Update on the 1.6 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Guest awarner [MVP]

Hourglass? whats that :?:

Seriously only when first loading an app ie Smart Explorer you see it for about 1 second and some games may show it for 2 or 3 seconds.

I've not really noticed it at any other times :)

All sounds very promising!! :)

But please, people - stop harrassing Paul & the other Mods to release the software!! :evil:

It's not their decision, & as said here many times before, the fact that our Modaco mods are even involved in the test procedure is something we should all be glad about.

If the results of the test are as good as they seem, then I'm sure Orange will release the update at the first opportunity - & like Paul says - we will be the first to get the news!! :wink:

EDIT - BTW, will the lightning fast menus mean that spacemonkey's surrealstart menu app is redundant, or superfast??

Guest Richie M
I could try the SPV E 200 in Telco-Geneva, and I can say it was lightening fast...

Can this update be comparable?

No because the E200 runs 2003 and this is the UK update for 2002

Spacemoney's app actually makes coming out of folders faster, but

scrolling through the main menu is slower.

Err... so are you using it with the new build?

Guest awarner [MVP]

I have tested it with two of my phones running side by side

and the differences are noticable as I posted above.

So spacemonkeys app is not needed as such.

Guest LAMBERTJ08

Mr Orange, there is a small luck that we have this ROM before the 15 :?:

It is damage for which it is necessary to wait still if the ROM seems perfect according to what is said.

Remark: Orange France does not communicate on French Web, it is pity. For when Mr Orange on Smartphony.org or Smartphonefrance.info :?: :roll:

Anybody in France does not test the French ROM 1.6 :?: Why :?:

Furthermore, I have just discovered the new skin Orange of the SPVe200 will this one be compatible with the ROM 1.6 under Smartphone 2002 :?:

Is this one in the ROM 1.6 :?: :roll:

On French Web, nicknames me king of the ROM, you understand my impatience...

Furthermore, on French Web, always hints at me when it is a question of doing a risky trick. I am a born do-it-yourselfer.

Thank you.

Guest Richie M
Mr Orange, there is a small luck that we have this ROM before the 15  :?:  

It is damage for which it is necessary to wait still if the ROM seems perfect according to what is said.

Remark: Orange France does not communicate on French Web, it is pity. For when Mr Orange on Smartphony.org or Smartphonefrance.info  :?:   :roll:  

Anybody in France does not test the French ROM 1.6  :?:  Why  :?:  

Furthermore, I have just discovered the new skin Orange of the SPVe200 will this one be compatible with the ROM 1.6 under Smartphone 2002  :?:  

Is this one in the ROM 1.6  :?:   :roll:  

On French Web, nicknames me king of the ROM, you understand my impatience...  

Furthermore, on French Web, always hints at me when it is a question of doing a risky trick. I am a born do-it-yourselfer.

Thank you.

First off please remember that this is a Orange UK ROM not a Orange France ROM.

Although we have tested this ROM and given it the all clear, the ROM has to be certified as ready for release through the official channels before it is made available, which takes time. And we do not have the final ROM, the "For Testing Only" graphics need to be removed before public release :)

The new homescreen plug-in on the E200 is written for the E200 which runs Smartphone 2003 - and is therefore and will not be in the Update, and i doubt it will be in any future 2002 update.

Guest LAMBERTJ08

The service customers Orange France speaks about an update for November 15 that should be the same update as your 1.6 but with the French configuration.

It is the same for all the countries where there is SPV Orange (Switzerland, Denmark,...). It is Orange UK which is loaded with the project SPV if I can say that like that but it is damage which Orange communicates only on a site UK and not in the other countries :cry:

As for the new plug-in, it is pity there will not be really average in getting back it on a e200 and to put on it on a SPV first generation :?:

Even if your ROM is configured for your country, I would like testing her to speak about her on French Web... just for speak about :!:

My SPV turns at present with the last ROM QTEK.

Many SPV and SPVe100 in France turns with the ROM QTEK at present... Orange should fast react :!:

Guest midnight

yeh, submenus, it means that if you go to the sms/mail icon you can go directly to creating a new sms instead of first going into the inbox, then creating a new sms i beleive. How customiseable this is i dont know, but would be real cool if you can do it to any app/program you want, imagine win media player opening a specific playlist from the homescreen :) (i doubt somehow its this customiseable, but we can only hope)

Guest LAMBERTJ08

Ha OK, I hadn't understand. My english is not perfect :cry:

I hesitate to buy the e200... the evolution is not significant.

As Galaga (Patrice of Smartphony.org), Tréo 600 attracts me more and more :shock:

Guest midnight

until i have a play with the e200 i cannot make that decision, but early reports of people who have used it says its a REALLY nice phone, much faster than the spv/e100, built it camera/bluetooth etc, new os, ok, the design is similar (new joystick is supposedly very nice, big improvement over e100), but to be honest, i like the design of the e100. So its more of an evolution of the e100 rather than a revolution, is that such a bad thing?

My contract runs out soon, I'll definitely be getting one :)

Guest morpheus2702

Evolution? Hmm, maybe functionally, but aesthetically I think the E100 can best be described as just 'different' to the E100.

My opinion is that the E200 looks less 'designed' than the E100, in having amorphous blobs for the soft keys and joystick, and being smoothly featureless around the joystick. The earpiece looks as if it comes from the HTC pick and mix bag of earpiece designs.

Sure, I bet it will all work better, but the E100 just looks better. Chizzeled even!

yeh, submenus, it means that if you go to the sms/mail icon you can go directly to creating a new sms instead of first going into the inbox, then creating a new sms i beleive.

:shock: Drool! Want!

If that is customisable for anything you want on the homescreen - that's the next level!! "spose that's mean I'll be getting an E200 then!