Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Guest cyrilthefish

I thought there wasa way to network unlock the e100, or maybe I just dreamt it :roll:

My e100 is network unlocked!

I did it by copying over the bootloader from my old SPV (0.98 i think) before running the unlock program 8)

But like paul said, i don't think you can do it with the default e100 bootloader

Guest barncourt

Just installing now... Required a bit of jiggery pokery to get it to install - they seem to have toughned up on the DeviceData work around. Had to install an old version of NL before it would let me install 1.63 ....

Will let you know what the results are.....

Switch on.. "Test Only Not For Sale" displayed over Orange sunset...

Boots ok.... Couple of screens... "AddConfig... Waiting...", followed by "Checking IPSM... Waiting...".

It works!!! 8-) Will have a play and report tomorrow morning....

P.S. MSN Messenger WORKS !!!!

Guest statscat

hmmmmmmmm

you mean it appears that on the surface it works, thats a very different thing.

I think its seriously inadvisable to install this ROM you have no idea of its exact origin, if it is oranges ROM then its their copyright and they won't be happy that it is being distributed and more importatnly how do you know it passed all the test for gprs stack, IMEI numbers have you got a full test suite at home ?

There is no sensible reason for Orange to withold thr ROM if it were stable build thus I can only conclude that this is a failed ROM,

Installation will void your warranty and could cause you issues in the future.

I truly advise against the installation of this ROM.

Guest barncourt

Relax. It seems to be working fine. Obviously screws up your GPRS settings etc. But seems stable. IA Style have included Space Maker and Task Manager. Nothing more. Navigation through menu's is quick. Phone seems a bit longer shutting down though. Messenger is working fine.

As a build it seems ok, but nothing much else. Bit of an anti climax for some people i feel.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest hecatae
Just installing now...   Required a bit of jiggery pokery to get it to install - they seem to have toughned up on the DeviceData work around.  Had to install an old version of NL before it would let me install 1.63 ....

Will let you know what the results are.....

Switch on.. "Test Only Not For Sale" displayed over Orange sunset...

Boots ok....  Couple of screens... "AddConfig... Waiting...", followed by  "Checking IPSM... Waiting...".

It works!!! 8-)    Will have a play and report tomorrow morning....  

P.S.   MSN Messenger WORKS !!!!

Same here, IA style tools are pretty cool, space maker and taskmanager.

Picture Manager in there as well, I cant downgrade to 15086, even from bootloader screen now 1.10.

anyone know how to hack the registry to remove the not for sale test only on the Orange Sunset Screen?

Guest barncourt

I'm guessing it's stored as a bit map somewhere, so i imagine hacking the registry is a non-starter.

I notice there is support for IMAP4 in the inbox now though. Is this a new feature? Personally, i'd have preferred support for hotmail.

Guest hecatae
I'm guessing it's stored as a bit map somewhere, so i imagine hacking the registry is a non-starter.  

I notice there is support for IMAP4 in the inbox now though. Is this a new feature?  Personally, i'd have preferred support for hotmail.

Yeah just read it is on the rom, looks like I'm going to have to change all my gprs settings

Guest mattscholey

When Orange finally release this update, how can I download it. Do I have to use Orange Update (costing me some MB's), or can I get it off the net. I wasn't around when the last update happened, so would like to know how everyone gets hold of it.

Matt

Guest MARKUKCOUK

to sum up my feelings... ive installed the rom last night "live" in the chatroom to my E100, and ill be installing it to my second SPV later as im my opinion its fine.

NO GPRS Hanging on dialling...

MSN is BACK!

SEEMS a lot faster (might just be me)

Not lost the signal once....

If you've got the guts - DO IT youll be happy you did

if your unsure, dont bother :lol:

if you want to just avoid the devicedata crap (which HAS been changed), just go to the three colours screen (hold the record button while u turn it on, and wait (Dont press any keys)) bootloader screen.

mine had the test only message, but now just seems to hve the "mobile operator" placeholder screen

it starts in Dutch, but resets itselfs after some checks and comes back in english ;) GPRS settings need fixing

ive not managed to unlock it yet, (software lock) but im still trying.

Guest Dumdidum

I have installed it too yesterday and it is working really good!

Faster boot

SMS-Counter works ok!

MSN Messenger works

IA Space Maker und IA task Manager included

...but you can't go back to 1.5 or 1.36.... !

Guest barncourt

I must admit it seems a much better build.. I was previously using 1.37 UK.... The only problem may be performing subsequent updates... May be forced to stay with the NL image.... Not that I'm bothered....

If I get bored later... I might have a bit more of a play....

But it is definitely a significant improvement...! 8-)

Guest Dumdidum

I found a way back to another image.........................!

First download the update which you want to install

unrar it with WINRAR.

Then start again the update 1.63 and proceed until he says that he will now update!

At this point, copy the NK.nbf-File from your update to the this directory: C:Program FilesRUU_ORG_NL

there it should replace the 1.63-NK.nbf!

then he will install the version you want instead of 1.63!

SUPER!

Guest barncourt
I found a way back to another image.........................!

At this point, copy the NK.nbf-File from your update to the this directory: C:Program FilesRUU_ORG_NL

there it should replace the 1.63-NK.nbf!

then he will install the version you want instead of 1.63!

SUPER!

Do you know... I nearly thought about doing that - then I thought - nah couldn't possibly work - ho ho.... just goes to show.... That is a useful technique - I suspect you could flash just about any version that way. Nice one....

Guest barncourt

Only problem I see with this build - and it may be true of the final 1.6 build, is that it doesn't appear to want to unlock via the Orange Developers site anymore.... :cry: