orange SPV E200, any ideas for sorting this out? Great homescreen, I really love having this on my phone. Can't wait for the next one.

Greate homescreen!! i luv it!! one problem is with my appointments... is there way to make ur appointments appear until 1 hour before they are due, or so that they appear when I want them to rather than being there all day?

Guest nickcornaglia

The all day appointments are there all day.

The calandar appointments are there until their time has past.

These are the ways the plugins work. Sorry, there is no way to modify their functionality.

ah well, i just hate the fact that the appointments for tommorow pop up today... i know it is reminding u that the appointments r coming up.. but i would rather have the come up on the day it is due not a day before.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest llamafarmer

Thanks for all the tips guys, particularly encece! After much trial and error, I've finally managed to tweak the XML file so it works properly on my shiny new C500! So even a Smartphone newbie can do it! :)

This is a great looking home screen, with just the right information - great job encece!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wookieloou

I have installed the Alarm plugin, restarted -- the alarm link takes me to BT options. The Missed Calls button does nothing. Am I missing something? ^_^

Guest nickcornaglia

Alarm Plugin - Please read the reply in the Oranje Homescreen thread.

The missed Calls plugin does nothing unless you actually have missed calls.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.