Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Surely version one of Windows 98 was different to version one of Windows XP? I may be wrong, there may be an operator code as well as an OS code but I don't think thats the case.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Incedentally, we're on version 1.61 with Orange. The final release version certainly won't be any lower than that (i reckon probably 1.62 for public release, as they have to remove the "TEST" Orange sunset screen).

Guest tjdransf

Hey all

I am another miffed Orange customer who is waiting for this illusive update. as many of u have also done i have been in constant contact with 156 and also spoke many times to microsoft. both seem to just blame each other. well i have arranged for one of the 156 managers to phone me tomorrow with some information on the update. I know what she will say straight away that it will be ready in the next few weeks........

ok i guess i need to vent some steam but this just takes the piss

Guest mattscholey
Maybe we should ALL call 156 and hound Orange until they finally release this supposed Up-date!! :twisted:

That really won't help. They're not holding this update back just to annoy us. If the update was ready for us to take advantage of, it would be out right now.

Matt

I don't think that's necessarily fair. I don't think Orange are holding the update back just to annoy us all & shouting at them won't actually speed things up. Would you hurry up just coz soemone shouted at you?

The problem is lack of communication. If Orange came out very publicly (this forum would be the ideal place) every week & gave us a reasonable update on the update ... there would be no cause for whinging & wondering, would there!!??

Guest mattscholey
The problem is lack of communication.  If Orange came out very publicly (this forum would be the ideal place) every week & gave us a reasonable update on the update ... there would be no cause for whinging & wondering, would there!!??

Agree totally. I'm really not desperate for this update. I just want to know when it's coming out, so I can predict next months GPRS usage (MSN and dialling fix). It's so frustrating having everyone with knowledge not posting about this reguarly. It seems that Orange don't even care that I've given them £300 for a phone with MSN on, and now they won't even provide MSN.

Matt

Guest legalbeagle

This is the reason several companies (and the government) operate a charter system: provide information transparently and receive fewer complaints. I am not sure what Oranges policy is on keeping its customers informed of developments. It seems that it would be a good piece of customer relations to provide estimates for such items as updates, new phone release dates, plans on upgading WM2002 phones to WM2003 etc. Unless they do this, speculation is rife and people can be disappointed when Orange does not live up to the (often overstated) speculation.

Guest morpheus2702

Bet you any money that the update is going to fall back even more now.

The E200 and the 4-way D-pad will be costing Orange/HTC MAJOR revenue in terms of people not buying, people returning phones etc.

They will be pulling out all the stops for a fix above and beyond any other consideration.

OH!! I just got this reply in my inbox, from Orange CS!! :shock:

Dear Simon

Thank you for your mail.

I am sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing with your

Orange SPV phone.

I would like to advise that we are currently working with Microsoft

and the 1.6 update should be available in the near future.

I am unable to advise of any dates when this will be available.

I am sorry I am unable to be of assistance.

Kind regards

Kelly

Orange Customer Services

:shock:

So, that would seem to put paid to any rumours that there will be a 1.6. update any time soon!!

Guest HurricaneDave

hehe at least yo got a real reply :lol:

all i got was a cut'n'paste from the orange web site :x

we appologize blablabla update will be available in MID november lol blablabla :evil: :evil: :evil: