Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Guest LAMBERTJ08

No, write this :

Orange planlægger at gøre den nødvendige opgradering tilgængelig med en ny software version, der lanceres den 15. november 2003.

It's in danish... sorry :lol:

Guest Richie M
http://www.orange.dk : it's write the 15th

:lol: as i havent got or seen the Orange DK update i cant comment on that.

Richie - Orange themselves say mid-November for the MSN fix on their website, and Orange personnel on this site have mentioned 15th November numerous times.
mid-November is around what i said :( i also mentioned that in the process of releasing a ROM update there is an unspecified ammount of time that is out of Oranges hands when the update needs to be certified - as this is not done by Orange - therefore if it gets held up with HTC or NSTL the release date slips and Orange take the flak for something they have no control over :)

As for the Orange personnel mentioning 15th November; unfortunately (AFAIK) none of them are directly involved in the Smartphone projects - granted the 15th November may of been on Oranges Intranet, but that is not meant for public broadcast and was/is only a guideline date. (again this is only AFAIK, as 1) i do not have access to their Intranet :) and 2) it contradicts what i have been told 3) I would assume Orange cant give a definite date for release until they get it back from HTC after certification (see above))

If the E100 had a decent battery life out-of-the-box, or connected to GPRS reliably, or if I could use Messenger, then I wouldn't give two hoots about this update. But call me Mr. Pinickity... 
hehe nah your not Mr Pinickity, your point is valid and i completly understand ;)

Guest LAMBERTJ08

So only that could be today the update :shock:

Did the ROM already leave for certification :?:

I have that in the head. I badly slept last night because of that :lol:

Sniff sniff.

Guest morpheus2702

Well my phone has just de-decertified itself, and is resisting all attempts at OTA decerting.

Is this the start of the updating process or something to add to the pinickity list? :wink:

Personally, I think Skynet is taking over as we speak...

Guest morpheus2702

Umm, my French is terrible but here goes... :wink:

Skynet est la computer dans le film 'Terminator' avec Arnold Schwarzenegger (il n'est un nazi pas). Skynet va au telephone le monde et begin taking oveur all computeres in le monde.

Mon dieu! Skynet est dropping bombs de nuclear.

Sacre bleu, c'est John Connor, le saviour de humanity!

I think you've had enough already?

Guest mattscholey

Ok, so it's 5 o'clock on Friday 14th November (Paul, just noticed you've forgotton to turn to MoDaCo clock back - look at the posted time). I was told on 156 that an MSN fix would be out tomorrow. What I want to know is, will it?

I'll try 156 this time tomorrow if I haven't heard anything else.

Matt

Guest robnico

It's getting a bit annoying with the 1.6 update. I haven't been able to use the normal msn for over a month now.. and beside that.. Orange launched MMS finaly in Holland now.. but as you can guess.. every phone can use it except the phone almost build for Orange.. yes the SPV phone..

So MMS is available since a week now I think but I can't use it.. and for I am Dutch.. it's free till february 2004.. so I feel a bit angry about Orange and there way of working with the SPV owners..

But I hope the 1.6 Update will fix all problems and even make the phone better then before..

Guest statscat

THey wouldn't be deliberately with holding this and they are probably just as gutted as we re that its not out yet (they will be missing GPRS etc from MSN).

Just because a conpany receive *code* doe NOT mean that code WORKS!

How often have you waited onsomething to get it and realise there is something seriously up with it ? It happens and its right that they test it thoroughly because if your phone got worse in one area you would be really annoyed to and say they should have done more testing.

I think the sensible approach is perhaps for them to de-couple the messenger fix from the ROM update, ROM updates are big things and code changes etc can effect anything and everything ...............

So Orange will air on the side of caution, I know its bad when u want to use these things and you can't but, we should really be asking for the MSN fix now and the ROM build when its ready :lol:

THat way we can all be happier

Guest Paul [MVP]

CoolSmartphone.com is reporting that it looks like the NL update may have been leaked?

[Edit: Download link has been removed from the original source]

We recommend that you DO NOT install this update, as it's origin cannot be verified.

P

Guest hecatae
"]Looks like the NL update may have been leaked?

[Edit: Download link has been removed from the original source] 

P

downloading as I'm posting this,

will be updating from 15086 I-mate

Guest statscat

hmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have to say install at your own risk it is not an *official* release.

PLUS

Its Orange's copyright I am not to sure they would be happy about the publicising of the url :s

Your right this is NL update .... strange where it's come from ....... :?: Be carefull number of bits is differnt then it should have (At least diffrent then I have).

Robnico - do not worry U will have update soon ... and as I heard most probably u will recive CD with This ... I't quite too big to send by E-mail.