Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

So if I flash my decerted phone with this build I'm gonna have go through all that crap again ?? :evil: (OTA never worked for me, probably because it's an Orange phone, but not bought at Orange and used with a non-Orange sim..)

True... did the trick last time. But there's no telling whether it still will with a new ROM.. They might block the use of other decerting tools accpet their own. They killed the use of the simlock app in the new bootloader versions aswell so why stop there ?

This is an official Orange tool though, not a 'dodgy' third party tool. The new version means you don't have to wait for the unlock message to come through, you can 'pull' it from the system.

I know, I know.. But I'm not an Orange customer and I never will be, that's why I couldn't get the code OTA last time.

Anyways, we're off topic here, I'll simply wait for the ROM update and them I'll see what it does or doesn't do decert- and simlockwise..

Guest LAMBERTJ08

Hello Mr. Orange,

It would be possible that I test this version at my risks to speak about it in France ? Moreover, I wish to know if the skin Orange will be exactly the same one as on the current ROM Orange... the current skin Orange (with small short cuts) does not function on a SPV with ROM QTEK.

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry for my english... :wink:

LAMBERTJ08 (DJ-JO) [email protected]

I for one am looking forward to having an updated and reliably tested Orange rom on my phone.

Its been a long wait and seems long over due. Buts only in that theres been so much talk/hype since the first words were let out of the bag.

Confusion and frustration at all the other rom releases ahead of it from other companies has only made matters worse it would seem.

It's been a real drag losing the Orange Shortcut plugin that became lost having used any non-orange rom images.

Several of the best skins such as DX_PPC (personal favorite) may just work once again with menus no longer missing the various shortcuts??

One can but hope.

At least it wont be down to sleepless nights black coffee and prayers and endless canary screens and resets to get it to work. Sounds like Orange are putting it quite literally though its paces before its released upon us. In my opionion this can only be a plus and only to our advantage.

May the smartphone live for many many years to come......

Guest Richie M
Moreover, I wish to know if the skin Orange will be exactly the same one as on the current ROM Orange... the current skin Orange (with small short cuts) does not function on a SPV with ROM QTEK.  

Thank you for your answer.  

Sorry for my english...  :wink:  

LAMBERTJ08 (DJ-JO) [email protected]

Er yes its the same, because its designed by Orange and only to run with an Orange ROM, the QTEK ROM does not have the Orange plug-in.

Your english is fine :)

Guest LAMBERTJ08

OK, thank you.

I love the skin Orange... :wink:

But good, not the choice with ROM QTEK... :cry:

Nobody tests this ROM in France... we have not many informations about her...

@ Mr. O -

Can you say what the current official stance is regarding certification lock is on the new build? Will Orange ever relinquish it?

Obviously you can see from this forum that nearly everyone has unlocked their phones (through the Orange website!!). Couldn't it realistically be removed alltogether, & replaced with adequate disclaimers?

Anybody involved in this test had any of the GPRS stuck at dialing... problems?? If so, can you confirm if the connection is better?

& also, has anyone noticed better signal strength as a result of the new radio stack? You know what I mean, like, any places you couldn't get signal now better?

Guest morpheus2702

Then give us it Paul, give us it NOW!!! Please please please!

I am so sick of looking like a complete nonce when I stand on a table in a pub screaming 'hey everyone look at me! I'm surfing the Internet! That's right, surfing on my phone! Bwwaahahahaah!!! What do you mean it says 'connecting'?"

I've taken my pills now and feel fine. Thank you. :wink:

Guest LAMBERTJ08

Please Mr. Orange :)

After what is said on this forum, the ROM functions very well... why await November 15 :?:

Very long period for a test of a Smartphone ROM... :(

Especially that if there were large bugs, Paul would have found them in less one day... 8)

Please please please... the ROM... it's time :!: 8)

Guest Paul [MVP]

As previously mentioned, the ROM has to be certified as ready for release through the official channels before it is made available.

When it's available... you'll hear it here first ;-)

P

Guest Richie M

As for signal strength i'm not sure either, as i get Orange cover anywhere in my area :)

But FYI i have streamed 20kbps audio with 1 signal bar, with no buffering :(/

And like Paul, never been stuck on Dialing :D